Kent State University is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.284 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.284 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.283 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management294 Graduates
Fashion and Apparel Merchandising227 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies224 Graduates
Public Health174 Graduates
Human Development172 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 178 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.342 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.389 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.189 responses
Kent State University Reviews
Review Kent State University
I have not yet had just a "bad" professor. They all seem super knowledgable with great credentials and history in the subject they are teaching on; even for GenEds. I took a Media/Journalism entry level class and the professor had worked for a newspaper and a recording company for years! He worked with Madonna, Michael Jackson, and some big name actors too. I am also a dance minor and one of my modern teachers who teaches the May O'Donnel technique which is a super old technique actually learned it from May herself. Every class is covered by someone who was and still may be very active in the field. They are full of connections and just good advice.
I love going to Kent state, I am duel majoring with three minors and my advisers have worked out a plan to have me still graduating on time! The dorms are large and very clean, the food is pretty amazing, and the classes are lots of fun. The only thing that bothers me is that our meal plans do not work in the hub (the main dinning establishment) between 11am-2pm so that commuters can get in for lunch without a huge crowd.
I have had a wonderful experience at Kent State and would recommend it to many students! It is the prefect balance between large state college experience but it has never seemed overwhelming to me. Downtown Kent is a great place to hang out, grab food, or hit up the bars as well. There is plenty of things to do there and I really enjoy being close to Akron, Cleveland and Pittsburgh.