Jefferson Community & Technical College Reviews

So unorganized some teachers are just there because it's a JOB. They take all your time with full week schedules and end up sitting in class most of the time.
People have families at home and they just don't seem to care. I really feel that I go to class for no reason. Sometimes
I enjoy my program and the instructors. They're truly there for the students and have our best interest at heart. However the administration is useless, one hand is never knowing what the other is doing. Communication is horrible, being left on hold for 30+ minutes or being transferred to five or six people who can't actually help you after all. By the time you reach the person that can, they aren't in the office and won't call you back despite leaving a voice mail. However the instructors for the aviation school are true advocates and anything that needs to be done with the administration, they will do what they can on your behalf. Would I choose this school to get just any degree from? Probably not, but for it being the only aviation program in the area it is well worth it.
Jctc has been great to me so far. My professors are more than great when it comes to communicating and getting the extra help that I need. This stress free environment has helped me have a enjoyable freshman year of college. I will definitely tell people about it.
Start Your Review of Jefferson Community & Technical College
I attended the Jefferson Community and Technical college campus in Shelbyville, Kentucky for three years. I started in high school and took two classes at a discount as a senior which was incredibly helpful as it gave me a head start on my college career. I found that JCTC offered a kind of stepping stone for me from high school to college and helped me to be prepared to be responsible for reaching my goals. I always felt that the staff were there to help me with my education path and had my best interests in mind. Now that I am attending Eastern Kentucky University I am incredibly grateful that I had JCTC to help me save some money that I can now put toward the cost of university. The one thing I could suggest to the school, though the rural location makes it difficult, is to look into food trucks or other food options for students during the day. JCTC is a great place to learn and grow and I would recommend JCTC to anyone seeking higher education.
I like the small class sizes, I think it is very beneficial to students. However, I do think that they should enforce a stricter absence policy.
I think it's a great school. The place is nice and wonderful. Students are helpful if ask for help, other than that, they all are quiet and it's hard to make friends. The teachers are good and the advisers are nice and great but not that helpful. Some of the workers from computer room or whatever they call it, they are not helpful and scary. Overall, I think it is a great school.
My experience with Kctcs has been nothing but great. Administration is always there to help even if it means they have to come in earlier or stay later.
so far this college is great only a few flaws. they should change the way credits are distributed since there are classes that give 5 and you end up with 11 credits which isnt concidered full time so you have to take on another stressful 3 credit hour class which gives you 14 hours if you think 12 was hard imagine 14 and 5 classses
I just like it because it's affordable and its welcoming to everybody. I recommend this college to anyone. It might be small but it has lots of events happening.
The opportunities for classes are endless. There are hybrid classes, normal classes and online classes. They offer many exceptions to anyone who may need them.
Some of the teachers at JCTC aren't that great, but I feel like there are very few of those kinds of teachers there. Most of my teachers were great and were very passionate about what they taught as well as cared about their students and were willing to help them any way they could.
I like Jefferson Community college because of the instructors I have had and also felt safe. The only thing I disnt like was childcare waiting list its to many people who need ot to come to class to experience in class.
They have very helpful throughout my college career. The advisors are always there to help you choose the right path to get you on the right track for your major. I feel like the teachers actually care about their students success as well.. every teacher I have had has helped me when I seemed to lose motivation so I am very appreciative
I like that the campus is small, it provides a nice transition from high school to college setting without being overwhelmed. But there isn't much student activity outside of the classroom and other than vending machines, there's no food besides the gas station down the road, and they don't even have cold sandwiches so when you have to be one campus for more than three classes, the food options are really limited.
I’m loving my college experience at JCTC. The atmosphere campus and the teachers are great. The teachers just don’t teach they challenge you and that what is needed in life.
I decided to choose a college that I was able to afford. To me I get the same education from Jefferson Community and Technical College than I would get from a four year college. You get one on one with the teachers and they get to know you because you don't have that many in a classroom. They are very helpful and understanding.
I would like for there to be fair opportunity, second chances & fair decisions. Other than that it a great college
Start Your Review of Jefferson Community & Technical College
I love the teachers and the work is challenging. The overall school could be more organized. Otherwise it's a good place to start your college career.
This is great for people who can not afford to go straight to a 4 year university. It's much more affordable and you can complete awesome two year programs, or you can complete a 2 year degree and transfer to a 4 year university for completion.
This community college was wonderful to me. The learning I've received here has thoroughly prepared me for my future in medicine.