Ivy Tech Community College - Bloomington Reviews

I have attended Ivy Tech Community College, Bloomington Indiana campus for a short period of time. I have had nothing but positive experiences so far. All the teachers, staff, and students have been very open to communication, understanding, and helpful. I have enjoyed my learning experience here. I would recommend this college to anyone, and also have thought about attending here after I receive my Associates degree to further my education. The cost isn't outrageous, the location is great for me, and I have learned so much in the little time I have attended.
Ivy Tech is an excellent community college enabling students to gain credits for less money to reach their overall career goal! And all staff members are always there to help with whatever your need may be from financial help to employment opportunities.
The school is very flexible with scheduling and there are many times available to take the same class. I enjoy not having to work about that too much. I had the chance to transfer some credits from high school to college and Ivy Tech made that really easy!
Review Your College
I do not know much about the post grad services, but I do know that a lot of my classes are supposed to be able to transfer with will help a lot!
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
I find the online courses to be more difficult simply because I forget to do things. The workload is normally the same, but I just do better with face-to-face classes. However, peer-to-peer interaction seems to be easier online because you do not have to actually talk to somebody if you have to say something negative.
The classes are great. The workload is moderate. I work a part-time job along with attending classes full time so it can seem overwhelming at times.
I am not sure about all of this!
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
The classes and the teachers have been interesting. I have enjoyed my experience at Ivy Tech so far!
I like the flexibility of the online classes.
I like that I can do the work in my time, as long as the assignments are turned in on time. I work and am busy so online is a great alternative for me. The workload has been a little much this summer, as they are 16 week courses done in 8 weeks. I think it is only much for me; because of: age, computer experience, and the time since I was last in school.
The professors have been excellent helping me adjust. They do not complain about what I am sure are silly questions. They understand I am an older student coming back to school and is taking a bit to get back into the swing of things.
There will be an internship in my degree choice. Everyone at Ivy Tech has been helpful and encouraging. I feel I will get exposure to the field of my choice and look forward to the next 2 years.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
I have only been back to school a few weeks, but I am learning things I will need to know for the career I have chosen.
After being out of school so many years, everyone at Ivy Tech has been so helpful getting me back into the swing of school.
Ivy tech so far has been a great school for me. The staff has been super helpful and the courses aren't too overbearing. Easy to access and free help for anything and everything is constantly offered.
it's great and I love this school.
  • Dec 31 2015
  • Value
best school ever and it just keeps getting better.
  • Dec 31 2015
Review Your College
Everything is wonderful about this school. best school ever!!
I could not have picked a better school to get my major.
I love going to this school. It's great for someone that is going into the computer field.