High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.43 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.44 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.44 responses
Most Popular Majors
Political Science and Government58 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering46 Graduates
International Relations and National Security Studies34 Graduates
Chemical Engineering31 Graduates
Film and Video Studies22 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology22 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.45 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.54 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.23 responses
Lafayette College Reviews
The professors here are amazing and really care about the success of their students. Lafayette is challenging, and A's must be earned. Collaboration is encouraged by most teachers, particularly in the science and engineering fields. Students graduate with jobs from big-time companies and get into amazing graduate schools. However, one of my biggest complaints about the school is the social scene. It feels as though white men dominate the social scene and the decisions made by the school. The school needs to change the way they handle situations regarding sexual violence, because there have been times where wealthy white boys seemed to have gotten off easy. Also, the privacy of the survivor reporting needs to be better protected. People often find out about when people file a report about these types of things, and often times survivors receive backlash and then become targets for bullying/rumors.
Lafayette College is a small community with a small town atmosphere. The Easton community is involved with the students, and enjoys the students. Professors are hands-on and work closely with the students to help everyone succeed.
Lafayette has a beautiful campus, friendly atmosphere, and small class sizes. The courses are rigorous and the professors are tough but fair. My only complaint is that some of the residence halls are outdated and could use some renovation. Also very expensive, but they are pretty good about giving out scholarships to those who need them.