Jackson College Reviews

Obviously, with COVID I had to make the weird transition to all online. JC didn't miss a beat. We took an extra week of spring break so the professors could learn how to operate the classroom and they made the transition as smooth as possible. While it wasn't an ideal situation they handled it as best as they could.
Every professor I had a passion for their subject so my classes were easy to follow along in. Jackson College also had multiple campus locations so when I moved I was able to conveniently go to a different campus. Both campus locations I attended were up to date and stood out, especially for a smaller college.
When I came to visit this place, It was magical. All the exterior and interior looked up-to-date and beautiful. Didn't expect it to look so updated and well designed. Definitely and area to apply to. The people here are good as well.
Start Your Review of Jackson College
This, I can't speak upon because I've never taken it online. I did, however, take an online sign-up student form, and is a bit hard to understand some of the material, but manageable.
Classes start on the 31st but so far my academic advisor has been great. We were able to set up a phone meeting and any questions after that ive emailed. He always responds same day.
I'm excited to be going back to school and they have made the process easy and fun. Im a mom, wife, and I work full time. so this is goi g to be a fun year for my family.
I don’t start my online classes with them until next year, but in my opinion, it seems like a good college. I’ve spoke to people there via email, and they’re very understanding and passion about what they do. I can’t wait to start classes. The tuition is very cheap, and hopefully the teaching quality is great. Don’t be discouraged by their overall graduation rate. They have a lot of students that transfer.
It's a 50/50 shot at getting a professor that know what they're actually doing. Mediocre overall. Wasteful expenses are common and easy to tell. They use extremely loud gas-guzzling golf carts for their ground keeping staff to use, but the campus is so small it's hardly warranted. Loud lawnmowers are almost constantly out during the summer to try and keep their dying grass in shape - the grass is nowhere near as green as their website suggests.
Online learning is hit-and-miss. Almost all of them were shoved into 7-week periods and most professors are hardly computer literate. Just go somewhere else. For your own sanity.
My experience at Jackson College has been very well. I enjoyed meeting new people, and meeting my new professors. I liked that there were always activities to do every week. There also were different groups and clubs that you could join. While at the college the dorms were very nice and neat as well. There was a lot of space and storage. I lived with three other suit mates each person had their own room. No one had to share a room and there were two bathrooms. One thing I would want to change are the electives. I really would like to learn a different language, but they do not offer those type of electives at Jackson College.
Jackson College is full of Opportunites. they are not often displayed but they are there. everything is kinda far from the campus so you have to have a car. The SSC is the best part they have a pantry and tutoring for students who need it.
I have found the staff and faculty to be very helpful and friendly. I feel as though Jackson College is very ‘student success’ oriented. I was made aware of many helpful tools and resources during my enrollment.
Unfortunately some of the online, or hybrid classes I have taken were confusing and hard to navigate. But I understand that especially during a time like this, that the transition to online is not the most ideal for everyone, and I believe many teachers are trying their best to make it user-friendly.
I really enjoyed being at Jackson College for my first couple of years. I felt like I had so many resources available to me and enjoyed all of my classes much more because of it! It also allowed me the chance to be in an honors society, which I hadn't been able to do in high school.
So far I have really appreciated the help and kindness I have received from everyone at Jackson College. For me I had no idea even what the first steps were or what career path I wanted to pursue and JC navigators helped me decide on a path and create a plan to know what classes I needed and what the timeline would look like.
They are a very good college. It feels like home and I love all the people I have met so far. I have meet my future coach and I am excited to further my academic career here. I hope with this information that people will feel they have made the right choice in Jackson College
I really enjoy Jackson College it is a nice environment. I love living on campus, it is small, but you make a lot of new friends and can get extremely involved in many campus activities. One thing I would like to see different is changing their courses to 15 weeks instead of 7 week courses because even though the 7 weeks might work for some people, for others it is too fast of pace and too much information trying to be learned in such short time.
Start Your Review of Jackson College
I have only been here for 2 semesters and have experienced more racism I have every had in my whole life. When I first came here I didn’t really leave me house much went to school and back home and sometimes outings but never have I ever been on my own. My first semester here I was very disappointed to learn that the live in faculty and the SECURITY are extremely racist. Security is always “worried” about what people of my skin complexion and peers are doing they don’t even do their job, they make rules that only apply to us and aren’t written down. I wasn’t prepared and maybe I was naive to think that people aren’t bad people, but they are. The moral of this is to let any black person know to be cautious attending here.
Gave me no refund after 11 days (cost me $2,000). Very poor communication - getting answers for the general sonography program was like pulling teeth! My questions were straightforward and they still didn't answer them! Or if they did it was piecemeal and over the course of many days/weeks. I would never be able to recommend them. They just cheat you and give little to no help 😠
I liked the set up at the college and the overall experience. The other students are great but the teachers and academics needs work.