Kent State University - Tuscarawas Reviews

I really liked how there was always a fundraiser going on that one of the clubs had set up. There would be things like pancake breakfasts and homemade Christmas cookies. There are definitely a lot of clubs compared to other Kent State branches, in my opinion. The Tuscarawas branch is the only Kent State branch left that has a gym other than the main campus. Also, they are constantly trying to introduce a new activity or replace one. For example, a sport. After I left there, they started a soccer team. Something I would like to see them change or fix is their wifi network; it seemed like there was always issues with it. Another thing I would like to see them change or fix is their parking area. Either make it bigger or rearrange it.
Schedule was very flexible, and it helped me a lot.
Online courses are not my favorite, but they work well for some of my class mates.
Start Your Review of Kent State University - Tuscarawas
There are good opportunities, which I will definitely be looking for.
Professors seem to enjoy what they are doing, and have a passion for teaching.
There are many job opportunities in campus, and instructors will help students with interships if they ask so.
Great professors, with a lot of experience in the field!
My experience was great because it is a small University and everyone is helpful.
I have not had any major trouble with this at my school. The only thing that has been a pain was the fact that two of my course times changed after the course started. This meant a late start and scheduling conflicts. All of my credits transferred with ease. Due to the small size of the campus there are not many evening courses and no weekend courses.
I have not taken any online courses. From what I've heard they are relatively easy.
I have not done a lot of extensive research on the post-grad services at this school but some of the graduate students I have talked to say they are very good.
I have only been apart of Kent Tusc for a year now so I don't really feel qualified to answer this question. There are multiple resources on my Kent State account to help with careers, there have been several job fairs, and professors will send out career opportunities from time to time to students in their programs.
Courses vary from professor to professor. I have had an Organic Chemistry class that was a breeze and I didn't have to study at all to get an A. I also had an introductory Biology course that I had to really work at in order to get an A. They were both very good courses though. I have not taken any online courses, only classes on campus. For the majority they are relatively small classes, lots of one on one time with the professors, and not a ton of work. I have also found that at this campus of Kent State there are not a large variety of courses. Mostly the basic gen eds and a few specific programs.
I am a part of the vet tech program at Kent Tusc. I will be going into my second year of a two year program. This program has a lot of hands on experience with animals and we are learning things that will be essential in the clinic. This program has a lot of bookwork associated with it as well. A lot of memorization of drugs, techniques, diseases, etc. Overall I really enjoy the program.
I really enjoy Kent Tusc as a college. The small size makes for small classes and lots of one on one time with the professor. All of the professors that I've had so far have been really easy to work with and understanding. They really want you to learn the material. There are lots of clubs available to the students and the honors program is great. As an honors student I have access to more scholarships and extra learning experiences. Technically it is more work, but its a different kind of work that is very enjoyable. I love my honors assignments.
I haven't had to take an online class but I've heard they are great and very lenient
Very flexible. But of course classes are limited so they may not be exactly what you are looking for but are better than nothing
Start Your Review of Kent State University - Tuscarawas
The alumni are still part of the school in many ways. It's a small school so once you are able to graduate you tend to bale attached to the charm
Easy to get with counselors to help decide what classes are the best for you. Courses are easy to add and drop. Everything is fitted for how you'd like it.
There are plenty of opportunities to get internships around the school. Professors often recommend where to go and how they glean get a job and or internship. There is also a separate building for students who are looking to start their own business and the school gives them free office space to do that.