Jackson State University Reviews

1,201 reviews
So far the time I've spent at Jackson State University has been excellent. The professors are friendly the campus is easy to learn. The upkeep of the campus is top of the line and all my classes are in close proximity of one another. The police on campus aren't too pushy. They let me in a week early so I could explore the campus and learn the layout. And the campus offers a wide food selection from what they cook up themselves to fast food restaurants on campus. So all in all my experience so far has been excellent and I hope this review will inspire others to join the tiger family.
Jackson State is a great university and has great opportunities for their students. They have many great majors and students who care about their school.
I am a transfer student. I will be attending this coming Fall. I am excited to see what’s in store for me. So far my experience with just the admissions and business has been great. Everybody that I have came across has been nothing but sweet and helpful. As for the students they are very friendly. People will speak to you instead of staring at you.
Start Your Review of Jackson State University
I transferred to JSU from a 2 Year Community College. The transition was was easy and I received helped from each department.
My experience with Jackson State university is great, the faculty and staff welcomed me with open arms, it's my second home. What i will like to see change is having more restaurants and more school activities.
"Thee I Love." Whenever those significant three words are presented together as a unit, everyone knows they are a representation of THEE Jackson State University. I chose to take a tour to JSU during the springtime of my senior year of high school and immediately fell in love. Every student, staff and faculty member spoke with enthusiasm, which caused me to recognize that I was surrounded by a lot of southern hospitality. I felt that being an only child and advancing onward in a new state with thousands of people, a friendly environment like that would be a necessity and a healthy way of adjusting. Enrolling as a student at Jackson State University made it very easy to become involved in organizations, events, community service, etc. After my first year at JSU, I knew I had found my family. We really are a group of individuals that are accepting, supportive and collectively one. I would not change my decision at all and I would recommend "Thee I Love" to any and everyone.
So far my experience at Jackson State has been an exception one. As a person who considers themselves as an introvert, living on campus and attending this institution has open my eyes to new experiences and opportunities. The many school activities gives me an excuse to not stay in my room all day and meet new people who are helpful in my growth. The teachers have been nothing but influencial and knowledgeable. All the faculty and staff are ready to lend a helping hand whenever I need assistance. And this has been my first year at Jackson State. So far I am really enjoying being at Jackson State
I recommend everyone to attend Jackson state University. I’ve had fun experiences, learning wonderful things. Challenging minds changing lives.
I love how Jackson State University is a family. Everyone knows how to come together and get along. The student life is great, its always something to get into on campus and many things to get involved in. During football season on game day, I love the spirit and support everybody brings out, it is such a great atmosphere. The teacher there are willing to work with you and help you. The thing I will like to see change is the diversity, food and better dorms for students.
My time at Jackson State has really been what I've made it. You can either have a really bad experience, or make the most out of the cards you are dealt.
I went on a college tour here and we had two guides who had tons of energy and you could tell they really just had genuine love for the school! I learned alot about the school and got to take pictures with students there in a sorority.
I love Jackson State is a great HBCU! The campus is really nice and they have a lot of majors to choose from.
Jackson State University gave me the opportunity to venture away from home and explore a new culture. I was able to make new friends and become involved in honor societies that awarded me for my work in academics. My favorite place to visit on campus is the H.T. Sampson Library because it allows me to complete my homework peacefully. The on-campus police makes Jackson State University comforting and I feel safe when walking around campus. Campus life is amazing due to the wide range of fraternities and events hosted for students weekly. Overall, I recommend Jackson State University for anybody that is willing to discover a bright culture.
My experience at Jackson State was outstanding. My tour guide was excellent in showing me the different buildings on campus and the dorms. The students on campus were sweet and very pleasant to meet. Overall I love Jackson State University and amazed that I get to be a student on campus.
I love Jackson State University! The culture is amazing and I love the diversity on the campus. The school overall is like a big family. Everyone single individual welcomes you with warm hands and helps as much as possible. They strive off of excellence. Jackson State University challenges minds and changes lives!
This HBCU is awesome! From the sounds of the band to the exciting classes to the networking opportunities, you’ll definitely gain a wealth of knowledge and experience at Jackson State University.
My experience at Jackson State University has been an experience to remember. I have been enrolled at Thee Jackson State University since August of 2016. I have been on the Dean's list my entire time attending Jackson State University. There are great professor's their to challenge you academically and to help you to succeed. Also, there are always great activities going on around campus that we all are able to attend. It's also, great sports teams at Thee Jackson State University. Thee Jackson State University is a great University to attend.
Start Your Review of Jackson State University
Jackson State University has been an amazing experience. I was surrounded by other students of different backgrounds and learned from highly qualified experienced teachers who deeply care about their students. JSU is definitely the best HBCU out there, as it provides students with multiple opportunities as minorities to put their name on the map. I am a proud to call Jackson State my home and ALMA MATER!
I love the school overall. It is very uplifting, and education is the main goal. The environment is race friendly. There's several organizations on campus for everyone with certain needs.
A school that challenges me to improve myself and serve others, a school that has a welcoming environment and is steeped in history, and overall can challenge your mind and change lives is the perfect school for me. That school is Jackson State University (JSU). JSU is a good college choice for me because I always wanted to attend a Historically Black College and University (HBCU). Learning about the struggles our ancestors went through to obtain an education inspired me to become a teacher. It also motivated me to choose a HBCU in the south.Jackson State University I’ve gained amazing relationship with their students, faculty, and the community.