Johnson & Wales University Reviews

2,613 reviews
I love this school. Some teachers are bad but then some are very good and helpful. Meeting people here are fun and easy and everyone is very nice for the most part.
Very good staff, nice location. A lot of schedule options. Library is pretty good. Professors are kind and seem to be very professional.
For a culinary school the food isn't quite the best. I would like to see an improvement in clubs as well, so that there's more for students to get involved with
Start Your Review of Johnson & Wales University
Johnson & Wales University is a good school if you know what you want to do. One of the things that JWU applauds themselves for is being able to start your major early, which is great if you know what you want to do, however, this wouldn't be the right school for you if you were still figuring out what you wanted to do. JWU does give out a lot of grants/scholarships, however, it's a very expensive school so all the more grants and scholarships you can earn from other places are always helpful.
Freshman studding culinary arts, Johnson and wales is over all a nice school and class are nice and professors are nice, campus food is average.
If you are not a culinary major, this is not the school for you. Please don't get pulled in and convinced by the campus scenery. For me that was one of the deciding factors and unfortunately when I got here it was totally different. I am currently a finance major and the classes are poorly taught. They tell you on the tour that they don't know the base pay for tuition but really tuition alone is $31,000 and that doesn't include housing. If you want to become an RA, your room and board will only be half of the price which sucks. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME GOING HERE. If you want to get a degree without having any knowledge in YOUR SELECTED MAJOR, please come here. In addition to that, the faculty is not diverse at all. If you are a minority looking for minority faculty, this is not the school for you. PLEASE WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS BEFORE DECIDING TO COME HERE.
The food is great and not far from the dorms. Getting to choose my roommate is great. Safety and Security are quick to any emergency. And parties are everywhere.
Johnson & Wales University is in my opinion the best choice for any student interested in any form of culinary. They have a wide variety of majors anyone can choose from. Trust in me when I say this is the best choice for you.
I love Johnson and Wales. I have only been here for 2 months and already I feel like part of the family. People in the dorms are so polite and my teachers are some of the most interesting people i've ever met.
Here's what's good about JWU :
a) Low acceptance rate : If you are one of those top-rated students, then you might not consider this school. But if you struggle in high school and still aim for a college degree, this is a place to be.
b) Small community : It's not a big school. Most classes are medium and small-sized. Just a few days and you get to know (almost) every corner of the school.
c) Best majors : Event Management, Hotel Lodging, Culinary. If you want to purse a service career, you definitely attend JWU.
So, what is not cool?
a) Financial need : Your financial need may not be fully met.
b) Less competitive : It is a relaxed environment. Classes are usually from Mon to Thu and you have 3 days to rest. A relief, isn't it? But the negative side is that you are not motivated enough to achieve further.
I love how this school makes me feel like I matter. I'm not just another number to them. I have meetings with my advisor and department chair as often as I'd like, I can take the classes I want to take, and it's easy to graduate early. I would recommend this school to anyone. If you had good grades in high school you will definitely be offered scholarship or grant money. Also, no school on Fridays is a plus if you are looking to work throughout college. I am able to manage two jobs and be a full time student.
The area is gorgeous. Classes are so so. Most the professors are eager to teach. The food is diverse and during the week there are lots of options to choose from. Housing isn't bad. The private rooms are large enough to accomodate and are well finished.
The school is great for culinary but others majors are not the best. They also only have two great dorm choices and the rest are not up to par. When I moved in this year hey gave us dirty chairs and couches with stairs and holes in them. And it took almost a whole month to get them changed.
The campus is great, and the city is amazing especially if you are culinary arts major or you love food. The professors are from all different backgrounds so you can learn a lot. There is always something to do in the city.
It a small city and state but surrounded by many other collages. This gives johnson and wales a small town feel while also being very cultural
I transferred to Johnson and Wales from a small community college 300 miles away. When I arrived, I was overwhelmed at first because of the capacity of the campus. However, since my arrival, the staff and even students have made me feel comfortable here; whether it be in the dining hall, resident hall, etc. My professors have been authoritative, yet still personable. I'm looking forward to the rest of my time here.
I love Johnson and Wales University. The staff is very helpful and there are many opportunities to succeed.
Start Your Review of Johnson & Wales University
My Experience at Johnson & Wales University -Providence. Was one of the best College experience I ever had. I love everything about this school the food is great, the professors are nice and the dormitory is clean and nice. I have nothing bad to say about this school. If you want to go to a school that is affordable, family like, clean, fun and great food this si the school to go to.
The culinary professors are extremely knowledgeable, you really learn a lot in a short amount of time. For a culinary driven school the food options should be a lot better.
I liked where the university was located and the amenities it offered. sometimes the professors weren't the best. the food was not very good for having a culinary program on campus.