Johnson & Wales University - Denver Reviews

Johnson & Wales is a wonderful college. They are very informational when it came to giving you to tour. Johnson & Wales is a has many different subjects to study other than just the culinary arts. Their culinary arts program is well known and an excellent program.
This was one of the best experiences of my life. The teachers at this university are amazing i don't know what I would have done if I didn't have the support of my teachers and friends that I made. This school is awesome and I recommend everyone who is looking into the business administration & management program to definitely check out this college.
The community is small, but that allows for a closer experience with peers and faculty. The campus can be boring at times, but if you get involved with student organizations it's not that bad. I sometimes wished the academic aspect was more rigorous. Overall, it is a nice community.
Start Your Review of Johnson & Wales University - Denver
Johnson and Wales has been a great fit for me. The small campus size and great teachers has really impacted my learning experience. Our teachers work in the field for which they are teaching classes for giving us another level or experience during our class time. The only thing that could be changed about JWU is our dinning experience. For being a culinary school we are a let down when it comes to on campus dinning.
I liked that there is such a diverse group of people who go to this school. You can get a wide range of degrees from an English degree all the way to a Culinary degree. Most colleges do not offer a degree when it comes to culinary so this is what made this school stick out to me.
The campus is beautiful. There are a ton of things to do around the campus. Denver is a very beautiful and entertaining place. The professors are super knowledgeable and have experience in their field. They help you register for classes and help you map out all your classes throughout the years. The dorms are nice and there are plenty of living options off of campus as well. Attending Johnson & Wales was the vest decision I have ever made.
The size of the JWU campus is great! You get more one on one time with your professors. They also made my first year of college really easy. They are very helpful! The community is fantastic!
I love the campus and class sizes! I'd like to see a push for a more sustainable campus and a track field on campus!
I love it, it is so homey and the teacher is very nice. the classes I have taken so far are my favorite and I'm learning new and interesting things. For the first time, I actually like communications class and telling speeches. the campus is very pretty and some class it the Hogwarts of all the campuses. we even got some students the went to the other campus that came here saying it was better and prettier. the area is great, surrounded by shopping places for easy access for the students. the only thing I would change is the cafeteria food. a lot of students are complaining, it isn't very good.
I love JWU Denver. In the fall I got the opportunity to play on the women's soccer team where I became connected with the school and made many great friends. In academics as a freshman I took classes that everyone has to take like English and communication skills. However, in the winter and spring I get to take Baking and Pastry labs part of the culinary arts college. I am already taking classes that focus on my major.
Overall the food is okay. From what I understand it is a lot better than other universities. I always find something that looks good. What has helped me in college is becoming involved and working my hardest in everything.
My experience at Johnson and Wales in Denver has been fantastic. The instructors are incredibly helpful and I love the small classes and hands on approach. It has really been a wonderful experience and I've met some great people along the way. I would definitely recommend this school, especially to anyone considering culinary school. They really want you to succeed and do everything they can to help you do so.
I really like the community feel of JWU, it's not a huge campus with thousands of people, it's more of a community. The student board hosts tons of campus events to get involved in. The class sizes are small so the professors know who you are and work with you on individualized learning. The athletics are great, especially the soccer program!
At this school we do have a few classes that are online that you can take based on preference dont take them but some people do enjoy they
the professors hired at our school are all great they are coming from the industry or are still currently working that they know what is going on which is great. the variety of classes offered could be better but there is still plenty of things to chose from.
for my major Baking & pastry as well as Food service management there are alot of intern opportunities available being in dernver you can do it at a hotel or a small bakery even a dessert bar.
the career center does well with helping students find the job they want after they graduate as well as with resume building.
its great since classes only meet two times a week and you can take as many as four in a day if that's what you chose you have room to work or do as you please . you also get to pick if you want early morning classes or later at night.
Start Your Review of Johnson & Wales University - Denver
This school does well when it comes to both job and internships the host fairs for both through out the year as well the have an office that can help with both the whole year as well as host mock interviews before you go to help ease the anxiety for the next big interview if you need it.
my overall experience at this school has been great, a lot of the professors want you to do well and are wanting to help you succeed all they ask is that you try your very best at everything they ask you to do. Coming into college i was worried that i would get lost in the crowd but at this school being the small atmosphere it is it is difficult to get lost which is one of the many things i love about this school.
My overall experience at Johnson and Wales has been quite convenient and accommodating, however when it comes to class flexibility there is a 50/50 flip on class flexibility and availability, early daytime or afternoon. Which is a bit frustrating, however not a deal breaker. The ease of transcripts and credits was not as smooth as it should have been, however I am sure that there were consequences in the background that I had no knowledge of.

For the most part I am enjoying being a student at Johnson and Wales.