Kettering University Reviews

Greek life is pretty fun, teachers really care about how well you learn material. The co-op program is a great way to offset the cost as well as get on the job experience.
I enjoyed the co-op opportunity and real-world experience obtained from working in the field during my schooling. Understand the responsibility of a full-time employee is very beneficial.
I have had great experiences with almost all of my classes and professors, and the best part is that I get to work a co-op job 6 months out of the year to gain experience and help pay for school. The biggest downside to Kettering is its location in Flint, Michigan where you need to be careful in order to stay safe.
Start Your Review of Kettering University
I like Kettering University because of the co-op program that the offer and its a private college as well, and therefore, a smaller campus and more one-on-one.
It’s a great place to get an excellent education and also gets you great hands on learning. It’s the best of both worlds.
The atmosphere is fantastic! A small amount of majors meaning great focus on those few majors. No teachers assistances just professors. Fantastic Co-op opportunity!
This is the most unique college cause of the curriculum it follows specially the co-op here is just amazing. small campus enables us to know each and every one of our batch mates. The profs r awesome and so is everything else.
If you're a technically-minded person who likes to get your hands dirty and wants to pursue a career Engineering, Kettering is definitely the place for you. The co-op program is unrivaled at other universities and the school does everything possible to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. The campus is on the smaller side compared to larger public universities, but I enjoyed having a smaller student body, as it allowed for lower student-to-professor ratios and an environment where you got the chance to know most of your classmates. Additionally, the school has done a lot in recent years to upgrade and modernize the campus and facilities. I'd recommend the school with absolutely zero reservation.
I love Kettering University because you feel like not just another student, but one that is recognized by name. All of the professors are passionate about what they teach- and it shows. They are kind, knowledgeable, and want you to succeed. I am known by name when I pass professors on campus, and you really feel looked after and motivated. I have learned so much from my classes, and I might even pursue my masters degree through Kettering.
Kettering University is challenging in some ways, however the lessons learned during college is well worth it. The faculty here are amazing to work with and the Co-op program is amazing!
A good school to get real world experience. You feel prepared for the industry you want to work in before you actually do it.
Kettering University is a great school. The co-op program is the main draw for the majority of students, and with good reason. You are able to go to school and work in the real world. The way our schedule works, you are in school for 3 months and then you work for 3 months, go to school 3, work 3. We get breaks for Summer and Winter just like everyone else but we are also getting work experience. We also go right into the classes you will need for your degree and skip over a lot of the gen ed classes. There is also a really good system set up for tutoring. The food is pretty good and you can use your meal exchange at the Einsteins across the street. There are a massive amount of clubs, but there some really cool ones. Like you can get certified for scuba diving. There are a lot of intramural sports but no official teams (it's a nerdy school, what do you expect). The dorms are nice and you have more space than you would expect, and campus safety is always on duty.
Everyone at Kettering wants to help you achieve your goals. The professors are always available to give extra help with any questions on the material. The small classes sizes allow you to ask more questions during class. Tutoring is offered everyday and studying is required in order to succeed.
great place to go to college worth every penny. It may seem like a huge undertaking to go into so much student loans but the experience you gain from the co-op puts kettering students so far ahead.
Overall, my first semester at Kettering University was very challenging academically, but I was exposed to many different opportunities such as Greek life, intramural sports, and other clubs.
Great school. Small classes taught by professors with years of industry experience. Outside of class, the co-op experience gives the the chance to apply what you are learning, and also supplement what you have learned by gaining the industry experience.
Kettering is located in Flint, MI. It is a pretty small University, but still offers a very great education. The dorms are maybe a little smaller than your average University, but with their CO-OP engineering program, you won't be in your dorms for that long.
Start Your Review of Kettering University
So far Kettering is great. I like the variety of clubs that are available. The students are wonderful and very knowledgeable. The dorms are small but I don't spend a lot of time in there except to sleep or study for test. Professors are very knowledgeable and there to help when needed. What a great University!
I am a transfer student to Kettering from a community college, and haven't found the classes to be that challenging. The challenging part is that they overload you with 16-20 credits in a 11 week semester, and that is what makes the experience more difficult than other schools. Personally, since I have always had to have a job while attending the community college, I was use to this stress so this hasn't been difficult. I have found that many of the professor are much more arrogant than my professors at the community college (even though all the professors I had at the community college were also PhD) making communication or asking for help much more difficult. Kettering has a chip on its shoulder for being the best of the best, but what really makes Kettering a good school is their co-op experience. The co-op experience is great at Kettering and the students are usually paid very well, typically above $14 dollars an hour.
Kettering is not the number one party college in America. Nor is it a household name. But it is a well known name in the industry. Kettering students are known to have standards, values, and experience that cannot be found elsewhere. The reason for this is Kettering's co-op program, which is an unbeatable opportunity. The Kettering campus currently is aging, but new building are being built. The food service is not super, do to an awful contract with the company suduxco. The school does not really have any sports teams per say, but does offer intermerial sports which can be fun.