1. University Heights, OH
  2. 4 Year

John Carroll University Reviews

JCU Pd is always around to help or call, and the campus is small so they can typically get there pretty quickly.
Pacelli is literally the worst place to live on campus. But once you've finished your freshmen year your other options aren't bad.
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
The people in Greek life are all pretty friendly here. And if you choose to join I'm sure you'll have fun.
If your on a sports team it's a lot of fun but if you aren't its cliquey. All the sports teams are pretty good though, and the games are fun to watch
The class sizes are small so professors can actually get to know their students. Also a smaller school allows for me to meet people earlier.
John Carroll University priority is to keep students safe. There are always campus patrol along with police patrol. Security is available at odd hours and willing to help students and aid in their safety.
I felt my freshman year dorm was more spacious and the building was in better shape than this year. The Millore house is run down I feel and not as appealing as the other buildings. It defenitely needs updating. The students and R/A are very friendly and the promotion of family is stressed.
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
The football team at John Carroll University is the most popular sport both in involvement of playing and also supported by student body. School Spirit is infectious and promotes unity among students.
I would choose John Carroll University all over again. It is a friendly campus and the atmosphere is driven towards academics. My major is competitive as a sophomore aspiring to become an Oncologist. John Carroll provides all the resources for students to succeed. I feel it is a goal oriented University in which students are encouraged to serve the community and join clubs of their interest which promotes their field of choice. I am thoroughly enjoying my college experience thus far and look forward to the remaining two years ahead.
I have not yet been a part of any internships but I have heard that many students have been set up with places like the Cleveland Clinic to have paid internships. I know that experience helps an individual receive a job that they want,
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
Class sizes were nice and small. I enjoyed having small classes because everyone is able to discuss their opinions. The professors were very caring and helpful. Some teachers even offered extra credit to help us out which I really appreciated. The courses were not easy but they were not so hard that I couldn't do the work. I spent a great quality of time in the library studying.
I think campus is safe but not completely safe. I don't think you can trust everyone. But if I was in need of help or needed a friend to walk me across campus late at night I know they wouldn't hesitate to walk me to my car.
I do not live on campus. I have been in the dorms and some are nicer than others. I remember it being extremely hot in Dolan! But other than that the dorms were well kept and the students on the floors were very welcoming.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
I honestly do not know that much about Greek life. But whenever my classmates speak about it they always sounds so enthusiastic! They say that the people involved become like a family to them and it is nice to see familiar faces around. They help each other study and get involved with activities to help the community.
I worked in the athletic office my second semester at John Carroll. So many students participate in sports! Their friends and families all come out to support them during games. I think that the most popular sports at John Carroll were football and volleyball. The crowds are always full of spirit and cheer their school teams on!
I am a commuter and my first year at John Carroll was very interesting from me. I think for a commuter it is a little harder to make friends because I did not have the opportunity to have a roommate or friends from a dorm room. I did meet so many great people at my school though. I decided to work on campus and it was one of my best decisions. The students I worked along with were so kind and helpful. It was always so nice to walk across campus and see friendly and familiar faces. I love John Carroll so much, I would not choose another school because I feel at home at this college.
From my experience thus far I believe the atmosphere and dorms themselves are everything and more a college student expects their first year.
  • College Freshman
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
I'm honestly not very sure about our Greek life.
Being a varsity athlete myself I think the athletics as well as the facilities are great on our campus. Many students whether varsity athletes or not are involved in athletics. Whether playing or just cheering our student involvement and the universities involvement as a whole is big!
Choosing a Jesuit college I am able to find my faith and service opportunities at my own will. It's encouraged to grow yourself into a better person by the end of your four years. I have already felt a sense of family and pride coming to John Carroll University and for those reasons alone I would choose John Carroll over again.