Kaskaskia College Reviews

Very personal professors and small classes! I've always been able to ask questions and feel like they are genuinely trying to help!
Kaskaskia College is a small community college with a nice enough campus. I enjoy that all the classes are small and the professors are available to students almost all of the time and even on a 1:1 basis. I am currently in the nursing program and it is exceptional! The nursing department has a brand new building that is used for nursing and EMT education. The nursing building is full of the best resources on campus, excellent tutors and mentors, and incredible means of hands on studying in lab and the classroom. Kaskaskia College lacks in the advisory department to ALL students. In order to improve the college needs to focus on helping guide students on a four year path, make transferring an easier process, communicate with other advisers and departments in the college, have better resources for scholarships, and help the student to apply their need and wants to a better future.
The teachers I had when I attended KC were all wonderful. There is little to no diversity and the only things the school is recognized for is it's agriculture and nursing programs, leaving the arts with little to no funding. It is very affordable, especially if you are still undecided of your career path and just want to work on Gen Eds. The school mirrors the area surrounding it, its just a little to boring for me.
Start Your Review of Kaskaskia College
Great teachers and student life. Great athletics. Not a very big area. Wonderful facilities. Great community
Kaskaskia College was the most convenient choice for me to complete my associate's degree. I received a scholarship to attend Kaskaskia College, so the remainder of my costs were very affordable. One of the aspects that I really liked at KC was the sizes of my classes. Most of my classes had under 25 students. It was a much more relaxed environment, so I was much more comfortable participating in class, which helped me to learn more. I would like to see professors work on responding to students' questions in a more timely manner. I sometimes waited a few days to get a response on a question. I only had classes two days a week, so this was a problem when I needed to complete an assignment. I felt that I could have gotten more out of some of my core classes at KC. I had a few professors that could have cared more about really making sure students learn, rather than getting off topic. This makes it feel as if you're wasting your time and money going to class.
Love My Cosmo Professors. They work with me so on course projects and give extra time students when needed.
I love the small campus and being close to home. I think the teachers are amazing at their job, because they teach similar to how the surrounding high schools teach but at a college level. I think that Kaskaskia College could improve on their lab materials, ex. have more microscopes and samples.
Kaskaskia College is an okay community college. The drive there kind of stinks, but the campus is very pretty. The best thing about this college are their extension centers. If you cannot make the drive to the main campus, you can go to their extension centers!
I enjoy attending Kaskaskia. I have attended other schools and I feel I have gained most of my knowledge from there. It is a small school, so instructors have more time to help with class questions. They truly want to make sure you succeed. They offer great competitive programs.
Everyone at the college is very friendly and helpful. I've had no issues with anyone getting me assistance and finding what I need.
Kaskaskia is known for their nursing program. When the employers see that you went to this college you are more likely to be hired on. This college is highly ranked for their medical program. It is highly ranked because teachers make sure all students known their roles as a nurse everything there is to know about their field. All students are extremely well equipped and prepared to handle any situation that they may be involved in while they are in the real world.
The advisers make sure you know which classes you need for you major to graduate. That way you do not waste your time taking classes that will not count towards your degree. They provide you with a print of all the classes you will need to graduate. They go over the classes with you so know what to expect with the workload. They help you pick your classes for the semester that way you do not get overwhelmed if you pick classes that have a lot of coursework in them. They set up a student orientation so you know your way around campus and do not get lost your first week on campus. Classes of a specific major are kept together that way you do not have to run around the entire campus trying to get to all your classes. The classes are small that way you feel comfortable with asking for help if you need it and so the teacher can work with students one on one. Classes being small also, help with letting the teachers and students to get to know each other and hlp one another. Teachers and advisers make sure you have all the materials you need to succeed in your specific major; including setting up tutoring if its needed. They have a success center where students can go and work on their resume and get help creating one if needed.
The staff does everything in their to make sure that you are able to attend classes as soon as possible. They make sure that you understand the class so you do not struggle or feel like you can not do it.
Kaskaskia College offer morning afternoon and evening courses. If you have trouble planning and being organized, their is a program called TRIO that offer assistance throughout your education period at the school. They have special workshops for daily life activities such as eating healthy, staying organized, and time management. The are a great help if you need guidance and help throughout the year. All of my credits will transfer to the school I plan on attending. Most credits transfer to most school. Kaskaskia has certain degree programs that are linked with a couple of surrounding universities. The academic advisers are very helpful with choosing the correct courses for you. If you have trouble with certain classes, they offer tutors in the student center who are great at their job.
The website for online courses is pretty easy to use. All freshmen have to take a guideline course for the website. Some courses use other websites for their homework. Depending on the course, online courses can be relatively difficult due to the fact you have to do independent study. It is easy to communicate with the teachers and other students if needed.
They have a website that helps students get jobs and internships. Also they advertise careers on boards around the campus.
Classes are pretty small so it is easy to stay focused and creates a good learning environment. Most of my professors are relatively good teachers. They teach you what they want to know and are good at helping when it is needed. The professors are reasonable and understanding. Though if you do not meet them halfway, they will have less of an obligation to help you. There are plenty of courses to choose from. Some courses even offer certificates are associates degrees in them. Most of the courses are helpful with your major. They help you to give a better understanding of your career of interest.
Start Your Review of Kaskaskia College
I do not know too much of the employment opportunities other than the college's website that they advertise. There is no more student employee. However, the faculty will help with further job searches if needed.
I am currently getting my associates in arts. Since my first semester at Kaskaskia College I have been enrolled in above 18 credit hours. This is pretty average for a full time college student. The more credit hours can definitely be tough because of how much extra assignments and essays you have to do. As long as you are organized and stay on course, this obstacle can be overcame. I only use two of the 6 building on campus. The building are divided depending on the course. Kaskaskia College no longer has student employment but have a website that can help students find jobs.
Overall, Kaskaskia College is a great place to start you off towards a better education. The faculty are helpful and are willing to work with you as long as you are putting in the effort. The classes are relatively small which allow the teachers to communicate with you better and to establish a connection with the students. If you like small schools and want good education I would recommend Kaskaskia College. Their sports are also a big part of why Kaskaskia would be a good place to go. They have several men's and women's teams who have a pretty good athletic record. Just recently, however, Kaskaskia has had to make budget cuts due to the government not funding the school. There will be no more student employees which they had offered previously. Though they do have a site that will help you locate jobs around you.