1. Columbus, IN
  2. 2 Year

Ivy Tech Community College - Columbus Reviews

Ivy Tech has been like a second home to me. I have never once felt out of place there. Everyone is so nice and comforting. My experience has been great. I chose this school because it had the exact degree that I wanted. The Surgical Technology program there is one of the best. The teacher that teaches it is the best teacher I've had since kindergarten. They have great extracurricular activities and plan special event throught the year to try and get students involved. I would recommend this college to anyone and everyone!
Ivy Tech is a great school for anybody whether you are looking to just start your prerequisites or get an associates program, they offer something for everyone. I started my path here at Ivy Tech to do my prerequisites and ended up staying to obtain an associates degree. The classes are small and teachers are very attentive. You need them day or night and they are there to help! The only thing I would change during my experience here would be the advising I received. My counselors were very nice, I just wish I would have had longer with them to talk about options. I also would have liked for them to discuss in more detail the process and what my long term goals for classes and graduating would look like.
I like Ivy Tech, I think it's a great school. They have a variety of classes, majors and ways to help you succeed as a student. The campus is small and I think that helps to keep distractions at a minimum. They don’t have athletic programs and that’s fine for me, as I don’t normally participate in sports. It’s a great school for adult students who are working full or part time jobs and even those with children. They offer classes in the evening in addition to their daytime classes, so it’s very flexible as far as working around each student’s schedule.
Review Your College
I had an overall good time. I met new people. My class wasn't too hard. The professor made the lessons interesting. There isn't anything I wan to change.
My experience at Ivy Tech Community College was wonderful. I was able to maintain a job as well as go to school since they offer online classes! I found that the online schooling was the way for me to go!
The workloads have been very easy to keep up with just like anything else in life you have to choose and maintain a schedule that works for you. Every on line class that I have taken has included discussion board giving an opportunity to learn how other students feel about the topics that we are learning about
I don't know too much about the post-grad services at this time I still have a while to go before I will be to that point. I do however feel that getting a job in my field will be no problem in this community
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
I personally have benefited from the on line classes. I work two jobs and find it easier to get my work done as time permits with my own schedule. Not having to go to class works much better and I never have any trouble getting help when I need it from the advisers
I think that once you complete your education at this school you will be able to get a job in your field with no problem. I believe that there are a lot of internship prospects and there are a lot of job openings in this area
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
I am earning an associates degree in human services there are a lot of programs in this community and on campus that help with my goal
I have completed three semesters and have never had an issue getting help when I needed it
Being at Ivy Tech is a great place to start your first year of college since you're barely getting a hand at the "college experience" you soon realize area that need improving while handling college.
Online classes are similar to face-to-face classes, except you complete the work on your own schedule.
All regions have a career services center which help with resumes and interviews. There is an alumni network for Ivy Tech grads, but I think the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society alumni association is better.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
The classes are offered both online and face-to-face, so you can choose whichever format you prefer. Classes are offered multiple times per week. Also, Ivy Tech has dozens of campuses which offer the same curriculum, meaning you can go to face-to-face classes that are close to home.
Ivy Tech only offers Associate's degrees, which means that some careers will be out of reach. But, the credits transfer to 4-year colleges. Ivy Tech's lower cost for classes means that you can start a degree at Ivy Tech and finish a bachelor's at a 4-year college, which can save thousands of dollars.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
I majored in Business Administration and Liberal Arts. The classes are easy enough if you attend all classes and read the entire textbook. Some internships are available, although you have to ask.
Review Your College
Ivy Tech is affordable. The teachers are very friendly and engaging. The staff members are friendly, knowledgeable, and are quick to offer assistance and answer questions.
I have just finished my program and about to start my internship for the summer. We have had several great opportunities in this program, such as working at free dental days. I learned so much, and plan to go for my associate's degree this year!
I think Ivy Tech is great because you get the same great education for a much lower cost!