Juniata College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.50 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.55 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.55 responses
Most Popular Majors
Environmental Sciences21 Graduates
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology16 Graduates
Natural Resources Conservation13 Graduates
Foundations of Education11 Graduates
Geology and Earth Science10 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.42 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.71 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.36 responses
Juniata College Reviews
I am grateful to be attending a college with such excellence. As a potential student, one of the things that attracted me to Juniata College was its small classroom size. While attending, I have taken courses with as few as nine students. Because of this uniqueness, students are encouraged to create relationships with the professors. Students are not just a number here. Professors care about each and every one of us, and they put a lot of effort to help us succeed during our time here, and in our future. As a science major, the small class size is also a bonus because the lab courses give us hands on experience with instruments such as an NMR or GCMS machines. Although it can seem a little pricey, the school offers a generous amount of financial aid to its students. As far as campus life goes, there are plenty of opportunities if you're inclined to engage in them. Clubs aren't all that active, but there are usually events on campus every weekend.
Overall Juniata College is a hidden gem in a small town, and is a great college if you are looking at studying environmental science or biology. Juniata also has a very high acceptance rate into medical school of higher than 90%. The people can be quirky and diverse in personality, and there is also a fairly high number of international students for the small class sizes. There are also a large amount of study abroad experiences and a large variety of classes offered from wheel throwing, to Viking Religion, to Modern Genomics. Juniata College may be in a small rural town, but you can always find something to do with friends, in classes, and with campus run activities.
Juniata is an amazing school filled with many traditions that you will cheerish if you attend! I have found some of the greatest friends at this school and really get one on one time with my professors that truly care about me. The only negative thing I can say about Juniata is that they are very money driven and many of the people in power seem to care more about perspective students then the actual students