Kean University Reviews

1,237 reviews
My overall experience at Kean University has been wonderful. Professors and administrators are hands-on and very invested in their students.
Everyone here is very friendly and you get what you pay for at a four year public university. A lot of the professors have impressive credentials so you know you're getting the best out of the class or major.
I attended one of the satellite campuses of Kean University located in Toms River, NJ. The building was new so it was very nice inside. I went to Kean for my bachelors of science in nursing. One thing I did not like was that they changed the schedule of classes halfway through the program and made it difficult for the students. Nurses typically work every other weekend and this program made the students in this program attend classes every weekend. I wished they would change the classes so that they would fall on weekdays. We petitioned for them to change it but they wouldn't listen to us and it was very discouraging. On a positive note, the professors were amazing and supportive. They really want every student to succeed.
Start Your Review of Kean University
The campus gives a nice atmosphere, very clean and organized. The professors are amazing since the classes are smaller you can have a nice one to one interaction with them. The professors that I've had in the past have been very kind and help you as much as they possibly can. There are a lot of clubs, Greek Life and community service options to participate in. There are game rooms and lounges where students can sit down in relax while waiting for their next classes. You can find really tasty food, I recommend the Cougar Den since there is more variety. The only issue I have is I wished there was more transportation because since the trolleys are small they get overcrowded and if you are unable to fit in you might get lucky and have the next trolley available if not you have to wait for a while, worse when you are in a rush.
I had a great experience at Kean. I was able to take classes close to home through the Kean at Ocean campus.
I enjoyed my time at Kean University. While there, I was able to graduate Magna Cum Laude, I was put on the Dean's list, and I earned the right to join two Greek honor societies. These two honor societies are Lambda Alpha Sigma and Phi Alpha Theta. During my last year I interned for both the history department and library. Kean University is the most affordable four year college in New Jersey and would recommend to go there, especially if they like history.
I like most of my professors at mean. They are understanding and nice. I didn't like or they should have offer more online courses
I had the best 4 years at Kean University! I am forever grateful for the friends I made, the memories we shared, my incredible professors, and all the knowledge they gave me. I would not be in graduate school right now if it wasn't for the incredible experience I had at Kean.
Kean's professors are always there to help you. They have times throughout the week to tutor you or help you with an assignment that maybe you are unsure of. I like that the school is big but not too big. I like that it has clear signs of which direction to take for each building.
I like that Kean Univeristy is growing and adding new buildings to their campus such as the new freshman resident halls that was recently built and will be open this fall. I also like how Kean wants the students to have a fun college life a to meet new people so they organize fun events that happen around the campus where u could talk, have fun, and meet new people who attend kean. My overall experience at Kean so far has been good. I love how the class sizes aren’t too big and you can have one on one time with the professors. The professors are willing to help you and encourage you to see them at their office when you need help which is really helpful to all the students who attend Kean. If you live in the New Jersey Area, are looking for a univeristy close to you, Kean is the way to go!!
I love kean; however, on the weekends living on campus can get a little boring as there isn't much to do. The food is good sometimes but when it's bad, it's bad.
Kean University couldn't have been a better choice for me. The campus is so appealing to the eye, the faculty is more than helpful and there are many food options. The teachers are great, they give you ample amount of time to get the work done and if you have any questions majority of the time their office hours are accurate. They respond to emails quite quickly and they are more than willing to work with you individually until you get the work right.
I am currently a junior Psychology major here at Kean. The classes may be difficult but professors really try to help you as best as they can.
My first year at Kean was absolutely amazing. I met new people, joined things, was really involved and just loved the campus all around. I especially loved living on campus. My dorm was comfortable and made me feel at home. I loved having the sense of responsibility at school. The staff there from RA's to professors were amazing. I can't wait to continue my academic career there for the next three years.
Kean is all what you make it. It is a commuter school so not many students live on campus. Many professors care about your performance, just don’t miss class. Join clubs to get involved.
I am a kean/ocean student currently. I appreciate that they give students who commute an easier and more convenient drive daily.
I was very invloved with extracirriculars at Kean University. Their diversity and opportunities to connect are great. I would like to see the more of the staff be more of help to students, especially those who are not professors.
Start Your Review of Kean University
The school it’s self i still wonderful, but the students are reckless they like to steal motor vehicles, and other miscellaneous items.
Kean University is a fun and interactive school. I would only change the way we register. You can't tell who your professor is until the school year is about to start and then the other classes are full when you realise you have a bad professor.
Kean University is an amazing college. The professors and students are super nice and welcoming. I am an upcoming freshman and I am so excited to be able to go to this school in the fall. The environment is pretty well, friendly. You can make new friends easily, and a bunch of different majors.