Johnson & Wales University Reviews

2,605 reviews
I love Johnson and Wales. I have only been here for 2 months and already I feel like part of the family. People in the dorms are so polite and my teachers are some of the most interesting people i've ever met.
Here's what's good about JWU :
a) Low acceptance rate : If you are one of those top-rated students, then you might not consider this school. But if you struggle in high school and still aim for a college degree, this is a place to be.
b) Small community : It's not a big school. Most classes are medium and small-sized. Just a few days and you get to know (almost) every corner of the school.
c) Best majors : Event Management, Hotel Lodging, Culinary. If you want to purse a service career, you definitely attend JWU.
So, what is not cool?
a) Financial need : Your financial need may not be fully met.
b) Less competitive : It is a relaxed environment. Classes are usually from Mon to Thu and you have 3 days to rest. A relief, isn't it? But the negative side is that you are not motivated enough to achieve further.
I love how this school makes me feel like I matter. I'm not just another number to them. I have meetings with my advisor and department chair as often as I'd like, I can take the classes I want to take, and it's easy to graduate early. I would recommend this school to anyone. If you had good grades in high school you will definitely be offered scholarship or grant money. Also, no school on Fridays is a plus if you are looking to work throughout college. I am able to manage two jobs and be a full time student.
Review Johnson & Wales University
The area is gorgeous. Classes are so so. Most the professors are eager to teach. The food is diverse and during the week there are lots of options to choose from. Housing isn't bad. The private rooms are large enough to accomodate and are well finished.
The school is great for culinary but others majors are not the best. They also only have two great dorm choices and the rest are not up to par. When I moved in this year hey gave us dirty chairs and couches with stairs and holes in them. And it took almost a whole month to get them changed.
The campus is great, and the city is amazing especially if you are culinary arts major or you love food. The professors are from all different backgrounds so you can learn a lot. There is always something to do in the city.
It a small city and state but surrounded by many other collages. This gives johnson and wales a small town feel while also being very cultural
I transferred to Johnson and Wales from a small community college 300 miles away. When I arrived, I was overwhelmed at first because of the capacity of the campus. However, since my arrival, the staff and even students have made me feel comfortable here; whether it be in the dining hall, resident hall, etc. My professors have been authoritative, yet still personable. I'm looking forward to the rest of my time here.
I love Johnson and Wales University. The staff is very helpful and there are many opportunities to succeed.
My Experience at Johnson & Wales University -Providence. Was one of the best College experience I ever had. I love everything about this school the food is great, the professors are nice and the dormitory is clean and nice. I have nothing bad to say about this school. If you want to go to a school that is affordable, family like, clean, fun and great food this si the school to go to.
The culinary professors are extremely knowledgeable, you really learn a lot in a short amount of time. For a culinary driven school the food options should be a lot better.
I liked where the university was located and the amenities it offered. sometimes the professors weren't the best. the food was not very good for having a culinary program on campus.
I love the wide arrangement of majors to chose from. There is something for everyone! My major is Sports, Events, and Entertainment Management. All of my professors set their students up to succeed by offering internships, organizations, etc.
My experience here has been very life changing since I've been here. It has taught me so much and it has helped me grow as a person.
Students bounce back and forth to class, dining hall, dorm, meetings, library, sports, etc. all day long. They may get up early and stay up late to get it all done. It takes some getting used to, but busy as they are, most college students come to appreciate the freedom they have to manage their own time.
My experience is good. The atmosphere and the people is good, as well as the classrooms and the teachers.
I haven't really experience much since I'm only a freshman and classes haven't started yet. I hope to learn more and have a great experience. Johnson and wales seems like a promising future for me.
Review Johnson & Wales University
Attending Johnson & Wales as a Culinary Arts student under their ACCESS Program was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The education was incomparable, the chefs truly cared about your success in the commercial kitchens of the real world. I learned more living there for 3 years then I have all the other places I've lived up to this point! I recommend the program and school to anyone with a true passion for culinary arts. You will get your money's worth and be glad you did it.
I love the area around the city and the transportation situation they have. I love the small class sizes and their new Engineering & Design Building.
I like the fact that JWU is based in trimesters and not in semesters because it breaks up the work load on you throughout the year and it makes it easier to gain more credits in a less amount of time. What I would like to see change in JWU is the support from the academic and financial advisors and the overall organization of the school and its majors need a complete overhaul. Also there needs to be more minors and Master degree options for students.