Our historic campus is located in Sault Sainte Marie, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (" the U.P."). Surrounded by three Great Lakes and millions of acres of forest, our backyard offers the perfect laboratory for study and countless recreational opportunities for the outdoor adventurer. Students who do well at LSSU appreciate nature, take time to study, and try new things. Our faculty prides itself on knowing their students both in and out of the classroom. Seeing you succeed in the classroom and life is why they teach. With over 65 degree programs, you'll find the right path to ensure a successful career. If you want confidence entering your career, enjoy the outdoors, and professors who know you by name, then LSSU may be the right choice for you. Visit us online to schedule a campus tour or apply today.
Lake Superior State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.31 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.31 responses
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration86 Graduates
Fire Science and Fire Fighting39 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities26 Graduates
Homeland Security and Disaster Management24 Graduates
Wildlife and Fisheries Management24 Graduates
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Paramedic)16 Graduates
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.41 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.41 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.18 responses