Kent State University - Salem Reviews

I recently transferred to the Salem campus and am loving my experience! The staff and other students are so welcoming and friendly. The small class sizes allow me to interact with my professors to make sure I fully understand all material. I also like the new additions, such as the food court and learning column!
I have attended two other universities and two other colleges in different states previously so compared to those, Kent State's regional campus in Salem OH is relatively mediocre. I have yet to be impressed by a professor and I am currently taking pre-reqs for my major so my classes have been rather dull. Some perks of going to a small campus are FREE parking and a very chill ambience, never too crowded so perfect for getting hw done! Also, considering it's an older campus it's very well maintained. Moreover, they have invested their time in supporting students' mental health and safety via an abundance of flyers for support services and consistent security--much appreciated!
I love the professors at Kent State Salem. They are easy to talk to, open office hours and always willing to help you. This campus is on the smaller side, making it not overwhelming.
Start Your Review of Kent State University - Salem
I visited Kent State University - Salem and I fell in love. It had such a nice building and it is a good distance away without being too far. It offers the major that I wish to do, which is Early Childhood Education. Im very excited to possibly attend this university in the fall. There is no downfalls that I have noticed since my interest in this college began.
Kent Salem is a very small school. They need to make outlets more available to charge student's laptops with, they are very hard to find and usually taken. More quiet areas should be available since you're pretty much limited to the library (only quiet area) or the main lounge/lobby, which is always full of loud people screaming to their friends. It's hard to get any work done since it's usually loud.
I love that Kent Salem is a small campus so it is a personable experience. I also appreciate that they offer a variety of useful resources for students. Also, the professors and staff are always available, friendly, and helpful.
Talked to them on the phone very friendly. I have made a appointment with them to tour the campus. Looking fprward to start there in a year for childhood education.
I like KSU Salem a lot. Classes are small and professors are very accessible to students. Most classes I took, the professors really seemed to care about students and were knowledgeable about the subjects they were teaching. My main complaint is that they lack certain classes I would like to take, so I have to switch to another branch of KSU. Overall though, I had a great experiemce at this campus.
I liked the student to teacher ratio. It was a small campus so all of the classes were easy to find. What I would change is putting a cafeteria for students to eat lunch or dinner on the campus. Beings as though this campus is in Salem there isn't much around for a student to grab between classes. There were no lockers as well as no place to put a packed lunch.
I am currently a sophomore at Kent State and I absolutely love it. I was very nervous to go to college, but not anymore. All the teachers are very nice and welcoming.
Great school with great professors (with a few exceptions like everywhere) that care. Those low quality professors seem too be weeded out. They all seem willing too help if asked.
I have only taken online classes but the software is easy to use and there are very few errors. High schoolers are able to take classes there which is great.
This campus provides great one on one relationships between the student and the professor. Classes are small enough that the student is more than just a number and the professor actually knows your name.
Kent salem is a great regional campus. We have active security patrolling every day. Multiple large parking lots. Its always very clean, and the professors are the nicest I have ever seen.
Online classes don't always give good interaction between students, but it is convenient.
Online classes allow for flexibility.
I plan on working in the family business and this degree will allow me the opportunity to fit in with other.
Start Your Review of Kent State University - Salem
The professors have been great. I have not had any trouble learning from them.
I have learned a few new things or have relearned thing I have already known and forgot.
I enjoy the option of learning in an online classroom. It allows me the flexibility I need.