J Sargeant Reynolds Community College Reviews

Its a community college. There aren't many clubs and no sports so the student life is very poor, but academics are by far the best for Community colleges in the state.
So far, my experience has been pretty good. Just completed my first semester at Reynolds, and I managed to maintain a 4.0 with the help of great professors, and even greater friends/ study buddies/ accountability partners!
The professors are good. You can tell they've had a stellar educational background. Some things I'd like to see is a gym, or maybe a bigger cafe.
Start Your Review of J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
I would like to see more teachers who actually care about their students as well as friendlier staff in the financial aid office who actually want to help you with your problems.
I love the fact that you actually learn at Reynolds. The professors are excellent in preparing you for your career. However, the school could improvement with better organization.
I believe that this school is great for students who want the college feel but are not quite ready to go to a traditional 4 year university. The professors are great, there are great student events, and the students there are fun to be around. The only negative point that I have against this school is the financial aid department. They can definitely test your patience with their lack of urgency and organization. However, the overall experience there was great.
My experience was a challenging yet rewarding adventure. I would recommend that any young or old student that do not have a clue on what their next move in life is. Just take a semester a Reynolds I promise you, you will be satisfied and more knowledgeable than you previously was. My first semester at Reynolds I was hooked on the knowledge that I received I was dramatically challenged from high school to college. In college no one is telling you anything your on your own. I actually had to develop some study habits due to the lack of education I gained through high school. The key to college and life is good time management, if you can set a schedule and stick to it in this life or college you will be successful. College is the rest of your life so make it worth it learn, study and succeed.
Its a great college to get started in explicitly if you have financial strains. It runs just like any four year college just for the everyday average worker. Full time and part time student availability is also a option here to.
This is a great school for people going back to school for a quick certification or associates degree. There is no college feel at j sergeant. The food is terrible, but they do have activities
I enjoy J Sargent Reynolds Community College the staff is professional, fair, and strive to see it's students achieve and graduate. the college offers personal classroom interaction as well as hybrid an online classes. Improvements that I would like to see is more partnerships within the college for students to get internships as well as employment placement specialist to assist students with emplacement.
J. Sargeant Reynolds is a wonderful community college. They have 3 campuses.
One downtown , and Parham campus ,and the other one at Goochland.

I've only been to two campuses downtown ,and Parham campus. Parham campus gives you the feel of an actual 4 year university because you have to walk out side to get to your classes.
I went to J. Sargeant Reynolds as a part of the dual enrollment program and took an English course at the Parham road campus. It's surrounded by a really nice, quiet area as well as an area by a lot of food stops. The class was a little on the easy side, it's just that you had to do more work to get the grade you deserved. The professor I had was really cool and was really in tune with him students for the one semester I had him. All in all, it's a really nice place to get a good, decent education.
The advising can be very difficult at times and If you plan on transferring to a college other than VCU or ODU good luck because the transferring process can be a hassle. Make sure to look at ratemyprofessor.com otherwise you might have a difficult teacher.
J Sargeant is a wonderful community college to attend. I do however wish that the student adviser department were more helpful. My past experience with the advisers on campus were that it was a bother to ask for help. The staff in the advising department especially at the front desk were rude. I would like to see improvement in this department making it easier for students to get more assistance with signing up for classes.
I really like to be a part of J Sargeant Reynolds CC. I finished my pre requisites for nursing program. Most of my professors were great. English is not my first language, but I never felt alone or miss understood. Professors and classmates were supportive and understanding. Great school!
My experience at J Sargeant Reynolds is a wonderful and joyful time there with online and in class participation. The professors are wonderful and they take their teaching seriously but very interesting to keep you focus.
My classes aren't large, the professors are always thinking of creative ways to get the students involved and they really know how to relate and make connections with the students.
Start Your Review of J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
The professors are very adamant about the students succeeding. The workload isn't drowning but can be slightly overwhelming if time isn't managed well. The coursework is relevant to the major and is helpful in many other areas as well.
So far, I've enjoyed being on campus and being able to use the resources provided such as the on campus library, student areas, and the cafe. It's very easy to find a comfortable place on campus to either relax or study. The professors are really nice and put forth much effort to make sure students understand the material. The campus itself is beautiful and clean and overall a great place to get your education.
I think that the staff as well as school itself is amazing. Even thought when I first came here I was scared that I would get lost trying to find my place, it was easy to just ask someone and be escorted to class.