John Carroll University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.58 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.58 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.59 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.71 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.34 responses
John Carroll University Reviews
John Carroll is a unique and exceptional school. It’s is in a safe suburban area but it is also 15 minutes away from pro sports, theaters, museums, parks, bowling, laser tag, shopping, great restaurants and great health care. There are so many opportunities for internships, research, service, immersion trips and study abroad. Class sizes are small and professors truly care about their students and are willing to help them succeed. Athletic teams are very good and often win the conference and the office of student engagement has so many free and fun activities for students. People on campus are very nice. Students are at JCU for an education, classes are rigorous and there is always help when needed. Campus is beautiful and there are stress reducers like yoga, meditation and chair massages are available. Love it at JCU!
John Carroll is an academically exceptional school. They have a rigorous core curriculum and the major requirements are equally challenging. It is technically a Catholic school, but the Catholic presence is hardly felt at times. It is politically left-leaning. The professors are incredibly personable and available to help their students. That is perhaps my favorite part about the university. There is truly no greater resource to college students than having professors who care about your academic career and success. There have been countless occasions where the help or advice of a professor has totally altered my performance in a class for the better. The students are all very respectful and hard-working. The facilities are actually quite nice, with the interiors of the buildings in excellent condition. The technology is above average.
During my first year at John Carroll, I struggled a little bit adjusting. However, I quickly fell in love after I started getting involved on campus. I became a part of service programs, immersion trips, and retreats. I made friends through both students and faculty that will last a lifetime. John Carroll is a close-knit community that cares for each other; everyone is family. The campus is beautiful, the academics are top-notch, and the athletics teams are always exciting to watch!