Ithaca College Reviews

1,834 reviews
I am so happy that I chose Ithaca College. I was originally hesitant because I knew it was the school for me but they didn't offer me as much money as other institutions did. However, I have had opportunities to play music and exercise recreationally, while getting a top-notch education. I am studying physical therapy and have been getting to work with patients from the community in our on-campus clinic, thus gaining hand-on experience while learning incredible amounts about the practice of PT. Aside from academics, I have noticed that the student population is very friendly, caring, and in touch with nature. I get a lot of comfort from the people I am surrounded by, knowing that they are all hoping to help others. I am so lucky to be at IC, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a close community of down-to-Earth students.
This is my freshman year at Ithaca College and since then, I have been adapting to student life, academics and balancing my social life outside of school. It hasn’t been an easy ride, in fact it’s been everything but an easy ride. I honestly would’nt have made it through my first semester if it wasn’t for my closest friends, family, caring professors and my boyfriend who despite the distance between our colleges, has always been there for me.
I came to IC and was pretty excited about the school. But I quickly realized how wrong I was. The campus buildings are ugly, being in the library is incredibly depressing, and the students are unmotivated and uneducated. If you are a driven student, looking for a good education this is not the place for you. It is in a remote location, VERY cold, and too expensive for what you pay for. I knew I wanted to transfer in October of my freshman year. This school is not worth it.
Start Your Review of Ithaca College
Great liberal school with a wonderful town and community. The professors are lovely and want you to succeed, and the resources on campus are helpful. Expensive, but they help with financial aid.
My experience at the college has been going well so far and I am interested to see what more I can learn from being here. I have found that I have actually learned things at the college, something I wasn't sure would happen but am glad to have discovered.
The Campus and surrounding area are amazing. A lot to do and shares a town with Cornell University. Athletic programs are very good for a D3 program and the academics are fabulous.
Ithaca College is a small college that is very welcoming. The professor wants to see you succeed and are willing to meet you halfway. The school has weekend activities like movie nights for people who don't like to party, and the town of Ithaca has many restaurants that you can try one every weekend.
Ithaca College is a really wonderful place to go to college. I am currently in my third year and I have loved my experience so far. It can be difficult to get to, the housing market can be frustrating, and campus living is not ideal but those are my only cons about this school.
The college overall is a great place to be. It is a safe campus, the environment is not competitive to the point of being toxic but people are motivated here. The faculty is wonderful, except the Computer Science and the Math department. I'm not saying that because I'm a non-STEM person. I am a STEM major and the computer science department sucks horribly, especially their department chair. The math department is constantly changing up their curriculum. The only solid STEM departments here are the Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Bio-Chem departments.
Some of the best 4 years of my life here! Great programs and campus in the most beautiful town. Great campus community with a variety of organization and housing options.
I love Ithaca college. I am an art major here and my teachers are so passionate. The parties are pretty fun when you find the good ones. The bars are pretty fun too. I value the saying "work hard play hard" and that definitely applies here.
Man, this school. It has gone above and beyond my expectations. As a freshman student, I have witnessed friends from my hometown at their colleges dreading their work, their professors, etc. Not once have I had doubts about Ithaca; the professors are intelligent, helpful and kind and the programs are well-made. The amount of established alumni is incredible. The food is great, Terraces is the best dining hall and SubConnection has good food. Upperclassmen are awesome and enthusiastic. The campus and buildings are beautiful, and the location is ideal. Parties go on every weekend, on and off-campus, and are easily accessible by the TCAT.
I like the size of the school, 6000-7000 students and that it is in a college town with many opportunities to do great things off campus as well as with nearly Cornell University.
I love Ithaca so much. Both the Ithaca College Campus and the Town of Ithaca provide students with a great community to thrive in. They have a wide variety classes and have small class sizes for optimal learning. The only downside is some of the staff in the offices are not as helpful as would be ideal and the tuition is very high.
I love this school, If you are trying to decide where to go, Ithaca should be one of your options! It is an amazing university
I love the scenery of the campus, it is nature all over. The buildings on campus aren't too far from eachother, making traveling easy. Also, the staff is great, majority are really open with students. I wish there was more diversity in race of students though. Students are really engaging with eachother on campus since it is a medium sized school it is easy to get to know a lot of students. The dorms vary in size but even as a freshman you will have a decent size room.
At Ithaca College, you have a lot of support. There are a lot of resources here. You will have a good opportunity to achieve your dream goals. Being here, you will experience a wonderful campus and faculty. Some things that I wish to change is the diversity on campus and the food.
Start Your Review of Ithaca College
The ICC (gen Ed requirement system) is so stupid. They need to fix it or do away with it. The atmosphere is friendly and there is something for everybody.
I love the college town as well as the campus itself. It has been kind of difficult financially to afford the school because it is so expensive. There are some aspects of the school that are not worth the 60k that is spent to go to school there, but I love the atmosphere and the area so to me it is worth it.
I liked how they are an SAT optional school because sometimes students on standardized tests, yet their G.P.A is higher. They are very friendly and they were capable of answering every question I had there.