1. Mattoon, IL
  2. 2 Year

Lake Land College Reviews

Lake Land College is an excellent institution, especially for its size. Although I did not think that I would enjoy it here, I truly do enjoy it.
This college is small which made the transition from high school or college a lot easier for me. All of the staff members are very kind and welcoming. I did have multiple issues with them misspelling my name and creating two different accounts for me. This made registration very stressful and confusing. The food court is extremely small and there is not a very good variety in food to choose from. Other than that, I love the campus and the employees.
The class sizes are small. Instructors are very friendly and get to know their students. Campus and surrounding community is pretty safe.
The one thing that I love about Lake Land College is the agriculture department and how we are all so close. All in all, I have had an amazing experience here at LLC, I have not experienced one bad advisor or instructor. As a student here I really see no changes or concerns, it is a great community college that has taught me so much as well as prepare me for when I transfer to a university.
I like how small the campus is. It's easy to get around and know where you are. I wish they had more food options besides just subway because it gets old after a couple days in a row.
I would much rather take online courses. Some courses are definitely an overload. Normally you get a week to work on them. A lot of online discussion goes on.
There are several options that the school offers.
  • Recent Alumnus
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The classe sizes are decent. There are about 30 people in each class. The teachers make sure to make the point that they have office hours and to go to tutors if needed. They tell you to email them if you have any problems at all.
There are several spots where you can work on campus. When you get accepted they have specific people already trying to help you get a job more focused on your major and they also try to get you internships.
  • Recent Alumnus
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
There are sociology clubs and family consumer science clubs. The college wants all students to be active in activities. The clubs are posted all over campus.
The Professors will work with students and they do not want their students to fail. They encourage students to get help if they need it.
I loved taking online classes. They are convenient and worked with my schedule. The professor was helpful and responsive with any issues and I got to work on my class at any time of the day.
Being a nursing major is great and I love the school.
The quality of classes are great and the professors are awesome.
Career prospects are readily available for students to explore options in their field.
  • College Sophomore
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
The classes are very flexible and I was able to keep my full time job and still go to school.
Post grad opportunities are great and there is a high percentage rate of previous students getting holding jobs in their field of study.
  • College Sophomore
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
I am a sophomore and so far I have loved my experiences at Lake Land. The classes are small and focus on students as individuals and the tuition is affordable.
I love the small classes. The teachers truly care about the students and want to help them succeed. The tuition is super affordable!!! Also the book rental helps save a fortune on books except some of the people working in the book store need to take a chill pill. I just wish I could get my Bachelor's Degree here!
The major I have chosen is great! The teachers are great at what they do and really take the time to explain and make sure you know what is going on. The workload is not bad at all, you have homework but it is usually easy and what you just covered in class.