COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
In-person and virtual visits are available to prospective students. JBU's interdepartmental task force continues to monitor the coronavirus outbreak and make decision in accordance with directives from the Arkansas Department of Health, the CDC, the World Health Organization and the U.S. State Department. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B+
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade B+
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade C minus
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade B minus
- Dormsgrade A minus
- Campus Foodgrade C+
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A minus
Put Christ over all
Belong in community
Get a top-notch and highly ranked education
At JBU, you'll be actively encouraged to follow Jesus and to serve others in all areas of life. And while there are many Christian colleges, our interdenominational culture is unique. Your time here will expose you to a beautiful variety of Christian traditions that will broaden your understanding of what it means to follow Christ.
Our community of good friends and caring mentors will help you thrive and enjoy life. Through chapel, campus events, small groups and more, you'll connect with others and develop lasting friendships. Your professors will know your name and personally invest in your success: academically, spiritually and professionally.
A rigorous and Christ-centered education from JBU will equip you for a successful career and a life of purpose. JBU is ranked Arkansas' #1 University by The Wall Street Journal (2020) and the Best Value Christian College in Arkansas by Money Magazine (2020).
John Brown University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 29 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 29 responses
- Business94 Graduates
- Nursing27 Graduates
- Engineering24 Graduates
- Psychology19 Graduates
- Graphic Design18 Graduates
- Accounting17 Graduates
- International Business16 Graduates
- Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries16 Graduates
- Biology14 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities14 Graduates
Nursing at John Brown University
JBU's hands-on program will prepare you become a stand out nurse. High-fidelity patient simulators offer a low-risk way to practice responding to real-life medical scenarios and equip you to provide safe, patient-centered care. JBU's senior capstone course and its internship component are specifically designed to prepare you to pass the NCLEX exam for obtaining licensure as a registered nurse.
- Godly and spiritually motivated72%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 27 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 44 responses
- Great community.22%
- Spiritually sound and inclusive of all17%
- Good community. Restricted atmosphere.6%
- Home away from home6%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 22 responses