COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are hosting a limited number of visitors on campus with our top priority being the health, safety, and well-being of our campus community and visitors. Visitors are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing throughout their visit as per guidance provided by the CDC and the State of Illinois. You can find the most up-to-date information for the College at lakeforest.edu/coronavirus. Learn More
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
Lake Forest College, located by Lake Michigan on Chicago’s North Shore, provides access to an outstanding education that gives students a big edge on jobs after graduation.
Our flexible curriculum supports double-majors and minors, and students are also offered unparalleled internships in Chicago, great lab research experience, championship athletics, and study-abroad opportunities. Our outcomes are hard to match: well above 90 percent of our graduates have jobs, were in graduate school, or pursued other chosen opportunities within six months of graduation.
Lake Forest College offers:
- superb faculty with PhD’s from the Ivy League, Northwestern, and the University of Chicago
- great career-building internships in and around Chicago
- “Foresters Helping Foresters:” a program in which 13,000 alumni help new graduates begin careers
- the nation’s best location: a beautiful campus just an hour from Chicago gives students the best of both worlds
Lake Forest College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.22 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.29 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.29 responses
Health Professions Program
This is a unique program among liberal arts colleges with the intention of preparing students for a variety of professions in the broad field of health care. The innovative program consists of a core of health-related courses and opportunities for exploration along with clearly-articulated joint-degree programs with nearby Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.40 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.40 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
Lake Forest College Reviews
You can take up to three for-credit internships here as well! The career advancement center is extremely helpful in assisting you with finding and setting up internships!
As for as the student body, I personally have found it overall to be super friendly and accepting! It is fairly close knit as small school.
The food used to be subpar but we recently got a new food provider and the quality has increased somewhat.
However, people that are looking for night life might be disappointed here. The town of Lake Forest is pretty quite. Also, it takes about an hour to get to downtown Chicago and usually becomes an all day event.