Kettering University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.35 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.34 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.34 responses
Most Popular Majors
Mechanical Engineering159 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering48 Graduates
Computer Engineering31 Graduates
Computer Science26 Graduates
Industrial Engineering22 Graduates
Chemical Engineering19 Graduates
Business Administration and Management13 Graduates
Computational and Applied Mathematics7 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology5 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.46 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.49 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.19 responses
Kettering University Reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed the co-op program. It is great to be able to work full time while earning your degree, without work and school overlapping. I wish that tuition was lower, but the co-op program attempts to offset the high cost. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get a straight answer from financial aid or student accounts regarding your awards and payments. The university spends a lot of time, money, and energy on recruiting potential students; however, for currently enrolled students it is difficult to get support from the university in a number of things regarding student life (starting a new club/organization, hosting an event, etc.).
If you're a technically-minded person who likes to get your hands dirty and wants to pursue a career Engineering, Kettering is definitely the place for you. The co-op program is unrivaled at other universities and the school does everything possible to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. The campus is on the smaller side compared to larger public universities, but I enjoyed having a smaller student body, as it allowed for lower student-to-professor ratios and an environment where you got the chance to know most of your classmates. Additionally, the school has done a lot in recent years to upgrade and modernize the campus and facilities. I'd recommend the school with absolutely zero reservation.
Curriculum isn't as difficult as expected - just compacted. Professors are average, but you can get close with them as the school is small, which creates a good sense of community. The closeness allows for a level of safety that Flint in itself make not make you feel, but it is a great city with a lot to offer when you're done studying. Kettering's food isn't exceptional, but there are a lot of good places to eat close to campus. Greek life is a massive part of campus life, but not anything like the stereotypical Greek life. Definitely would recommend as it increases involvement and social life. Greek life is the focal point of the party scene, which is much more exciting than anyone would expect. Overall, a great school with a lot of opportunities both before and after graduation.