Kirkwood Community College Reviews

Overall I liked my experience here. I met many great students and teachers. A majority of the teachers are will to meet with students outside of class to help them. I found that this school gave me the assistance I needed in class. I am sad that this is only a two year school because they have amazing staff and facilities. The education is very affordable and they offer so many scholarships, that most students leave after two years with no college debt!
I was thoroughly surprised at the level of excellence I received attending a 2 year college. I learned more than expected and received many opportunities such as study abroad and out-of-classroom workshops and experiences, especially in the business department. I am constantly recommending Kirkwood.
Kirkwood is a relatively inexpensive Community College. Most of the instructors there are very good at teaching the lessons and are open to answering any questions that you might have, regarding the lecture or the assigned homework. The math instructors were also very capable at teaching the material and would go over numerous problems until they felt that the class was ready to move on. I also took their Computer Science Transfer Classes, and while they were difficult, the instructor went through all the concepts, showed us numerous program examples, and helped us whenever we had problems with our programs. Per the academic side of things, I feel that attending Kirkwood was well worth the price of admission.

However, the area around Kirkwood lacks any grocery store or mall. Having a car or a bus pass is essential if you need to do any shopping. The food on campus was nothing to write home about and is a bit pricey too. However, their pizza is very good.
Start Your Review of Kirkwood Community College
Very nice atmosphere, lots of resources, and tons of fun things to do! They have a food pantry for when you are short on money and food, they also hand out free tampons and pads, and condoms. The tutoring center is so helpful and easy to get into. They also have a writing center that will help you whenever you need it even if you have writers block.
I really enjoy the atmosphere at Kirkwood! It feels like a small school, but it is actually really big and you can do a lot of activities! There are also a lot of new people to meet and the teachers are great!!
Kirkwood is an excellent school for anyone seeking a 2 year technical or medical degree. Its also a great school if you want to get started on credits before transferring to a larger university. This school has relatively small class sizes so teachers are able to assist with students more as opposed to at universities with 300+ class sizes. This school has a lot of awesome perks like the library, the recreation center, lots of study areas, and teachers that want to help students. There are a lot of clubs on campus so its very easy to get involved with other students which gives you the opportunity to go to conferences relating to your field. Overall I would tell anyone contemplating KCC to give it a shot. You won't regret it.
I love the environment of Kirkwood and the professors! The advisors are very helpful too and are very good with communication especially for those that are planning on transferring from here to a four-year college! I feel ready for the transition as well to go to the four-year, both academically and socially! I feel like home here and hope that more people come here and get to experience the greatness of Kirkwood!
Kirkwood Community College offered me an easy and affordable way to earn my two year degree and transfer on to a four year + college. The professors were amazing and the academics were fabulous. I feel confident about transferring onto a university with this experience.
Small class sizes made it easier to learn, and helped me focus and connect with my teachers more. I also like how beautiful the entire campus is and how homey it feels.
My only thing is personal problems with a few professors, but other than that my experience with Kwood has been great so far.
Nursing program has a lot of work to do. Mainly with their professors, not all are bad but the majority really don't understand how hard some of these students works and sacrifice to attend nursing school. To fail a student over 1% is ridiculous, especially when many of those missed points were grammar on papers or things unrelated to how well they performed as a nurse. Many caring people have been failed out who would have made excellent nurses. Unless you have prior nursing experience it seems impossible to hit their 80% mark with the course work provided. Even then I've seen many LPNs struggle and fail out over less than 2%. I really hope someday they provide more of a supportive and encouraging environment for aspiring nurses. It's sad to see so many amazing women with huge hearts turn away from nursing over ridiculous standards. I understand molding competent nurses but failing so many over grammar, APA format errors, emergency situations and missing time etc. is crazy!!!
Kirkwood is a nice college to attend. I like the professors and the office staff are always willing to help. It’s just an overall friendly atmosphere.
I love kirkwood, everyone is so help. It is very easy to learn becuse the sizes of the class and students. Its a veru diverse college. The professors are very helpfil and expline everything for you to understand, Grading scale is easy to understand.
Kirkwood is a great school for people who are transferring to a university or for vocational programs. The classrooms are small to have a great relationship with the professors and plenty of involvement through clubs or tutoring.
I am currently attending Kirkwood Community College. I enjoy the classes and the professors and have completed two successful years. Kirkwood has a great tutoring program. Kirkwood is a two-year comprehensive community college with the main campus located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa The campus includes a working farm, 27 buildings in addition to having has its own hotel. All buildings are very accessible and easy to get to your classes. Student parking is good also. I was pretty impressed by how large the campus was. It feels more like a university than a community college.The Kirkwood campus also have a variety of apartment buildings for student housing which is walking distance to the campus. The security is good for your safety.
Kirkwood is a great school full of very nice and genuine people! They have great professors and many tutoring options for those who are struggling! Everyone here wants you to succeed. As a bonus to the great education, the campus is also very well-kept and beautiful!
Kirkwood Regional Center @ Washington, IA is great! I have only been here for about a year, but from what I have seen the professors are nice, the environment is average, and the students here are well-educated.
Start Your Review of Kirkwood Community College
I really enjoyed my two years at Kirkwood Community College. Kirkwood Community College prepared me well for my four year institution.
It's my first year here, it hasn't been very long but so far I'm loving all of my teachersand classes!
Kirkwood is a great place for anyone looking to pay for college for less. The professors are excellent, interested in actually teaching the class, and are always willing to help you learn. Advisors are kind want to assist with practically everything in your life! The school is incredibly diverse when it comes to race and age and prides itself on that. Kirkwood collaborates with UoI often which means you get a lot of university things for community college price. The only downsides are that there are not a lot of clubs or student life, and that classes can be split between the CR and IC campus which, depending on your degree/class interests, can be annoying. Otherwise, this school is fantastic for anyone looking for a cheaper and shorter route through college.