- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade B
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade C minus
- Party Scenegrade C minus
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade B+
- Dormsgrade A+
- Campus Foodgrade A minus
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A+
Johnson University is a place of uncommon community where students get ready for both a fulfilling career and a meaningful life. We believe in educating you for ALL of life, so our curriculum includes a core of classes in Bible and theology, a core of classes in the arts and sciences, and more than 40 majors in everything from business administration, education, and psychology to ministry leadership, music technology, and history.
Niche.com rated Johnson's dorms as the 3rd-best in the country! Every room has its own private bathroom. Our beautiful campus also includes the new Athletic and Recreation Complex, which includes a 10-lane swimming pool, basketball arena, fitness center and weight room, game room, and Habaneros cafe.
And Johnson's tuition is HALF the national average for private colleges and universities. At Johnson, you get an exceptional education at an amazing price.
Johnson University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 19 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Biblical Studies183 Graduates
- Divinity, Ministry, and Pre-Theology54 Graduates
- Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling23 Graduates
- Missionary Studies23 Graduates
- Communications16 Graduates
- Religious Vocations16 Graduates
- Business13 Graduates
- Elementary Education11 Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching8 Graduates
- History7 Graduates
We partner with Tennessee Wesleyan University to offer an Associate Degree in Health Science & B.S. in Nursing. The first 2 years you earn the associate degree, including nursing pre-reqs. You apply to TWU's nursing school for years 3 & 4. You can live on the JU campus all 4 years. Our focus on scientific excellence, spiritual formation, and service distinguishes this nursing program from others.
- Friendly and caring people100%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 21 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 23 responses
- A positive schooling experience.69%
- Home away from home23%
- An extremely negative schooling experience.8%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 9 responses