Since its founding in 1961, Laguna College of Art + Design (LCAD) has grown significantly to include ten undergraduate majors, three graduate degree programs, eight minors, and a Post-Baccalaureate program. LCAD’s campus also has grown to include seven sites throughout Laguna Canyon and Laguna Beach that accommodate its student population of more than 600 full-time students.
Our mission is to prepare individuals for careers as creative artists and designers in a culturally and ethnically diverse world through a curriculum that emphasizes acquiring skills based on observation, representation, and concept development, while embracing challenges of new, innovative technologies. The College is committed to offering its curriculum through accredited degree programs that imaginatively combine studio work with academic studies, and to sharing its resources with the broader community through continuing education and exhibition programs.
Laguna College of Art & Design Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.22 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.23 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.23 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.20 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.24 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses