Ithaca College Reviews

1,863 reviews
Ithaca college does an incredible job of making you feel at home right from the beginning. As soon as I arrived on campus for orientation I was able to find friends and explore that campus. They also do a great job of getting students adjusted to college with their freshman seminar program. I couldn't ask for better college experience.
Campus community is friendly, thoughtful, accepting, and active. Professors go above and behind both inside and outside the classroom. So many clubs and organizations available. Between alumni and professors, there are so many connections to build experience and your resume.
So far, I'm having a blast at Ithaca College! My overall classes have been interesting and engaging, with good professors. The campus is gorgeous, as well as the surrounding town is cute and has so much to do. The living spaces are good, with many different options. One of the biggest improvements needed is the campus food; there needs to be better quality and more available spaces to get healthy foods. Otherwise, I'm having a great time!
Start Your Review of Ithaca College
I had a really great time at Ithaca College. The campus is small and unique, the surrounding area is lovely, and my program (Speech-Language Pathology) was great. Tuition is really expensive because it is a private college. If you can get the financial aid and it will make you happy, it's probably worth it.
I absolutely love Ithaca College for so many reasons! The college has so much to offer especially to undergraduate students so you are getting experience in your major day 1 on of class. The professors there are amazing and I have yet to have one that has not made a positive impact on me. There is always activities and events going on on campus so there is never a dull moment at Ithaca College. Overall, it is an amazing school and anyone who attends will not be disappointed.
Ithaca College is a great place for me as a transgender student. The professional staff at the Health Center, the director at the LGBT+ Resource Center, and the college president have all shown great support and efforts to meet the needs of students like me.
Ithaca College has a lot to offer. The academics are awesome, the professors are great, and the surrounding area is beautiful and safe. The small class sizes allowed me to succeed in school and become very close with the professors and other students. A lot of the classes included lectures and hands-on activities, which is helpful to students who learn differently. The amount of clubs and activities at Ithaca College were endless; There is a club for each person. The surrounding area includes great hiking paths, great eateries, and numerous shopping centers. I highly recommend Ithaca College to all students.
It's a good school. I really enjoy my classes and professors. I have been able to establish relationships with some of the faculty, which is really helpful in moving forward and succeeding in my field. They have many systems in place that support students and faculty alike. They have campus safety which really work hard at their jobs. However, it is a POW (Primarily White Institution), and while there is some diversity it is lacking. But hopefully in years to come that will change. The food is okay, but not the greatest. Some days are better than others in the dining halls. The underclassmen dorms aren't great but it gets better once you become a junior and are able go live in upperclassmen housing. Ithaca a lot to offer ranging from great academics to great extracurriculars. Ithaca college is not for everyone and not everyone is for Ithaca college, but it was right for me.
I am in the Park school and I can honestly say it's one of the best experiences. I feel very prepared to advance into the workforce and IC provides an amazing network of alumns to get me where I want to be.
This is an incredible school for communications and there are so many opportunities to learn but it can feel like a bubble at times.
I just completed my Freshman year at Ithaca College. It was a positive experience for me. The professors are top notch, the campus is beautiful, and the students are very friendly. My only complaints are the quality of the dorms (not renovated in long time), and the food. The food is quite poor, and I would like to see changes in the menu choices and quality.
It is a good school if you know what you want to do and are there specifically for that. Although they have things in place to make indecision an option for a time.
Terrible school, you're making a big mistake if Ithaca College is on your list of schools to apply to. As a graduating Senior I can say with 100% certainty that Ithaca College is a horrendously horrific school more concerned about safe spaces and diversity than the actual education provided at their institution. Do not attend, you will waste your time and money on a school that doesn't give the slightest shit about you and never will. I could write multiple 1000 page papers as to why Ithaca College is such a terrible school but my time is better spent recovering the time wasted at this beyond trash college.
Very mediocre student body and faculty. The students(who are all sheep for the most part) will complain about the dining hall food, which is actually pretty good. The people are rude and boring, the clubs are rather useless, the professors are just alright. Extreme dissappointment and highly overrated school. No good parties either, the one frat is not associated with the school and is lame. Choose something else.
Ithaca college was a really good stepping stone for me to go out and pursue my dream to study and play music classically.
Ithaca College has provided me with an incredible experience. All of my teachers are incredibly supportive and willing to worth with students. The community created among the campus is vibrant and encouraging. I have througholy enjoyed my Ithaca College experience and am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to have attended such an incredible institution.
Ithaca College offers a diverse and inclusive student life that ties in very well with great academic programs.
Start Your Review of Ithaca College
My daughter has really enjoyed Ithaca College. Her teachers have really taken the time to get to know her and she is excelling in her studies. The campus is in a beautiful city and as many great restaurants and boutique bed and breakfasts that make your visit even more enjoyable. She has been fortunate to make real and sincere friendships playing for the Varsity Women's Soccer Team for the past two years. Unfortunately the coaching staff is sub-par. She has received more guidance and encouragement, skilled training, support and encouragement summers away than while on campus with the team. I have observed that if you are not a favored player, you are irrelevant and mistreated. Quite unfortunate for what could be a program that enhances young college students strengths does the opposite.
I have only visited Ithaca but I plan on attending in the fall. The campus and everyone there were amazing and I fell in love with Ithaca the second I stepped onto the campus.
I have wanted to live in Ithaca since I was 14 years old. For some reason, I never thought of going to IC. Once I took my very first tour of the school, I fell in love. The campus is gorgeous, the people and students are so friendly and the professors here are really helpful. My academic experience has been really good and even though I am only a freshman I am already considering IC for graduate school.