Johns Hopkins University is ...
Johns Hopkins University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.87 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.86 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.86 responses
Most Popular Majors
Public Health141 Graduates
Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering123 Graduates
International Relations and National Security Studies95 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology94 Graduates
Cellular Biology93 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics80 Graduates
Creative Writing68 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.94 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.118 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.55 responses
Johns Hopkins University Reviews
I am a first year graduate student in their online Museum Studies program. So far, I love everything about Johns Hopkins University. My professors have been very attentive and answer all my questions quickly, the work is very relevant and there are so many resources to help me. JHU's admissions office and academic advisors have been in constant contact with me, making sure I was all set for the semester. My student alumni ambassador is a wonderful person who has been helping me with JHU on a personally experienced level as she has graduated from the same program. I am proud to be a part of the JHU community!
Hopkins has classes you can take in every subject imaginable and expansive academic resources. But if you're a student of color on campus (especially if you're black like me), those resources have the power to make a fundamental difference in your experience. I’m not always sure the prestige is worth it as the school is very demoralizing for all students. The library operates as a student center because there is no other option. The school’s Facebook meme page is only filled with stress-inspired depressing self-deprecating jokes. The atmosphere lacks joy and new college experiences. It's sad, anxiety-inducing, and academic resources do not equal personal ones, with a month-long waitlist for the counseling center. I lament my decision to attend this school so much that I explicitly tell admitted students-of-color to not come here. If you take anything from this review, take this: when every student feels the exact same way about a school, you should stop and wonder why.
Hopkins has a beautiful cohesive campus and great facilities. Freshman housing is standard, no frills. The FFC dining hall food is actually decent catering to a wide variety of diets. The library is very nice with study environments for different occasions including dead silent reading rooms, cubicles, and group study rooms that can be reserved ahead of time. Because it is always poppin' even on weekends, this can become problematic especially during finals week as students struggle to find a nice quiet study space. Students here are smart quirky, and down to earth. Many many premeds. Although social scene isn't great, nightlife is there for those who seek it. The work is challenging but the atmosphere here is not "cut throat" contrary to popular belief. Overall I have enjoyed my experiences here making meaningful friendships with students who are talented, driven, and genuinely passionate about what they are studying.