1,139 reviews
  1. Union, NJ
  2. 4 Year

Kean University Reviews

1,139 reviews
I honestly love the campus itself, it is beautiful and every time I enter it, it feels like home. My classes thus far have been challenging, but I love it. Thats what college is for to challenge me. What I would like to see change is the college itself making transfer students (such as myself) feel more involved in school activities and reaching out more.
Overall I really am enjoying my time at Kean University. The diversity amongst faculty and students is great. I have come across a few processors that really stuck out, and I plan to keep in touch with even after graduation.
Kean has a great program for design. The faculty is largely made up of business owners and freelance designers who have experience to be able to give readily applicable feedback on your work. The opportunities afforded to the students is bar none.
My experience at Kean Ocean has not been very positive. I want more than anything to earn my bachelor's in education but it is taking 2 years longer than it should have due to lack of guidance. I had saved enough money to finish in 4 years, but am now struggling to come up with 2 more years tuition.
Kean University is a great university. Professors are knowledgeable, kind, and inspiring. Everyone that works at Kean wants to help you and wants you to be the best you can be. As a resident, I feel cared for and accommodated. The residence workers are nice and make you feel at home.
Kean University is a great place for an education, as it surrounds you in a friendly environment in the heart of Union, NJ. It prides itself on diversity, which can be easily seen in the different types of studies they have and the different types of people that attend. Professors are well-equipped to teach. It's a commuter school so it worked well for me. Only downside per se is that as a commuter, you can easily get forgotten.
Initially I had a negative view about Kean University, however I've learned that Kean , like any new environment is exactly what you make of it. If you pour positivity into your surroundings here at Kean, you'll definitely get it back
Kean has warm, and friendly staff. Their advisers and super helpful and informative, i really feel like they have your best interest at heart, and are there to help guide you.
Very nice with Advisors who care for each one, with a police station inside I always feel safe and it always seems that all faculty enjoy working there and That makes every student very confortable.
Kean University is a school which would be in the bottom portion of colleges that applicants who have decent GPA and SAT score would attend even of instate students. First this a commuter school, you come on campus, go to class and leave. There is very little if any school spirt here and activities are limited as well. The admission standards are not competitive either, you need a 2.5 GPA and close to a 1000 SAT score (math/verbal) and you are in. Faculty here are helpful when they want to be. The most of professers are great, but than you'll have the ones that are horrible and dont care to help. I kind of regret going here.
I started my first semester at Kean fall 2016. I had a couple of people that I went to high school with attend Kean, some that are still students and some that have transferred. It came as a surprise how much I enjoyed the campus and the environment the more I opened myself up to it. I was hoping more than anything that I didn't get a roommate that I didn't get along with and I found someone who's the total opposite of what I feared my roommate to be. This past semester my professors expect nothing short of greatness and that made that's possible by having such a positive atmosphere in class and throughout the semester. Overall Kean is the school I plan to graduate from, although I'm still getting my feet wet, when something feels right, it isn't hard to notice.
My experience with Kean University for my first semester was better than I expected. Kean was not my first choice to go to, I wanted to go to Rutgers University since my brother graduated from there. Once I started my first week in Kean I absolutely loved the school, the professors are amazing and they help you in so many ways. There's free tutoring for any subject you're struggling in, there's even professors that can help you with your presentations. Overall, I cannot complain about my college, whether it's about food, help or personal problems, everything I need to succeed is in this school.
I loved Kean University! I went to an open house. It was my first school option also. Everyone was very nice and friendly. The campus was clean.
I start classes this spring at Kean University. I have visited the campus about 10 times. I have had a wonderful experience every visit. The staff was very helpful and courteous.
Kean University is a good and convenient school. It has grown a lot in the field of business, science, and education. As a recent graduate of Fine Arts, I just wish the department was stronger and gave more opportunities for aimed students in the department. Overall, the university is field with great proffessors and field various resources.
I like the way Kean cares! I'd like to see more classes offered at OCC, with different meeting times offered, as well
My experience at Kean University, has been amazing. I honestly consider the university to be my home away from home. Like any University, to truly experience the college lifestyle and have fun while doing it, you have to put yourself out there and Kean University allows you to indulge in a variety of activities on campus. I love it, I couldn't imagine going anywhere else.
Depending on your temperament, Kean is pretty cool. If you're into the top majors, are really out there, blah blah blah. You'll be great. A bit uncertain? Just going because it's not that damn expensive and is close to home/NY? I really wouldn't.
I did not like my experience at Kean University with the admissions department being highly unprofessional. My appointment time was 10:30am and they made me wait until 12pm because they misplaced my file which I then spotted right in front of them. It was such a disorganized place. They did not know how to pull my transcript up, and I had to assist them in doing that as well.
I am a current student at Kean University. I am a music education major studying to become a music teacher for public schools. I am having such a great time on campus and the music department is phenomenal. The professors are amazing, understanding, and extremely helpful. They give you the motivation needed to keep going. The campus is absolutely gorgeous and if you're into photography like me, Kean has some pretty amazing spots to go.