At Johnson & Wales University, we want you to imagine everything your future can be. And then we’ll help you work toward it—because when you work, so does your education. And your options are as open as your potential.
Since 1914, our goal has been for students to make the most of their time at college—to bring out their potential and turn it into a career. Through education that instills a love of learning to industry connections that put that love into practice, we work by your side to turn your passion into a life.
More than 7,300 students live, work and play at JWU’s flagship campus where life is nonstop through clubs, organizations, social events and over 20 varsity sports competing at the NCAA III level. Situated in an equally vibrant city, Providence, RI has a thriving arts and music scene, professional sports and access to 400 miles of nearby coastline.
Branch Campuses of Johnson & Wales University- Providence
Johnson & Wales University- Providence Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.156 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.179 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.178 responses
Culinary Arts and Food Service503 Graduates
Restaurant and Food Services Management423 Graduates
Baking and Pastry Arts305 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management185 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies173 Graduates
Fashion and Apparel Merchandising108 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration78 Graduates
Home to Over 30 James Beard Award Finalists
Through our bachelor’s degree program in Culinary Arts, you’ll learn the craft of culinary arts in top-notch labs under the guidance of expert chef-instructors. Our graduates have established some of the best restaurants, and this year over 30 alum were nominated as finalists for the James Beard Foundation Awards, the culinary world’s version of the Oscars. Want to be the best? Apply to JWU today!
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.201 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.242 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.107 responses