- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB
The Mission of Jacksonville University is to prepare each student for life-long success in learning, achieving, leading and serving.
This mission will be accomplished as a small, comprehensive, independent university community located within a vibrant urban setting. The University serves an ethnically and geographically diverse, predominantly undergraduate student body, as well as adult learners in selected undergraduate, masters, doctorate, and professional certification programs.
The Jacksonville University learning community will provide personalized service, close student-faculty interaction and an extensive array of educational and co-curricular programs. Our learning experience will emphasize engaged learning, the integration of thinking with doing, and the combination of professional preparation with a strong liberal arts foundation.
Jacksonville University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.47 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.51 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.50 responses
Marine science is the interdisciplinary study of the oceans, estuaries, and inland seas of the world. For more than 50 years, Jacksonville University has claimed the dolphin as its mascot. Now can you imagine living with real dolphins – plus manatee, sharks, stingrays and more – in your own backyard?
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.61 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.71 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.35 responses
Jacksonville University Reviews
Something to be aware of is the significant cost of tuition at JU. They offer scholarships but many students, including myself, have large financial debt because of the decison to attend a private university.
Overall, the campus is beautiful and peaceful. It hugs the curve of the St. John's River and early in the morning you can see wildlife on its banks. It's a nice change of pace for a school in the confines of a city.