Kalamazoo College Reviews

Love the community of people, everyone is very accepting and helpful. All classes are pretty small, the largest classes you can take are capped at 36. Professors are passionate and helpful, they actually want to teach rather than just be a successful researcher etc. Being a small school food options are limited, and don't expect a typical wild college experience. Everyone here is pretty studious, with small parties about once a week.
I've been on multiple visits here, and the campus has treated me well everytime. The college is the small college feel, with big oppurtunities. The facilities are old and classy but kept up great, and the sports are top notch.
By far the coolest college experience of any of my friends from high school. The freeform curriculum allows its students to discover what they love and dig deeply into that while also exploring any number of other academic avenues that can fit within the four years. The bulit-in study abroad experience changes lives - it changed mine. I see the world with more understanding eyes because of my time here. Also, the professors really care about who you are as a person and what you're going through. They understand the stresses you're under and want to work with you to achieve.
Start Your Review of Kalamazoo College
Amazing university with a diverse student body and staff. K's Center for Civic Engagement teams up with local organizations to improve the greater Kalamazoo Community in various ways. Excellent selection of study abroad programs. Needs a new pool!
Kalamazoo College is a great college in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area. It is easy to focus on academics and the teachers are very supportive and the class sizes are small.
I loved Kalamazoo College. The teachers are willing to help you grow and work with you to get an topic. Yet, the college has a hard time making sure the students that make the school "diverse" fit in.
If you're going here, you are paying for the brand name of K to pay off for grad school. Most people go here to play a sport/got money/close to home. Dorms are below average, athletically nobody attends the events. No parties on fridays, but there are on saturdays and pretty much the whole school goes. Overwhelmingly liberal, they don't call it "liberal" arts for nothing at least here. Western Michigan nearby is nice.
Kalamazoo College teachers and staff are out there to help. People all around have busy schedules but the learning processes are not as distracting as I thought they should be. The only thing I will say is that, once in the Kzoo bubble, it's hard to get away. Kalamazoo has a stress bubble that especially first years can't escape. So find people and find a home through them and on campus actjvjtjes
It seems like a really interesting school that is very ends on an intuitive. Every one that I met there were very welcoming and made me feel like I was valued as a student.
it has been a great experience
The NCAA has screwed our athletics at the school. Other than that it has been a life-changing experience.
All of my professors have been helpful for my pursuit towards my computer science and psychology degrees. I noticed that they do not want to see you fail, so when you meet them halfway and talk to them, they will be of tremendous help. Some professors are also passionate about some of the student social movements and will be supportive in that manor. I love them.
There are several job fairs throughout the school year. Many professors are doing active work and if you talk to them, can network and maybe land an internship in your desired department.
There are many support groups to provide help and services for students. The school provides a forum to freshmen about the severity of sexual assault and students must finish a sexual assault online workshop
Campus housing is pretty good. Depending on the dorm, many have their own unique perks. Trowbridge has most of the freshmen and provide a great social atmosphere, Hoben, another freshmen-only dorm, is the closest to Hicks (which is really the center of campus and so i's close to the cafe and the gym (relatively) and most of the quad-based activities), Harmen, which is both freshmen and upper class have quad-like dorms, which provide community atmosphere and is also in the center of campus, Crissey, an upperclassmen dorm also has a great community atmosphere, but is at the bottom of campus (so great if you want to escape the K bubble) it also has suite-like dorms where many friends live together, and Severn, another upperclassmen suite-like dorm father away from campus, tends to be the quieter of the two dorms, so great for people who enjoy silence. There is a lottery to apply for the suite like dorms for upcoming sophomores and upperclassmen may the odds be ever in your favor.
The support is there from the school, especially the football and tennis teams. When there are teams that are doing relatively well, the school will come and support.
I would choose my school because I enjoy having small classes and getting to know my professors on a personal level. I like the opportunities to take leadership roles on campus and to study abroad. I love my friends that I have met there and the food.
Start Your Review of Kalamazoo College
Very highly rated school and many job fairs and internships are available
It is a really good school with many opportunities and lots of diversity
I have always felt safe on campus, but I stay in a group when it is late at night