Johnson & Wales University Reviews

2,619 reviews
The Professors for my major were experienced, but core classes are a joke. I did not learn much. The services offered could be better, for example, the dining halls are terrible considering this is a culinary school.
ive been having a great year here. I am only online, and the classes are very flexible and easy to adapt to. You will not be missing out when going to this school. The campuses are beautiful as well and your able to take classes their if you would prefer.
The professors and courses are good. I especially like the new CSI building (for arts and sciences majors) and overall.
Start Your Review of Johnson & Wales University
Experience at JWU has been life changing experience. I did my bachelor and came back for my MBA, both of the programs were very flexible and I was able to keep my full time job while at work.
Great professors. Most of them worked in their fields for years so they also give us some practical skills.
As a commuter, I get less of a "college experience," however they do offer a wide variety of options to get involved, I just do not take advantage of it.
Johnson and wales is a very diverse university. They have multiple resources that you can use and the staff are amazing. They set you up with an academic adviser and a financial adviser to help keep you on top of everything. They have many events, clubs, and sports games going on around campus so there's always something for you to do. They have a full gym on both campuses and they food is good.
While I am not attending at present, I have seen promising things from this university. Their baking and pastry arts program, which I will major in, involves much hands-on learning with only a few extra classes like English or mathematics. I really like how JWU lets the student take classes related to his major the first year. And the instructors for the culinary program have past experience in 5-star places!
I love this school. Some teachers are bad but then some are very good and helpful. Meeting people here are fun and easy and everyone is very nice for the most part.
Very good staff, nice location. A lot of schedule options. Library is pretty good. Professors are kind and seem to be very professional.
For a culinary school the food isn't quite the best. I would like to see an improvement in clubs as well, so that there's more for students to get involved with
Johnson & Wales University is a good school if you know what you want to do. One of the things that JWU applauds themselves for is being able to start your major early, which is great if you know what you want to do, however, this wouldn't be the right school for you if you were still figuring out what you wanted to do. JWU does give out a lot of grants/scholarships, however, it's a very expensive school so all the more grants and scholarships you can earn from other places are always helpful.
Freshman studding culinary arts, Johnson and wales is over all a nice school and class are nice and professors are nice, campus food is average.
If you are not a culinary major, this is not the school for you. Please don't get pulled in and convinced by the campus scenery. For me that was one of the deciding factors and unfortunately when I got here it was totally different. I am currently a finance major and the classes are poorly taught. They tell you on the tour that they don't know the base pay for tuition but really tuition alone is $31,000 and that doesn't include housing. If you want to become an RA, your room and board will only be half of the price which sucks. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME GOING HERE. If you want to get a degree without having any knowledge in YOUR SELECTED MAJOR, please come here. In addition to that, the faculty is not diverse at all. If you are a minority looking for minority faculty, this is not the school for you. PLEASE WEIGH YOUR OPTIONS BEFORE DECIDING TO COME HERE.
The food is great and not far from the dorms. Getting to choose my roommate is great. Safety and Security are quick to any emergency. And parties are everywhere.
Johnson & Wales University is in my opinion the best choice for any student interested in any form of culinary. They have a wide variety of majors anyone can choose from. Trust in me when I say this is the best choice for you.
I love Johnson and Wales. I have only been here for 2 months and already I feel like part of the family. People in the dorms are so polite and my teachers are some of the most interesting people i've ever met.
Start Your Review of Johnson & Wales University
Here's what's good about JWU :
a) Low acceptance rate : If you are one of those top-rated students, then you might not consider this school. But if you struggle in high school and still aim for a college degree, this is a place to be.
b) Small community : It's not a big school. Most classes are medium and small-sized. Just a few days and you get to know (almost) every corner of the school.
c) Best majors : Event Management, Hotel Lodging, Culinary. If you want to purse a service career, you definitely attend JWU.
So, what is not cool?
a) Financial need : Your financial need may not be fully met.
b) Less competitive : It is a relaxed environment. Classes are usually from Mon to Thu and you have 3 days to rest. A relief, isn't it? But the negative side is that you are not motivated enough to achieve further.
I love how this school makes me feel like I matter. I'm not just another number to them. I have meetings with my advisor and department chair as often as I'd like, I can take the classes I want to take, and it's easy to graduate early. I would recommend this school to anyone. If you had good grades in high school you will definitely be offered scholarship or grant money. Also, no school on Fridays is a plus if you are looking to work throughout college. I am able to manage two jobs and be a full time student.
The area is gorgeous. Classes are so so. Most the professors are eager to teach. The food is diverse and during the week there are lots of options to choose from. Housing isn't bad. The private rooms are large enough to accomodate and are well finished.