La Sierra University Reviews

La Sierra is a Seventh-Day Adventist private school. I have never been to any private school before and I am not Seventh-Day Adventist. The University campus is huge , though the population of students is small. I like a small populated school because professors are more available and there are more options for one on one.
I enjoy the professors in the Ancient Near Eastern department and the department itself. They are very approachable and willing to work with the students and to meet the needs of the students. The department secretary within the School of Divinity is very helpful and resourceful in letting the students know what is going on with class additions and changes for the quarter. She also lets the students know about events and activities within the department in a timely manner.
I liked that it was a college expierence and all but Feel like it’s not as social as other schools. The main campus is much more social than the corona Campus and some professors are to old school with there course work.
Start Your Review of La Sierra University
The staff is really friendly and everyone connects with you. Also the teachers help a lot the it comes to studies.
Although some of the professors were not top-notch, most of them were quality teachers who really cared about students academic performance and community involvement.
I was there for a weekend on choir tour, the college students were insanely welcoming and gave us so much enthusiasm on our stay. The door housing was welcoming and the dorms themselves were clean and roomy. The food was delicious and I loved the pizza and variety of choices to pick from. The campus itself is very beautiful and it made me very excited to join in the fall. I loved the pretty water fountain when you first drive into the campus. Their teachers seemed very much happy while we got a tour of the campus. The students waved and said hi and greeted us as we walked around campus. My experience was great and the weather was good I can't wait to go back.
Excellent university. Very caring professors. Great spiritual atmosphere. Small student to professor ratio.
La Sierra is a beautiful campus filled with boring people. Coming from the nearby high schools, most of the students are quite cliquey. It's hard to find a place, however, the film department is quite the oasis in a barren desert of vanity. So far, though, it's been worth it.
What I like about La Sierra is the diversity it has because I'm able to meet new people with different race, background, religion. Also, the opportunities they offer, for instance, if they know students are struggling with finance, they will find a way to give you scholarship grants. However, what they need to change is the system they have regarding school schedules. Because most classes tend to conflict with one another and unfortunately, student aren't able to take it and have to stay for another quarter, since it is a quarter system. Even though we, students would like to finish early, they're not able to. I know that some students want to leave the school and transfer, but most classes just tend to conflict which brings most students down. La Sierra needs to offer more class time schedules and hire more professors that way students are not stuck with the same instructor.
I'm going in as a freahman. Everyone is very open to answering questions, you just have to figure out what to ask. The music department has been very welcoming.
La Sierra is very invloved with the local church, and they truly do put an emphasis on spirituality. This is great for people like me that value various forms of christian lifestyles. Since the school is very diverse, it gives room for everyone to be who they are without fear of being judged. The students are from many cultures and backrounds. But perhaps the best part is the academics. The chemistry department has upgrated their technology in order to make it much easier to understand concepts that otherwise would have been more complicated.
La Sierra University has a beautiful campus and a great location. My experiences with La Sierra have all been amazing and I always feel welcomed.
Everyone on campus is super nice and very respectful. The staff were not rude and even the students were very kind enough to give directions if you looked lost. The campus is also a very safe and friendly environment that is accepting to anyone and everyone.
I have had an okay experience here at LSU. I would like to see the cafeteria hours extended and co ed dormitories.
La Sierra University is located in Riverside. The students and staff make the campus life and overall school environment pleasant. As an incoming freshman, people have made the process enjoyable. From frequent phone calls, to email reminders, this school provides the best people to know. The campus and beautiful and the education system is one of the best. The classes provided help lead a student to a successful future. The classes set help mold to your individual major. Not forgetting the councilors, they are the most helpful people on campus. They are always approachable and can guide students in a bright future.
La Sierra is a Seventh-Day Adventist University, and it fosters a wonderful Christian environment. As Christian myself, I appreciate this greatly. However, although it is a religiously-based University, the curriculum of the professors is also wonderful in that it doesn't throw religion in the faces of those who aren't religious. The professors still do amazing research with really no noticeable religious bias. I work as an archaeology lab assistant (as a I am an archaeology undergraduate student), and I have witnessed that the science programs at La Sierra are very extensive and reputable. Research for science as well as religion courses is conducted in a respectable way, exploring all worldviews and cultural contexts.
This is my first year at La Sierra University! I am a part of the the athletic program. I absolutely love La Sierra. The food isn't great but the students are exceptionally nice and the professors are extremely helpful. The two things I wish would change would be curfew and the no meat policy. Since this school is seventh-day Adventist there is no meat sold on campus. This sucks but you're still able to eat meat on campus, just not cooking meat and there will be no meat sold on campus. The other thing I oppose is the curfew. Depending your age determines how late you get to stay out and if you don't follow this your curfew will keep getting shorter and shorter. Besides this La Sierra is a very beautiful and welcoming University.
Start Your Review of La Sierra University
I couldn't imagine having a better experience in any other school. I am glad I picked this school since its small and easy to focus in class. Not only is it easy to focus but the professors are extremely well at teacher. Every professor is great at their job and it really shows that they care about their students.
La Sierra University is a very inviting, welcoming, and easy-going campus. The teachers are great, paying attention to the needs and desires of every student. The atmosphere is also beautiful, with views of both Mount San Jacinto and the San Bernardino Mountains. The campus is extremely diverse with people from all over the world. It is a great place to be yourself and express yourself without having to hide. It is also a very religious campus with a large emphasis and focus on God and a person's relationship with God. Overall, the school is pretty good, I would recommend it!
La Sierra University delivers according to their word, at least for the most part. It is very Christ-centered, which is obvious in the active role Student Life plays on campus. As an undergraduate student, the school is very helpful in teaching students how to create connections in the professional world. It also provides many opportunities to network with big-name companies. But it also seemingly lack resources for students who attend short-term, such as I. The process of schooling as a pre-professional health major was rushed and often uninformed. I had to rely on word of mouth and the experiences of my peers over the advice of the pre-health advisor. Overall, the experience was positive though.