Kirkwood Community College Reviews

I absolutely love Kirkwood. I have already graduated with one degree here. The staff is very personable.
The teachers are helpful and fun people. Students are nice. The classes aren't too hard but keep your interest.
I am currently enjoying my experience at Kirkwood. The professors are great at their job and are more than willing to help you out. If they can they will stay after class and help you with questions or if they can they have office hours available. The campus is easy to navigate and the students and faculty are more than willing to help you out. There is plenty to do around the area as well.
Start Your Review of Kirkwood Community College
Campus has a big potential and space to grow teacher and peers are very friendly and very helpful very positive environment.
Kirkwood is a large community college with a variety of opportunities for everyone. It has a diverse selection of 2 year programs that students would have trouble getting anywhere else. It is also a great school for students looking to transfer to a 4 year university in Iowa, as it has made deals with all the public universities in the state so they will accept all the transfer credits.
I not once felt like I was being left out because Kirkwood allowed me in with open arms. The professors and advisors are excellent people who offered me help at all times. I love Kirkwood and if I could complete my degree at Kirkwood I probably would never leave that place. I highly recommend it to newcomers. I promise you won't regret it!
Kirkwood is an excellent "bang for your buck" Community College and offers a wide variety of classes and many majors, it's a great way to pursue a two-year degree or a start to a four-year academically. However, it is difficult to get involved unless you are connected to band, sports, or theater. Even living in the apartments doesn't offer much connection. It's a great school to get in and get out of fast, but you will not find a "college experience" here.
Kirkwood is a great school. Education is good, teachers are very helpful. The housing is walking distance, great apartments to live in.
Overall I liked my experience here. I met many great students and teachers. A majority of the teachers are will to meet with students outside of class to help them. I found that this school gave me the assistance I needed in class. I am sad that this is only a two year school because they have amazing staff and facilities. The education is very affordable and they offer so many scholarships, that most students leave after two years with no college debt!
I was thoroughly surprised at the level of excellence I received attending a 2 year college. I learned more than expected and received many opportunities such as study abroad and out-of-classroom workshops and experiences, especially in the business department. I am constantly recommending Kirkwood.
Kirkwood is a relatively inexpensive Community College. Most of the instructors there are very good at teaching the lessons and are open to answering any questions that you might have, regarding the lecture or the assigned homework. The math instructors were also very capable at teaching the material and would go over numerous problems until they felt that the class was ready to move on. I also took their Computer Science Transfer Classes, and while they were difficult, the instructor went through all the concepts, showed us numerous program examples, and helped us whenever we had problems with our programs. Per the academic side of things, I feel that attending Kirkwood was well worth the price of admission.

However, the area around Kirkwood lacks any grocery store or mall. Having a car or a bus pass is essential if you need to do any shopping. The food on campus was nothing to write home about and is a bit pricey too. However, their pizza is very good.
Very nice atmosphere, lots of resources, and tons of fun things to do! They have a food pantry for when you are short on money and food, they also hand out free tampons and pads, and condoms. The tutoring center is so helpful and easy to get into. They also have a writing center that will help you whenever you need it even if you have writers block.
I really enjoy the atmosphere at Kirkwood! It feels like a small school, but it is actually really big and you can do a lot of activities! There are also a lot of new people to meet and the teachers are great!!
Kirkwood is an excellent school for anyone seeking a 2 year technical or medical degree. Its also a great school if you want to get started on credits before transferring to a larger university. This school has relatively small class sizes so teachers are able to assist with students more as opposed to at universities with 300+ class sizes. This school has a lot of awesome perks like the library, the recreation center, lots of study areas, and teachers that want to help students. There are a lot of clubs on campus so its very easy to get involved with other students which gives you the opportunity to go to conferences relating to your field. Overall I would tell anyone contemplating KCC to give it a shot. You won't regret it.
I love the environment of Kirkwood and the professors! The advisors are very helpful too and are very good with communication especially for those that are planning on transferring from here to a four-year college! I feel ready for the transition as well to go to the four-year, both academically and socially! I feel like home here and hope that more people come here and get to experience the greatness of Kirkwood!
Kirkwood Community College offered me an easy and affordable way to earn my two year degree and transfer on to a four year + college. The professors were amazing and the academics were fabulous. I feel confident about transferring onto a university with this experience.
Small class sizes made it easier to learn, and helped me focus and connect with my teachers more. I also like how beautiful the entire campus is and how homey it feels.
Start Your Review of Kirkwood Community College
My only thing is personal problems with a few professors, but other than that my experience with Kwood has been great so far.
Nursing program has a lot of work to do. Mainly with their professors, not all are bad but the majority really don't understand how hard some of these students works and sacrifice to attend nursing school. To fail a student over 1% is ridiculous, especially when many of those missed points were grammar on papers or things unrelated to how well they performed as a nurse. Many caring people have been failed out who would have made excellent nurses. Unless you have prior nursing experience it seems impossible to hit their 80% mark with the course work provided. Even then I've seen many LPNs struggle and fail out over less than 2%. I really hope someday they provide more of a supportive and encouraging environment for aspiring nurses. It's sad to see so many amazing women with huge hearts turn away from nursing over ridiculous standards. I understand molding competent nurses but failing so many over grammar, APA format errors, emergency situations and missing time etc. is crazy!!!
Kirkwood is a nice college to attend. I like the professors and the office staff are always willing to help. It’s just an overall friendly atmosphere.