Kean University Reviews

1,265 reviews
The experience was good i got to meet a lot of people from the school being so open and having a such diverse community. The sports teams are okay coming from the fact that i like the basketball team. They have a nice cafeteria showcasing a variety of foods. Every day u see a new face walking around and going to class. The dorm life is exciting in which u have your roommate and get the experience living by yourself. The academics are okay, being so that i want to become a math teacher teaching from the grades k-8.
I enjoy this school and the atmosphere. The environment and people make this school a fun place to be at.
It's what you make of it. I wish they had better options with classes. It can be frustrating when the majority of the classes you want to take are on the same day and same time. Or if you have to wait until Spring semester to take a specific class.
Start Your Review of Kean University
the people are very friendly. The campus is so big and the food is good. I find the dorms arent that big but aside from that, its good
Academics are strong. Campus is nice a few buildings are outdated. Parking is horrible. Spots are too small and cars are constantly getting scratched and nicked.
I just started Kean this semester since I was a transfer student from Union County College and so far I like it. The professors are nice and they help you out with any assignments. Students are nice and want to get people involved in clubs, the class sizes are also small which I like. One thing they could fix is parking, there's not enough and they need to adjust their parking spaces which are too narrow.
I feel like this school is very good depending on your major. They have very good academics and a good way of keeping the students involved. They also have a great variation of clubs that you could join.
Kean University has offered me an education opportunity that has had an impact to me. My teachers that I've had for my major classes have been very helpful and cared about making sure I understood what I was learning in class. However, my elective professors aren't always guaranteed to be the same way. Kean University has all the basic essentials of food, housing and community. However, I feel that the University should have more food options and more areas to be able to see and walk around. My favorite part about Kean University has to be the diversity because there are many various people of different background that come together to get their education. I can genuinely say I have meant some of my best friends here. I'm so grateful for that.
Kean University is a great School. So I have been there since December and I think I like it there. But I think some changes need to be made. I hate the cafeteria I just hate the food there. But I love the Cougar's Den. They're food is very good. I feel like they don't have healthy food most of what we're given there is just junk. My classes our awesome because I have great professors thanks to rate my Professor.
Kean University is a beautiful, diverse campus and I have had some amazing professors. However, while professors are very helpful, people in student accounting, admissions and at the registrar’s office have been frustrating and unwilling to help. Also, the lack of student parking on the main campus is really disappointing.
I absolutely love the campus, faculty/staff, and students that I interacted with on my open house visit and student for a day visit.
I love Kean for everything it stands for. I may only be a freshman but it truly does give a world class education and all of my professors are very helpful and want to see me succeed. It really is the best fit for me because I chose to view adcademics before anything else and Kean has the best I’ve seen so far.
Kean University is a very diverse school and a great way to network and meet new people. My first year attending as a freshman was welcoming, different and taught me many lessons. Their are various ways to get involved on campus such as student groups, clubs and athletics. The more you are involved the more you will be able to gain and enjoy your college experience.
I like this school. This school is one of the most ranked schools on my list. I like this school because when i was younger i went on a college tour and it was the best time on my life. the moment I left the campus I told my teachers that this is my future school. this is my dream school. the Academics are excellent and the sports even though they'er a Division 3 school i think it the right level for me to play my sports. even if my dream of majoring in the science field doesn't work my back up plan to become a teacher is also possible with this school. Like I said Kean university is my dream school and this is the school I would like to attend
I loved the campus and the dorms as well as the Student Center. There were brand new freshman dorms built, their athletics are great and the campus is very clean.
So I have been in Kean for a few months now. I'm a transfer student from Middlesex County College.I'm really loving it here. Our dorms are pretty comfortable. So far, the professors I have are amazing. I'm majoring in Mental Psychology and I really like the way the program has been put together over here. I really don't have much to say about the food here. It's all junk food. I've had my share of 'fries and burgers'. Honestly the only real food you can possibly find here is pasta. But overall I'm having the time of my life over here. I have very nice and well-mannered suit mates too. Kean also has quite interesting sororities fraternities and clubs. These groups organize a lot of awesome programs, which provide useful information to the students. Also the police and securities are always around.I try to make every minute worth it over here because University is once in a life thing so you've got to make every minute count.
I call this place the university of second chances. There were many schools I attended where I never finished but this place has a great support system. There's a network I'm still a part of and I had even won 3 scholarships while there.
Start Your Review of Kean University
I love the diversity and inclusiveness of Kean University. The professors at Kean actually care if you pass or fail and they work with you to make sure that you are the best student you can possibly be. If you want to really learn this is the school for you. Not only is the work challenging, but most professors also teach it in a way that you actually retain the information. The only downside I would say is that while the campus is very beautiful they always have some type of construction going on whether it be adding a new restaurant, building a new residence hall, or building a new academic building. Also administrative departments move around a lot on campus one semester they're in one building and the next they are on the other side of campus.
Kean is a relatively small commuter school that prioritizes education and diversity. What I love most about this campus is that there is so much scenery. From the flower trailed Cougar Walk to the modern architecture of the Green Lane building. Kean also has smaller class sizes, this makes it a lot more easy to learn in the class setting and truly connect with your professor. Residence life at Kean is close-knit community, sometimes the older residence halls have problems but the newer buildings are A1. Cougar Hall, Keans newest building specifically for incoming freshman literally looks like a hotel. The suites are large and they come with a full size fridge. If you are an incoming freshman I highly suggest Cougar Hall, but if you are not willing to shell out the extra money, the Freshman Residence Hall is the best deal in my opinion especially with the dining hall right outside.
Beautiful campus, the teachers are attentive. Good size class, a lot of transportation options. Near NYC, and has accessible transit. The tuition is affordable for a NJ University. The academics status is strong. The party scene isn't as active, but the surrounding area has a diverse population with great food, and a lot of tourists and people that speak different languages.