Johns Hopkins University Reviews

1,307 reviews
I am currently enrolled in the Engineering for Professionals program which allows me to complete my Masters degree while also maintaining my full time job. I absolutely love it and the material and help you get from every single one of the staff is absolutely worth the money. The lectures are easy to follow and the graded work is also good. It is interesting because while I do most of my classes online, closer towards graduation I must go out to JHU and complete an in person lab. This really helps bring it all together and makes it feel like I am in a classroom environment.
Attending Johns Hopkins after four years at a mediocre public high school in Rhode Island changed my life. JHU taught me many things in addition to all the book learning such as independence, time management, the value of hard work, and the knowledge that I could compete with the smartest kids around.
Start Your Review of Johns Hopkins University
No online experience as I am far too old for that. I’m sure it would have been fine but I can’t comment on it.
In general, online learning is more difficult than when taking courses in-person. Some professors did their best, while others struggled with technology or even basic course structuring.
Hopkins undoubtedly challenges you academically. This may be due to the coursework/material itself, or because some professors can lack basic teaching skills.
imagine when being depressed is a personality here. omegalul
The online classes I took were due to the COVID-19 crisis, so the professors weren't really prepared to teach a course online, but it ended up being okay.
It's a great place to go to college! I love the people and the campus, and everything is amazing! However, if there were one thing to work on, they need to do a better job of communication. Especially with the COVID-19 crisis going on, they never really told us anything about their plans until less than a week ago, and students need more time to make a decision about their plans.
Johns Hopkins is one of the best schools in the country to attend! If you want to do undergraduate research, then look no further; you have found the perfect place. The campus is small, so it is pretty easy to get to where you want to be. If you don't have a car, then you shouldn't worry because you won't have to drive anywhere. Johns Hopkins is also very strong for STEM and pretty much anything medical related.
My online learning experience at Johns Hopkins has been hard to adjust to since I am used to being taught in person. Despite the challenges that I faced, I will try my best to keep learning and to never give up even when the obstacles are stacked against me.
I did not take classes online during my time at Johns Hopkins so cannot opine on this question of the survey.
I had a lovely time in my undergraduate experience at Hopkins. I learned a lot, and your classmates are extremely intelligent. There are issues and areas where the school could improve, but overall I learned a lot and met great people.
I took online courses for the spring semester due to the covid-19 cases that arose and resulted in the closing of the school. The classes were mostly updated online and put on Blackboard which was beneficial for future reference and maintaining the neatness of the class notes. The teachers are very understanding of the situation and do their best to help with the change of learning format.
Johns Hopkins has very challenging courses and greatly promotes innovative and divergent thinking. Although the rigorous workload can be overwhelming at times, it is very beneficial in terms of dealing with stress, time management, and finding your true passion in life.
Tremendous faculty. Blend between business and public health programs enables using different lenses to view problems from different angles. Online programs are well-considered, and alumni network is amazing.
Amazing online experience - particularly in the middle of the pandemic. Faculty are exceptional online teachers and are available every day of the week.
Start Your Review of Johns Hopkins University
I am a rising sophomore at the Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering majoring in engineering and computer science. I had a great freshman year despite finishing with 44 credits in some very challenging courses. Professors not TA's taught my courses and they as well as their TA's did a great job of being accessible when I needed assistance. Hopkins offers additonal tutoring and review sessions which were very helpful. The classes were small and intimate and I felt comfortable and engaged and the content was right on target with my expectations. I was also able to obtain a research assistant position as a freshman and was able to meet directly with the department chair which was thrilling. Johns Hopkins has met and exceeded my expectations. I have found the environment to be challenging but collaborative and not competitive at all. Even with the pandemic, my freshman year turned out to be a great one THANKS to Johns Hopkins!
My online learning experience has been great with little or no disruption from my in-person coursework. The professors, TA's and Hopkins administration have been wonderful, understanding, compassionate and patient due to COVID-19. Being at Hopkins online and in-person have both been a great experience!
Online learning is definitely a hard transition. I believe students can get used to this type of learning with time, however, it is no comparison to in-person classes. I wholeheartedly prefer and believe that in-person classes are much better learning wise with various collaboration opportunities and overall the atmosphere is much better. I understand the need for online classes during COVID-19, but school cannot be online forever.