John Carroll University Reviews

John Carroll University is a little gem in a suburb of Cleveland. I am so happy I happened to find my way here. The professors are wonderful and truly care about your performance and overall wellbeing. The community is close knit and the people are friendly.
John Carroll University is a small scale Jesuit school with beautiful old style buildings. Definitely could use updates on interior. Can be a rewarding experience if you get involved. There's plenty of opportunity to do mission and volunteer work. JCU sports are very successful and sporting events are fun to attend. The party scene is decent because house parties are broken up by cops constantly because students live in family neighborhoods. Great location to get to downtown Cleveland with a short Uber or Lyft ride!
Close attention from professors, students well-connected, learn how to think globally, constantly learning how to help others, made aware of viewpoints that oppose your own, heavy collaboration with peers and professors in the classroom, unparalleled career resources and professional connections for students (especially within Boler School of Business), good cafeteria
Review John Carroll University
John Carroll is a very welcoming community. It has a beautiful campus and decent food. Some of the dorms could be renovated.
Great! The atmosphere is welcoming and made the adjustment from high school to college a breeze. The students and professors are some of the greatest people you will ever meet.
John Carroll University is a wonderful college to further your education while learning useful, everyday life skills all while building lasting relationships.
John Carroll is truly a home away from home. It is a small campus that allows for smaller class sizes which allows for better relationships with professors. The faculty here really care about you and your academic experience. An example of this is when I was struggling in a class, I went to my professor's office hours and she was so accommodating, even letting me do extra work to boost my grade. The students are very welcoming as well. Everyone holds the doors open for you, people will say hi even if you don't know them, and it is an overall positive community. Lastly, it's proximity to the city of Cleveland allows for a lot of school-sponsored outings to sporting events, local restaurants, and festivals. Overall, John Carroll is a place that makes me feel welcome and safe and I can't imagine attending any other school.
During my first year at John Carroll, I struggled a little bit adjusting. However, I quickly fell in love after I started getting involved on campus. I became a part of service programs, immersion trips, and retreats. I made friends through both students and faculty that will last a lifetime. John Carroll is a close-knit community that cares for each other; everyone is family. The campus is beautiful, the academics are top-notch, and the athletics teams are always exciting to watch!
JCU Pd is always around to help or call, and the campus is small so they can typically get there pretty quickly.
Pacelli is literally the worst place to live on campus. But once you've finished your freshmen year your other options aren't bad.
The people in Greek life are all pretty friendly here. And if you choose to join I'm sure you'll have fun.
If your on a sports team it's a lot of fun but if you aren't its cliquey. All the sports teams are pretty good though, and the games are fun to watch
The class sizes are small so professors can actually get to know their students. Also a smaller school allows for me to meet people earlier.
John Carroll University priority is to keep students safe. There are always campus patrol along with police patrol. Security is available at odd hours and willing to help students and aid in their safety.
I felt my freshman year dorm was more spacious and the building was in better shape than this year. The Millore house is run down I feel and not as appealing as the other buildings. It defenitely needs updating. The students and R/A are very friendly and the promotion of family is stressed.
The football team at John Carroll University is the most popular sport both in involvement of playing and also supported by student body. School Spirit is infectious and promotes unity among students.
I would choose John Carroll University all over again. It is a friendly campus and the atmosphere is driven towards academics. My major is competitive as a sophomore aspiring to become an Oncologist. John Carroll provides all the resources for students to succeed. I feel it is a goal oriented University in which students are encouraged to serve the community and join clubs of their interest which promotes their field of choice. I am thoroughly enjoying my college experience thus far and look forward to the remaining two years ahead.
Review John Carroll University
Class sizes were nice and small. I enjoyed having small classes because everyone is able to discuss their opinions. The professors were very caring and helpful. Some teachers even offered extra credit to help us out which I really appreciated. The courses were not easy but they were not so hard that I couldn't do the work. I spent a great quality of time in the library studying.
I have not yet been a part of any internships but I have heard that many students have been set up with places like the Cleveland Clinic to have paid internships. I know that experience helps an individual receive a job that they want,
I think campus is safe but not completely safe. I don't think you can trust everyone. But if I was in need of help or needed a friend to walk me across campus late at night I know they wouldn't hesitate to walk me to my car.