Kellogg Community College Reviews

Kellog Community is always clean and staff are relatively friendly. Great communication between staff and students. There is always new programs to enroll in also! Lots of progress within this community college.
The faculty and staff are really easy to work with! The campus is beautiful and full of fun activities. The events that go on are very family friendly and easy to be apart of. The teachers really do know what they are doing when it comes to the need of their students.
Very resourceful and lots of opportunities for guidance and tutoring. I would like to see cost decrease for non residential students. I live in a county that there is a building of KCC's for classes being held at however I pay 1.5 times more than my co classmates.
Review Your College
I really like Kellogg Community College. The instructors are very helpful and always available to answer questions. I have never taken a class at Kellogg that I did not like. Since it is a small school, it is easy to meet new people and make friends.
I love this college as a whole. With me having to transfer I thought it would be a pain making sure my credits were in line, but everyone is always really nice and helpful. I'm never scared to ask questions, because I know they're either going to help me right away or figure the answer out, so they can help. The only downside is I wish there were more dorming/housing opportunities because the hour and ten minute drive gets old.
Overall, a very positive experience. They offer good scholarships to students. Professors are very helpful. The admissions office is helpful with transfer requests and questions. Very satisfied with my education so far.
Transferred from larger school with no issues
Hybrid course, was difficult to compare with class
Prepares you for career, and gives tools
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Most professors want to see students succeed
School prepares for future careers
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Aggressive courses, but well worth it
There are a few instructors don't preform well
KCC understands their students are not all there on the same mission. Good availability for many types of lives, though I wouldn't say all of the classes are of the same value.
Only took one online course so far and it was totally un-engaging and hideous to navigate. I think the class I took (Mandarin chinese) was not part of their typical classes offered but was there in attachment to the school's credit system.
For what they can do in smallplace Battle Creek, it's not bad.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
Personally I have only been in a handful of classes thus far at KCC, entering my first full semester this fall. Classes I've taken vary, many not extremely interesting but nothing unbearable. Have not experienced awful professors yet.
Review Your College
The school itself does not offer a ton of job opportunities, however they are great at connecting you with transferring to other colleges which is what many people are here for. There are ways to network at KCC though if you are looking, just be on top of school activities and be in good favor of professors.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
It is not anything out of the ball park; many students here are only here for cheaper credits before transferring (like myself) or for a simple certificate or associates their job is asking for. It is not a place of extreme academics. Pretty easy to pass for motivated students - but if you happen to struggle with a course KCC does not have great tutoring or academic help options.
I've taken courses through a high school plan with KCC and also coordinated my freshman enrollment smoothly from out of the country. You must be on top of things and understand your situation and what YOU need from KCC. They will not coddle students along but if you take initiative and are keen on opportunities and questions, things move well at KCC. Communication is not lacking from your advisers nor teachers.