Iowa Wesleyan University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Methodist
NCAA Division III (with football)
Upper Midwest Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.12 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.12 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.12 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management28 Graduates
Nursing Science, Education, and Practice18 Graduates
Elementary Education17 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science9 Graduates
Human Services6 Graduates
Design and Visual Communications5 Graduates
Biological Sciences4 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.13 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.17 responses
After Iowa Wesleyan University
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.10 responses
Iowa Wesleyan University Reviews
Review Iowa Wesleyan University
The school has small class sizes, so you can get one-on-one help from teachers. It is easy to get involved. The campus is small, no need to wake up an hour before class! The farthest walk is 4 mins (2 mins if you run). Every student must complete and internship (student teaching/clinicals count) before they graduate. Service Learning is a giant part of the school and how we can give back to the community.
I enjoy being here most of the time. My classes are going well for the most part and the community is very close. Some of the professors are not consistent with grades or classes and that makes it difficult to keep up and maintain a good grade. Some of the professors here I believe are used to working at larger universities, whereas we have a small campus and small population.
Living on campus is actually ridiculously great. Being close to campus and having the community available from all of the students in the dorms, makes lasting friendships possible and easy - however, sometimes the housing process can be a bit strenuous since there' limited housing for students and you have to sign up quickly, it's still a wonderful atmosphere in the residence halls.