Kenyon College Reviews

Truly an exceptional college in multiple ways. The school distincts itself by its high quality professors with a lot of time outside of class to help, great campus atmosphere and a close-knit community. Many of the classes have considerably high standards with no grade inflation and an in-depth look into various academic areas. Additionally, the athletic facilities are not matched across the country, really great facilities.
‪Kenyon is incredible. It's unlike any other college. I went into Kenyon skeptical. It's tiny and in the middle of nowhere. What could there be to do? I was worried that the party scene would be lame and that I wouldn't find other people like me on such a small campus. I was so wrong. Everyone has a place at Kenyon. I found an amazing group of friends and I get to be my authentic self on this campus. I can be a total nerd in Olin (that's our library) throughout the week and have lots of fun with my best friends on the weekend. I feel like at any other school I'd have to pick a role like party girl or nerdy girl or art girl, but at Kenyon you can be everything you are and people will think it's totally cool that you're all those things. I know "lax bro's" who love art. I know fraternity brothers who geek out for history. Everyone is three-dimensional at Kenyon. We don't fit in the boxes we'd be placed in at other schools. Come to the 'Bier (that's Gambier) and check it out! ‬
Like most schools, it is how you make it. Best experience of my life, as an athlete joining in made things 20 x easier. The best years of my life.
Review Kenyon College
Excellent place to learn and find your self. I would definitely reccomend it to anyone open to a small school experience.
I am a proud student of this outstanding institution. The school features dedicated professors combined with tremendous intellect from the student body.
Kenyon's best and worst quality is that it's a small and isolated ecosystem, which allowed me to seek quiet, reflect inwardly, and learn about myself. Of course, it's also a place with its own brand of comfortable homogeneity, where change is frustratingly slow. I had unforgettable conversations about how to improve the world with students and faculty, but action was often less forthcoming. Because of that I now know it's a place I need to move on from, but I'm thankful for the significant amount I learned at Kenyon and the tight community it made me a part of.
I really enjoy being at Kenyon. I love its environment. The school doesn't feel closed off to me. There are a lot of things to do with only a 15 minute drive away. It's not separated from things. It's a college campus but just not within a city. I like how people are quirky but also don't fit that as a label. The students are people. It's that simple sometimes.
Kenyon College is a great place to learn and grow. Due to the small size of the school, it truly is a tight knit community. People are connected to each other in many intricate and unexpected ways, which gives Kenyon students a sense of commonality, despite the wide variety of interests and views that the students of this school hold. From the beginning, classes are small and personal. Professors will get to know you and they will help you in any way that they can in an academic environment that is both challenging and fulfilling. Ultimately, I am very happy with my choice of Kenyon college.
I really hate this school. Not worth the work to go here. The girls suck and the boys are aggressive. Nothing within 3 hours of the place. No parties. No girls. No fun.
I love the small classes and access to the professors. The KAC (Kenyon Athletic Center) is amazing. The freshman dorms are pretty average, but housing options are much better for upper classes.
girls have a weird liberal vibe, definitely not as good looking as the grade they have rn. boys are crunch as well but from what ive seen the boys are all around better looking
I was looking at a wide variety of schools when applying to college (OSU, Miami(OH), University of Dayton) and Kenyon (surprisingly) gave me the most financial aid out of any of the schools. I would have cost me twice as much to go to Ohio State. I didn't have a stellar GPA or ACT but I was recruited to play a sport which definitely helped me get in. The campus is amazing but secluded. It's about a 10 minute drive to town where all the chain restaurants are chipotle, mcdonalds, wendys etc... The only down side to the campus is walking 3/4 a mile to your car where all freshman have to park but if you don't have a car it's not an issue. In terms of parties something is going on every weekend usually, especially during the first weeks of school. Academics are definitely hard but manageable, the only thing that I didn't like is the requirements you have to have before you graduate but as a freshman I don't really have to worry about that yet.
I have really enjoyed my experience here. The people are top notch. There's something for everybody, even though the school is so small. Some narrow-minded academic departments, mediocre food, and problematic administrators have limited my experience, but it's been really very good so far.
Not safe for women students on campus in my opinion. Current administration contributes to rape culture. One of the latest cases of the administration failing to protect victims is detailed on Wordpress with the comments showing a long history of rape on campus and examples of the broader community victimizing victims. Google Michael Hayes Wordpress.Also unless you drink or smoke, campus life is isolating.
All-campus parties can be a lot of fun if you're in the mood. Apartment parties are more my style, and there's a bit more freedom with those anyway. Girls especially need to be defensive on nights out. Turn out the lights in Old K and some dudes think they can get away with anything.
You are entirely reliant on frats and sports teams for all-campus parties. Older students will usually throw smaller parties/pregames in their apartments. Most people don't dress up to go out. It's nice to have everything on campus, but after coming back from a study abroad program where I was going to legitimate nightclubs, it leaves a lot to be desired.
Professors at Kenyon are amazing and worth getting to know. Most will genuinely care about your success and wellbeing, though they will make you work hard. It's usually not too hard to get into classes you want, unless you want to get involved with the Creative Writing program--entry to those classes are based entirely on favoritism. The workload is intense, and how much you can get away with not doing the reading will vary by professor.
Review Kenyon College
Kenyon, unfortunately, is pretty homogenous in certain areas. The student body is gradually becoming more diverse, but very slowly. Overall, most students are white, upper middle class, and from the East or West coast (not a huge amount of Midwesterners.) Some students can be kind of snobby towards locals. The campus is mostly liberal, with pockets of trust-fund Republicans who mostly seem to emerge during discussions about diversity, so take that for what you will. In terms of sexual orientation, no one will care. Many students identify as something other than straight. There are lots of diversity-related groups on campus, which provide nice support systems for minority students.
Though very few will admit it, most students arrive at Kenyon with very little partying experience. This does lead to some mishaps when it comes to alcohol, but Safety is always there to help if something actually does go wrong. Everyone gets served at all-campus parties whether they're under 21 or not. There is a bit of a divide between Kenyon students who party and those who don't (the latter are often labeled as "Indoor Kids"), but you won't see a lot of crazy binge-drinking stuff like keg stands or beer funnels.
The academics alone make it worth it. Kenyon has some of the best professors in the country, and I can count the bad classes I've taken here on one hand. You have no "gen ed" requirements, but you do need to take a certain number of classes in each discipline (Natural Science, Social Science, Humanities, and Fine Arts). This is a lot easier to do than it sounds. Students of all majors/concentrations/interests hang out with each other, and for the most part, students aren't super competitive when it comes to academics. Everyone just wants to do their best rather than be THE best.