- 4 Year
- PROVIDENCE, RI
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and community are the university’s number-one priority. For the latest COVID-19 updates, please visit covid.jwu.edu. Learn More
- Academicsgrade C+
- Valuegrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade B minus
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade A
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade A+
- Dormsgrade B minus
- Campus Foodgrade C+
- Student Lifegrade A minus
- Safetygrade B minus
At Johnson & Wales University, we want you to imagine everything your future can be. And then we’ll help you work toward it—because when you work, so does your education. And your options are as open as your potential.
Since 1914, our goal has been for students to make the most of their time at college—to bring out their potential and turn it into a career. Through education that instills a love of learning to industry connections that put that love into practice, we work by your side to turn your passion into a life.
More than 7,300 students live, work and play at JWU’s flagship campus where life is nonstop through clubs, organizations, social events and over 20 varsity sports competing at the NCAA III level. Situated in an equally vibrant city, Providence, RI has a thriving arts and music scene, professional sports and access to 400 miles of nearby coastline.
Branch Campuses of Johnson & Wales University- Providence
- sort list below by grade active
- sort list below alphabetically disabled
Johnson & Wales University- Providence Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Culinary Arts and Food Service272 Graduates
- Restaurant and Food Services Management267 Graduates
- Baking and Pastry Arts157 Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management126 Graduates
- Business124 Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies109 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration88 Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Merchandising57 Graduates
- Marketing55 Graduates
- Computer Graphics47 Graduates
Home to Over 30 James Beard Award Finalists
Through our bachelor’s degree program in Culinary Arts, you’ll learn the craft of culinary arts in top-notch labs under the guidance of expert chef-instructors. Our graduates have established some of the best restaurants, and this year over 30 alum were nominated as finalists for the James Beard Foundation Awards, the culinary world’s version of the Oscars. Want to be the best? Apply to JWU today!
- Mix of Online and on Campus26%
- On Campus72%
- Hard working31%
- This is a very career based school so people care21%
- Just assuming they'll succeed12%
- Friendly, open-minded3%
- Dedicated to the Students41%
- Career Oriented11%
- Good school for the major, but needs improvements10%
- Great School but defiantly needs work!6%
- I am a transfer, but I have been helped immensely3%