Kent State University Reviews

4,193 reviews
Kent State University is amazing. I attended community college right out of high school and took a visit to the campus and fell in love. The students are great, the professors are great, overall the school is great.
The thing I like the most about Kent State University is the academics and the professors. I like how I can choose what classes I want to take each semester. It helps me stay interested in my education. I have also had many professors that genuinely care about my education and how I learn.
What I love about Kent State university is the variety of diverse cultures as students come from different walks of life and end up forming friendship with others through out their college journey and beyond
Start Your Review of Kent State University
The campus is easy to navigate although some of my classes are a good walk but there is a campus bus service if I don't want to walk. My dorm room and roommate are cool. There is lots of food choices and the food is pretty good. I have used both fitness centers , one of which is close by the laundry facility which is included in the tuition so I don't have to worry about having change. I met some new people and have run into some from my high school. I am currently thinking about joining a couple of clubs. There are several to choose from.This week I will be meeting the rest of my instructors and ordering more books. So far the book prices are pretty reasonable. Most of the books I've bought are used. I am still navigating my way around. Overall, I would have to say that things are going pretty good.
I really loved attending Kent State University! I made some the most amazing friends there through an extra curricular group. And, I learned so much both in the classroom and outside of it. The environment is exciting and stimulating, but safe and a beautiful campus all at once. I had some of the most phenomenal professors, but also a couple of pretty terrible professors. Kent has a very progressive, diverse, and exciting culture!
As a current student at Kent State I can say I have overall had an excellent experience. The university is clean, safe, and offers cutting edge technology and amenities that enhance learning and student life immensely. The staff is attentive and concerned and are always willing to give of their time and resources to ensure you succeed. The town is also beautiful and the updates make it a fun place to connect with friends and family.
Its a beautiful school full of professors that take the time to care about your education and will help you through any confusion if you come to them for help. the college is experenience is in the dorm rooms where I met most of my friends.
Kent is a great environment. There are many friendly and helping people. There are many fields of study so you’re more than likely to find something you like.
The diversity at Kent State is amazing! Not only that but its proximity. It is just a 20 minute car ride to Akron which has so much to offer as a city with world renowned museums and the culture is incredible. Downtown Kent is also a blast. It isn't overwhelming but the art culture is amazing and the restaurants are even better -- People know you here!
Kent is a beautiful campus, with tons to do in the downtown area and a lot of groups to join in your free time! Kent also has a great party scene between dorms and on campus apartments there is always a place to be! All and all student life is awesome and I would highly recommend Kent State!
Kent State is my dream college. With copious amounts of resources for undergraduates, graduates, and alumni from any background, KSU goes above and beyond to accommodate the needs of everyone on campus and foster opportunities for positive growth in their students.
Love the environment and the involvement of students/professors/faculty. The campus is beautiful and there is always stuff to do and people to meet.
Everything about the college is amazing one of best experiences yet. There is lots to do, downtown is amazing! Everyone there is amazing and resources are great .
My experience at Kent State University has been a great one. I have only been there for a semester now and I feel so at home there. I feel as though this school is going to get me right where I need to be. That's been a screenwriter and this school so far has help me with that. I also get the chance to meet people who has the passion as me. That's something that I didn't get at my old college. When you find someone who has the same passion as you those people push you even more. That's all I could ask for in a college this is why it feel like an home to me. I also love the fact there so many nice people there. For example, my floor RA's was always so nice. Always asking if I needed anything just ask them. Which is great because it makes you feel like you got someone backing you up within your education.
I love the campus,my fellow students,and the professors have been very helpful in my major thus far.
don't let the beautiful campus fool you.

the organizational system here is absolutely awful. when I had questions about my classes, dorms, or other administrative issues, nobody knew how to deal with them. I had to spend a lot a lot of time, going to different departments and people. each department/person would give me a different answer. i felt lost.

also there is a lack of flexibility and compassion for the students. some departments and professor used their high social status to cover something they screwed up and blamed it on me. now I had to pay for this error for a very long time. one of the professor even tried to use irrelevant information against me and made illogical attacks so she can shut me up. how unethical! kent state totally screwed me over and I will never forget and forgive the people who used their power to oppress me.
I love this school! Always wanted to attend Kent State University. I've made more friends than I could imagine at Kent. I attend all their amazing events. The professors and staff are more than helpful when needed.
Start Your Review of Kent State University
I love Kent State because it is a very nice facility with a great community and professors. They have a lot of resources such as free tutoring, 24 hour library and on campus support to really help you be successful. The community is very diverse and friendly and they encourage campus activity. There are many pathways and walkways that make the campus very accessible and easy to navigate. Unfortunately I felt there wasn’t enough parking and I suffer from lupus which makes me photosensitive so I really had to come prepared to be outside. Also prices on tuition, food and textbooks are marked up which is expected, but not necessary. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience and I am looking to return for a Masters in Biostatistics.
I love Kent State! The school is fantastic and I have made tons of life long friends there and I have found myself more interested in academics more than I was in high school. I feel I am finally closer to my dreams and Kent State has made that possible. The campus is beautiful, the area wonderful- I could say it definitely feels like a dream to a girl fresh out of the middle of nowhere!
I love Kent State. I do think they could drop the high prices of their Starbucks drinks, but other than that this school rocks.