Jacksonville State University Reviews

Jacksonville State University is a university I recommend to everyone. The professors there genuinely care for their students and are willing to help. The staff at the university does everything they can to help the students get involved. These events range from the sophomore cook out held at the beginning of the school year to midnight breakfast in Jack Hopper Dining Hall for exam week. Another example is family day to help your whole family get involved and experience the university. Jacksonville State is doing its job in preparing me to be successful in life and in my career in Sports Management. One small aspect Jacksonville State can improve on is adding more degree programs. Students transfer from this university only to pursue their career goals that are not offered there.
They are a very friendly university who focuses on the success of each and every student. I enjoyed taking courses here.
Jacksonville State has been such a great experience for me. I never realized how much I would like college. I wish that the classes wasn't as hard as I thought. My favorite thing about college is the scenery. We have the most beautiful campus. I have meet so many friends. I love JSU!!
Start Your Review of Jacksonville State University
Beautiful campus! They have a chick-fil-a and an excellent coffee shop in their Houston-Cole Library. Also a great school to do dual enrollment with!
Overall a good experience. Myself and some friends of mine seem to have issues with a few our professors. Coming from a smaller college, I almost never had an issue with how professors treat students until I came here.
Jacksonville is a great community. Everyone on campus is friendly and has your back. There is a strong pursuit for academic success.
I enjoy going to school here. My main complaints would be the internet strength in some places and the poor quality of some teachers' classes.
My experience so far at Jacksonville State University has been very good. Everyone, faculty and staff, are all really nice and they actually want to help with whatever it is that you would need. The classes are really fun too, fairly small which is good for people you dot want to be surrounded by so many people in one class.
"The Friendliest Campus in The South," that's what Jacksonville State truly is. From the first time I stepped on campus I knew I was at home. Jacksonville is like a huge family, from the professors to the student body, everyone makes you feel right at home.
JSU is a very cozy campus. There are tons of neat and fun things to do on campus. Most professors are very kind and helpful.
Jacksonville State University is a great starter school for small town students. There are a variety of majors and subjects that would satisfy anyone. The teachers are great and intriguing. One thing that could change is the staff in the Bursar's office as many mistakes and hold ups have been prevalent lately.
I really enjoyed my time at Jacksonville State. The campus is small enough to feel home-y but not too big where it's overwhelming. My teachers were all concerned with their students' success. I had an amazing experience with all my classes and I feel prepared to dive into my career field. There are many opportunities to make new friends and become involved. Unfortunately the city of Jacksonville does not offer much for college night life, but the city is very supportive of athletics and provides a lots of activities surrounding them. I am proud to have received my degree from JSU and I know it will help me with my next steps in life.
The campus is beautiful. The students are extremely nice and helpful. The professors are also extremely nice and eager to help you achieve your goals .
Jacksonville State is a very welcoming school. As an international student, the school is known to support its multicultural diversity with students enrolled from 60 plus countries. The students are exposed and encouraged to engage in school activities that promote the well-being of said students.
I like the size of the university. It is small enough where I can easily have a good one-on-one connection with instructors and big enough where I don't see the same people everyday. They have a wide variety of accredited degree programs and opportunities.
Beautiful campus, great professors. Location is great near to 3 large cities for shopping and dinning off campus. Great local bookstores counselors are very dedicated to helping students feel at home.
As an upcoming senior at Jacksonville State University I have seen a lot of changes that have been made as I have been here through the years. I enjoyed student life at my school before I joined a sorority and I still continue to love everything that they offer. As incoming students come to our school there are so many activities offered around campus so that you can get to know others and the place that you will be calling home for the next few years. I also like that they have a tutoring facility (which I have worked in) to help students that may be struggling. The only down side that seems to be improving is the food. Our cafe has not been the best in the past but they are listening to our complaints and making improvements in the menu options. We also have retail dining options that everyone loves.
Start Your Review of Jacksonville State University
The Marching Southerners are spectacular, and the stadium is pretty great. This a growing University so the costs are rising very quickly. I recommend coming here after community college, or if you have a lot of AP credits.
Jacksonville is fantastic. The food is extremely good and so are the people. The teachers actually care and want to help you. It's my favorite place ever.
I march with the Southerners at JSU so I'm constantly doing something, but the other proffessors are normally really understanding. I've been here almost 3 years and i haven't made below a B yet.