John Brown University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Christian (General)
NAIA Division I
Sooner Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management129 Graduates
Family and Community Services29 Graduates
Graphic Design27 Graduates
Early Childhood Education23 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities22 Graduates
Construction Management16 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.26 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.43 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.22 responses
John Brown University Reviews
Great college. Professors are very engaged and genuinely care about the students. Very small class sizes, which creates a close-knit environment. The tuition is high, but it is a very good quality education. One complaint is the meal plan. There are currency 3 different meal plan options. They differ in the number of meals per week and amount of DBD's usable in the campus cafe'. However, each meal plan is the same cost! You cannot get a cheaper meal plan until you move out of the regular dorm. The meal plans are expensive. Overall, great college! Definitely recommend.
Proud and thankful to be a JBU grad! A Christ centered and hugely supportive faculty and staff was just what was needed as a middle aged single parent returning to school with small children. I was challenged, educated, and encouraged to become my best over the entire 4 years. An unfortunate mistake occurred by one department and person only upon my graduation (cum laud) that put my name wrong in employment packets and prevented me from being considered for employment, when I and my kids needed it the most. It took over a year for me to find out why my packets were being discarded, as they spelled my name different ways on the different documents sent out from JBU. I forgave and moved on and eventually fixed it all and got a job, but it shouldn't have happened at all. That is my only complaint about the school and entire experience.
The people really do make jbu. The professors work together with students and other faculty to make the most out of our time at the school and there aren’t many colleges out there where the class is small enough for the professor to make dinner for and actually have a real and lasting relationship with their students! Overall, I have loved JBU and my experience there!