Johnston Community College Reviews

The school is a community college that has always upheld a great reputation for preparation for real life allied health professions. My personal experience with college has varied with starting with a two year transfer program that prepared me for a university. I soon felt the track I was on was not exactly what I wanted in a career and wanted to attain a degree in social work however found a true calling to patient care in a hands on profession. Nursing was an interest however to be a part of a team that researched the anatomy was more my desire. I currently work in a nursing career however I want to be on the beginning of a patients care and felt radiography would be exactly where I want to be. I have gained more confidence and desire in the past year providing patient care to a vulnerable population and I know I’ve made a positive impact on the lives of the elderly. For this reason I hope to gain more experience in a growing field.
Johnston Community College has a great student atmosphere. Their staff is very knowledgeable about the campus, facilities, classes and other extra curricular activities.
I've enjoyed the library facilities and have found many of the educators to be polite and easy to work with. This is a good community college to get a basic education to help you get ahead in life.
Start Your Review of Johnston Community College
It is a small campus and most people are friendly. I think it is a great community college. I would like for there to be more classes to choose from.
It's extremely hit or miss with your teachers; some will really try to motivate you, others let blatant cheating run through their classes. I had some wonderful English teachers, but some not so great Spanish teachers. The student body usually isn't very energetic/excited; most people are here as a backup option. The adults in the classes are usually very sweet.
The staff is very kind and helpful. I can always go to someone if I need help and most of the teachers like it when you reach out and have a desire to see you succeed.
I'm having a great time in my field of study at JCC (IT), and I have had no negative experiences so far. There are a few students that endlessly complain about everything, but I have noticed that the ones who complain are not doing very well grade wise. Highly recommend the IT program, and it has great instructors.
I chose Johnston Community College over a closer community college because the academics and overall atmosphere were more what I was looking for in a school.
I started attending JCC fall semester of my senior year and so far I love it. I love the instructors i’ve had. The resources offered by the college are great for example their tutoring program offered to all students.
My experience with Johnston Community College was overall great! The staff are friendly and the students there are very welcoming. The academic advisers, Student Government Association members, and the financial aid office were all big helps to me receiving my degree.
The staffs and students are friendly. The school offers many opportunities / classes the students can choose for their path to success.
I have really enjoyed my time at Johnston Community College. the advisors are very helpful in pointing you in the right direction to get your prerequisites for your major. The financial aide department is always eager to help in any way they can. the classes are small and gives you more one to one time with the instructor. The only downside is parking. there is no where to park so you are forced to drive around until someone leaves which puts you at risk for being late to class.
I think that there could be some major improvements in the staff, athletic department, and their could also be housing for commuters.
I love JCC. This college is the best school I have ever been to. The faculty are extremely friendly and helpful. The teachers actually care about you passing and will do anything in their power to help you pass. The campus is nice and always clean. It's not too big so it doesn't take long to walk the whole campus. There are plenty of student lounges on campus with vending machines and microwaves for when you bring your lunch. Overall it's a very nice college
The curriculum at Johnston Community College and the professors are excellent, but the main reason I give this three stars instead of five is that the organization between different departments are a total mess and the students that go there are the least social people I've ever met. I recommend this college to someone who already has a big enough circle of friends and don't particularly need the social outlet, and want a more affordable means of earning the first two years of college
My experience at this college has been great. I like the steam building because it's updated and feels like a college campus unlike the other buildings. This one has the emergency posts which makes me feel safe at night and I would hope that the whole campus will get these. The teachers have been nothing but great.
Johnston Community College was a fun experience, with good teachers and friendly students. The STEM department staff (my department) was very helpful and knew how to connect with the students.
Start Your Review of Johnston Community College
Being at Johnston Community College has been a great two years. I have been able to commute from home while completing course work that transfers to a four-year university. I have also been able to save money and decide what I will finally be majoring in since I was indecisive after graduating high school. I would highly recommend going to Johnston Community College, or any community college in particular for those who are also indecisive or cannot afford going to a four-year university just yet. Going to Johnston Community college has also helped me become more independent and prepared me for transferring after completing my associate's degree.
They have programs, in place to help.
I've had nothing but success dealing, with my professors.