High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.156 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.172 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.171 responses
Most Popular Majors
Culinary Arts and Food Service604 Graduates
Restaurant and Food Services Management535 Graduates
Baking and Pastry Arts315 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies192 Graduates
Business Administration and Management141 Graduates
Hotel and Resort Management140 Graduates
Fashion and Apparel Merchandising92 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration84 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management63 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 111 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.194 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.235 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.107 responses
Johnson & Wales University Reviews
I love Johnson & Wales University! As part of the Culinary Nutrition program, I feel challenged and pushed to my limit every single day and in every one of my classes and labs. I love the campus, my work-study job, the surrounding communities, and all the extra fun activities that happen within and around the city. All of the staff and faculty want nothing more than to see you succeed and will do anything they can to help you. It is one of the best places anyone can go to for support!
While I am not attending at present, I have seen promising things from this university. Their baking and pastry arts program, which I will major in, involves much hands-on learning with only a few extra classes like English or mathematics. I really like how JWU lets the student take classes related to his major the first year. And the instructors for the culinary program have past experience in 5-star places!
Johnson & Wales is a unique university that gives its students a myriad of sources to help them achieve whatever your heart desires. From sponsorships from local businesses and alumni that help students develop and launch new products and companies, to internal and external internships. It is clear that this is a university that looks out for its students and only wants the absolute best for them. Being a culinary school, the food here is excellent. There are so many meal plan options and a variety of food choices whether you are a vegetarian, gluten-free, kosher, and they cater to food allergies well. No complaints here!