1. Smithfield, NC
  2. 2 Year

Johnston Community College Reviews

Johnston Community College was a fun experience, with good teachers and friendly students. The STEM department staff (my department) was very helpful and knew how to connect with the students.
Being at Johnston Community College has been a great two years. I have been able to commute from home while completing course work that transfers to a four-year university. I have also been able to save money and decide what I will finally be majoring in since I was indecisive after graduating high school. I would highly recommend going to Johnston Community College, or any community college in particular for those who are also indecisive or cannot afford going to a four-year university just yet. Going to Johnston Community college has also helped me become more independent and prepared me for transferring after completing my associate's degree.
They have programs, in place to help.
  • Value
I've had nothing but success dealing, with my professors.
I've already gotten notice, from business professionals.
  • Value
I'm very happy, with the programs.
Professors provide an atmosphere of trust and assist, in every way. I'm a believer, in community college first.
i just quit my job instead
Online classes are convenient because you can take them from home. Otherwise everything else about them is a pain.
My math teachers have been wonderful. English teachers are helpful and understanding, but not very lenient. Science teachers are hit or miss...

classes fill up fast and servers drop when enrolling online after they open registration.
They are good with sending out emails notifying students of internship and scholarship opportunities, along with campus events and other gatherings.
  • Value
I am currently pursuing an Associates in Science. This is to transfer to a university to major in Atmospheric Sciences. My associates includes a lot of math and science. There is currently no "pathway" program between NC state and JCC, so I'm pretty much navigating my degree on my own.
I chose a community college that was affiliated with the university I wanted to transfer to. The financial aid department needs some help. Maybe if they ditched some of their excessive beurocratic processes they could create a more accurate, efficient way to obtain information about financial aid. This could also help improve the payment process.
it was a bit hard. I started at the ccp program at my school
it is as great school with helpful counselors and advisors. They helped my transitioning from high school to college be smooth.
They are generally pretty user friendly and straight forward.
The professors, minus one or two, are all extremely helpful, understanding, and really care about your success. By far the best part about this college.
I feel as if a degree from here is no more mediocre or above average than a degree from any other community college.
  • College Senior
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
You get the credits and the professors are, for the most part, extremely helpful and caring, however some of the classes seem extremely easy, not all.
I really love this school, but if you're looking for a challenge, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. I'm pretty confident when I transfer I'll be kicked in the but because my classes will be significantly harder.