Kent State University Reviews

4,036 reviews
Kent State is an excellent institution that is inclusive for every student, regardless of his or her background. It is supportive of every student and dedicated to helping students succeed at achieving their dreams.
I enjoy the atmosphere of the campus, it feels like a family but I would change the food choices that we have in the cafeteria.
Kent State University has plenty to offer ranging from academic life to social life. Class size range from small to large and students have lots of flexibility when deciding courses. Kent State also offers many organizations including fraternities/sororities, professional fraternities, academic/sport clubs. The rec center is fantastic and the on campus food has lots of diversity.
Review Kent State University
Kent is an amazing school. I haven't had the privilege to attend but my visits there have been amazing. I will be attending after I finish my two year college.
THEY ARE REALLY BAD IN PREPARING YOU FOR MAJOR COURSES. I HAD A TEACHER WHO COULD NOT DRAW TEARCH A DRAWING CLASS.
Being a minority at Kent State University is very intimidating but also very enriching. There is so much help around campus for you and there are plenty of places for EVERYONE to fit in.
The overall experience at Kent State was impressive. The campus was very big and beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing the black squirrel as they are unique to the area. The staff at the student center was very informative and eager to provide assistance and direction. The dorms were spacious and a lot of options to choose from. Now I see why transportation is needed as it will be a long walk from one end of campus to the other. Lastly Kent has a variety of majors to choose from and that is great should I decide to explore another major.
Kent State University is an amazing school and I would highly recommend it to any student who asks me about. I am studying fashion their which Kent is know for the program exceeds my expectations.
I like Kent state university because even though it is not an Ivy league school it is still one of the top schools for research, athletics, and in my opinion financial stability. What I wouldn't change is how hard the faculty push there students to be the best that they can be.
The professors here genuinely seem to care about their students no matter the class size. The university tries to foster a sense of community and individuality into each student and I think they do this well. There's always someone willing to help you out academically and personally. If someone can't help you then they'll connect you with someone who can.
I love the opportunities to learn from, not only experts in their fields, but people who actually are or have been in the field.
I had journalism instructors who worked at the Akron Beacon Journal, one was a reporter, one an editor. Another was the film and TV critic for the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Another had been an anchor man from Montana for 25 years. One of the marketing instructors worked at Motown Records under Berry Gordy.
I thought Kent State had an excellent teaching staff. Professors were really invested in you. However, administration staff ( financial aid, scheduling services, admissions etc) were terrible. It was hard to get a hold of the right people and no one seemed to have the same answer. I had to figure a lot of the technical stuff out for myself.
I went to the Kent state campus and the instructor were very pleasant. I was given instructions easily and friendly.
I admire that there are many opportunities for help with classes, such as tutoring and supplemental instruction.
The environment at this campus is very nice, and other students support others so that we all can reach toward the goal of graduation. While I am very happy to be attend this lovely campus the tuition makes it very hard for me to get this quality education, faculty, students, teachers for the next 4 years.
I was a transfer student at Kent and I fell in love with Kent the first day I was there. It has a beautiful campus and everyone was so helpful and kind.The classes were great. The professors were not rude and were easy to get along with and the advisors will work there butts off for you when needed.
I love the location and environment of the Kent campus. The teachers care about their jobs and their students which means I am getting a quality education. There seems to be some drama within certain departments, like the education dept. I had a negative first semester in the ECED program, but by my second semester, everything was settled and I am having a great time.
Review Kent State University
Just finished my first year at Kent State, and I absolutely loved it! The campus is the perfect size, not too small but also not too big. I met some of the most amazing people and had some of the best experiences. The classes I took were very interesting and I can honestly say I cannot wait to get back on campus!
I like how easy it is to walk to classes but one thing I would change is the bus system. Many times I have had to wait 20 minutes for a bus to arrive
Kent State has a lovely campus and is fairly easy to get around. It has great activities, concerts, and speakers very frequently and is very close to down town, so there is always something to do.