Kalamazoo College Reviews

I really grew as a person at Kalamazoo, both academically and generally as a person. Moreover, I formed many life-long connections with my peers. I think this is a college that particularly benefits intellectually gifted young people who are still trying to find their path in the world. My only complaint is that the town can seem awfully isolated sometimes.
Everything is good. Except that it should provide more scholarships to hard working and genuine students.
Kalamazoo college provides a lot of resources for it's students and tries it's best to be more diverse and inclusive. However, only recently the BSO on campus had to protest due to the institution not falling through with the promises made out to them 50 years ago. Also as a first generation student, at a predominantly white institution, it took me an entire year and a half to finally be comfortable on campus. In addition, the school continues to increase their tuition, making it difficult for a lot of students to even remain at the school in the first place.
Start Your Review of Kalamazoo College
This school is dishonest to prospies about how truly stressful it is. Don't come if you don't have your mental health under control, you won't succeed. However, depending on your personal attitude and the dept. you're in, the teachers can be either indifferent or the most caring people you will ever meet in academics.
I personally am an art major and have found love and acceptance in a great program. K's art program is excellent considering how much less funding that department gets than the rest of the school. Talk to a current student in your intended major before you accept the big scholarship they will most likely give you, it comes with some caveats.
This school is mostly white upper-class Michiganders. Athletics aren't very competitive, and the professors are generally invested in your success. But, the parties aren't safe or very enjoyable, Kalamazoo is too much of a hassle to actually explore, and introverts, don't bother, most social events are in large groups and you'll feel very anxious and uncomfortable. Stacks is good food in a jam, caf is fairly average, food surrounding campus is just okay. A lot of clubs and potential interests, but you won't have time due to a heavy workload. Get a dorm in Harmon, has the most room. Girl and guys, be careful. People here are very sensitive and take a small advance as something much more than what it is. Additionally, people here get offended very easily and any side other than a liberal one isn't respected. People are willfully ignorant and want their worldview reinforced.
Overall, I think that Kalamazoo college is actually very unique. There are a variety of clubs and organizations on campus to choose from. It allows for everyone to be a part of something. Academically, I enjoy being on trimesters and having to take three courses each semester. I also enjoy the fact that the campus is small and that allows me to create a relationship with my professors and makes it easy to reach out and ask for their help. In the last two years the percent of minorities that attend K College have actually increased, and that is something that I hope continues to happen over the coming years.
Kalamazoo College is a very inviting college, that welcomes students from all diversities. We have a very welcoming community and going to college here is nice. The courses on the other hand are very limited and sometimes you can't get into the specific class that you wanted due to limited seats. Although, the professors at Kalamazoo College are very helpful and are more than eager to help you with what you need help with. The campus is very pretty and everything is remotely close since it is a small knitted campus. It is a home to many people and I have been blessed to call it my home as well.
Kalamazoo is a small liberal arts college. The capacity of each class can range from a handful of students to approximately 30 students. The size of the class allows students to build a relationship with professors and receive the help that they need.
Kalamazoo also has an amazing study abroad program which allows students to travel and grow as individuals.
Aside from the classes the Kalamazoo community is diverse, you'll meet amazing people from across the country and the world. Kalamazoo is great with providing scholarships and grants for students of color making this private institution affordable.
There are also plenty of opportunities to get involved in social justice work with the college and the surrounding community.
Great campus for connecting with professors as most classes are very small. However, dorms and food aren't great and its very expensive. There are a lot of things that need to change and be updated on campus. The campus is pretty good with lgbtq+ things but needs to get its priorities straight. It tends to favor its image over actions which is frustrating especially when students are protesting for changes almost every year.
Kalamazoo College was a great place to learn and grow as a young person. The small campus atmosphere offered lots of room to think and grow, and I appreciated the professors who were very dedicated to teaching and spending time with the students. The international experience was also vital to my learning.
Great academic school, with motivated teachers and a good group of students. Plenty of extracurriculars for many interests. However, if you have a specific plan going out of college that isn't going into academics, science, medical, or non-profit related field, they were hard pressed to find post-college opportunities for me.
Kalamazoo College is both big and small. You are always changing classes and meeting new people and professors every trimester. I love Kalamazoo College.
Simple, i try to make the best of it even though I do not enjoy it most of the time, I try to be involved in certain activities I like, and although the athletics may be poor it is still a good idea to be involved.
I love the small classrooms where I get individualized attention from all of my professors. I'm very glad I decided on this school. It offers me an excellent education and has afforded me many opportunity for complex learning.
My experience at K College has been... alright. I am from out of state and I think I would be doing somewhat better back home. I have been struggling to keep up with the payments as most student have been especially here at K. I wish the tuition would change. Not only that, but I wish there were more superiors that would be more understanding of student's situations, especially for those underrepresented POC. They say that there is not much they can do yet they are barely doing anything because it "costs money".
Love the community of people, everyone is very accepting and helpful. All classes are pretty small, the largest classes you can take are capped at 36. Professors are passionate and helpful, they actually want to teach rather than just be a successful researcher etc. Being a small school food options are limited, and don't expect a typical wild college experience. Everyone here is pretty studious, with small parties about once a week.
I've been on multiple visits here, and the campus has treated me well everytime. The college is the small college feel, with big oppurtunities. The facilities are old and classy but kept up great, and the sports are top notch.
Start Your Review of Kalamazoo College
By far the coolest college experience of any of my friends from high school. The freeform curriculum allows its students to discover what they love and dig deeply into that while also exploring any number of other academic avenues that can fit within the four years. The bulit-in study abroad experience changes lives - it changed mine. I see the world with more understanding eyes because of my time here. Also, the professors really care about who you are as a person and what you're going through. They understand the stresses you're under and want to work with you to achieve.
Amazing university with a diverse student body and staff. K's Center for Civic Engagement teams up with local organizations to improve the greater Kalamazoo Community in various ways. Excellent selection of study abroad programs. Needs a new pool!
Kalamazoo College is a great college in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area. It is easy to focus on academics and the teachers are very supportive and the class sizes are small.