Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade B
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade C minus
- Party Scenegrade C minus
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade B+
- Dormsgrade A+
- Campus Foodgrade A minus
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A+
Johnson University is an above-average private, Christian university located in Tennessee. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 632 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Johnson University acceptance rate is 53%. Popular majors include Biblical Studies, Divinity, Ministry, and Pre-Theology, and Missionary Studies. Graduating 63% of students, Johnson University alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $27,100.
Johnson University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
No data available
Will You Get In?
$18,921 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$7,644 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
grade B minus
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 19 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Biblical Studies196 Graduates
- Divinity, Ministry, and Pre-Theology46 Graduates
- Missionary Studies36 Graduates
- Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling30 Graduates
- Elementary Education18 Graduates
- Religious Vocations18 Graduates
- Communications12 Graduates
- Non-Profit and Public Management10 Graduates
- Business7 Graduates
- English7 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 14 responses
- Friendly and caring people100%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 21 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 23 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 13 responses
- A positive schooling experience.69%
- Home away from home23%
- An extremely negative schooling experience.8%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$29,800 / year
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 9 responses
Colleges like Johnson University
- grade BMilligan University
- 4 Year
- Milligan, TN
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 308 reviews
- grade A minusUnion University
- 4 Year
- Jackson, TN
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 649 reviews
- grade BMaryville College
- 4 Year
- Maryville, TN
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 350 reviews
- grade BOzark Christian College
- 4 Year
- Joplin, MO
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 186 reviews
Johnson University Reviews
Rating 3.99 out of 5 285 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This was my first year attending JU, and I loved every minute of it. It is truly and uncommon community, filled with so many exceptional people and professors! If you're looking to get a great Christian education this is the place for you! Everyone here majors in their major of choice, along with Bible and Theology (so you double major), so keep that in mind before applying. You will have to take over 30 hours of Bible courses, so just a heads up is that's not really your thing. It's also BEAUTIFUL! We're about 25 minutes away from downtown knox and about 35-45 from the Gatlinburg, Sevierville area. Work study jobs are available in just about any department you can think of, and my employer works really well with my school schedule. Not to mention the great dorms. You get your own bathroom, sink, and shower and one roommate. They're super spacious too.
The faculty and staff at Johnson University are so welcoming. They are willing to work with you to help you achieve your goals. They will walk with you through the trials and tribulations you are facing and they are always willing to listen. The campus is tucked away in the rolling hills of Knoxville, TN. The views are gorgeous. I love the dorm rooms! Every dorm room is so spacious, they come with their own private bathrooms, and there are so many ways to organize your furniture.
Johnson University fully lives up to their motto of "uncommon community" in every faucet. From caring classmates to friendly professors, this Christian private school is all around spiritually nurturing. The campus is beautiful and homey, and the class material is challenging yet achievable. I would recommend my school to an and every one. Go Royals!