Lake Superior State University is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.25 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.25 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration89 Graduates
Homeland Security44 Graduates
Fire Science and Fire Fighting40 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities28 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies26 Graduates
Business Administration and Management23 Graduates
Wildlife and Fisheries Management20 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science19 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.35 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.18 responses
Lake Superior State University Reviews
Review Lake Superior State University
Lake superior is a small campus, very easy to get around. But this means you'll meet more people and connect with the professors more. The town is small too so it's not too bad finding somewhere to go, especially bring right on the border!
I was fond of the class sizes, the teachers, and the students. I was, however, not thrilled with the atmosphere or the location. Yes, the location is favorable for wildlife research, but the school itself was not impressive. It is built from the skeleton of a military base, but that is exactly what it feels like. The buildings are all brick and square. As soon as I visited other colleges, I immediately was enchanted with their buildings and grounds compared to LSSU. My moral of this review is to apply if it has your specific major, but don't put it as your priority.
The dorms I've said in so far where nice, I liked my freshmen year dorm the best so far, I'll be a Junior in the Fall. The best option was my sophomore year dorm, the bathrooms weren't committal. The worst option in my opinion was Osborn small size, the rooms I thought were very small but they were still very nice! The social atmosphere is nice, its a small campus so you get to know everyone in your hall for the most part. Cost is decent at about $8,000 a year.