Theory, Practice, Performance
These elements are the core of the Ithaca College experience—today and every day since our founding over 125 years ago
IC began as a music conservatory in 1892, but in the decades since, it has grown into a residential liberal arts college with five schools and over 100 degree programs. Our students gain knowledge and confidence through a continuous cycle of learning, trying, and doing—with access to professional labs, studios, equipment, and research opportunities
As a mid-size, nationally-ranked college, IC offers students opportunities for personalized attention in every academic program and engagement in a wide variety of campus activities. Students join a welcoming community of almost 7,000 students that offers more than 200 student clubs and organizations
The IC experience continues after graduation as alumni become part of a growing network of professionals—mentors and experts around the world who take active roles in helping students succeed
Ithaca College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.107 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.116 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.117 responses
Radio and Television128 Graduates
Public Relations112 Graduates
Physical Therapy92 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production78 Graduates
Communication Disorders45 Graduates
Occupational Therapy45 Graduates
Corporate Communications42 Graduates
Creative Writing39 Graduates
- of students say they don't have Greek life.122 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.170 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.69 responses
Ithaca College Reviews
Our London program is AMAZING!
I love that I can double major in music and psych
I love our small campus.
The food sucks, like sodexo is so bad even the chefs don't like it
We have a ton of resources.
The psych department is small but plentiful and is getting me ready for my research career.
It can be quite cliquey between schools and majors.
Lack of school funded transportation for students - we have to use Ithaca's buses.
The TCAT is unreliable.
Its hard to get anywhere off campus without a car.
You feel trapped during the winter.