Iona College Reviews

Iona is a joke. They are trying to become a University or something so they let everyone in. Half the school is made up of morons or potheads.
I really liked the "family" atmosphere of this school. I really would like for more faculty members and other employees to be more concerned with students than with the money they make off of these students
Through the few months I have attended Iona, I have been able to get a feel for what the next four years will be like. One thing that will catch one's eyes immediately is the campus. The campus is very well kept and has a mix of modern and neutral style architecture. The professors are serious about their work and are willing to help any student at any time. The only department I see a downside in would be the math department. From my experience and what I have heard, professors seem to be rude, intimidating, and not willing to help. Having difficulty is always normal and always available are tutors for any help with class work or extra help. Students at Iona are friendly, willing to talk and become friends. The only downside I have noticed with Iona so far is the diversity.
Start Your Review of Iona College
School is small and cliquey. The professors act like you are still in high school, take away phones, get frustrated when you ask questions, etc. I would not recommend this school to anyone unless you want to be fiercely disappointed.
Iona College is great for students who love small class sizes and can interact with professors. The student environment is friendly. Our plan offers an off campus selection which is great, but more money is placed on campus. The food on campus is not great quality, and the school only offers $10 a day on campus. It is not enough money to eat 3 meals, so I eat breakfast and dinner.
The campus is huge and super beautiful. Here at Iona you really feel at home and there are countless friends to meet. The student community is very friendly and I do not regret being a part of this wonderful institution. The courses are challenging but the resources offered at this college are top notch which makes it easier to handle classes. From the libraries to the computer rooms and even the student lounges, Iona offers many locations to make students feel comfortable while they work or study or even just want to hang out. Iona College has been a truly fun and intellectual experience for me to have.
Because it is a small school and their focus is the business program, the science facilities are lacking. I would like to commend the professors they hire. With a small school environment it is extremely easy to build connections and relationships with many of your professors. Also for that reason, it is easy to get extra help in difficult classes and succeed as an overall student.
I'd like to see more involvement of the arts on campus, especially the auditorium. More opportunities for people not on the sports teams to get involved with intramurals. Make things not seem so clique-y like high school.
No parties, small school. Everyone knows everyone. This can be great or horrible. Once winter hits no one is outside.
Very easy to get involved! Professors are very caring and want to see their students succeed. There is never nothing to do on campus, students always want to be doing something.
So far my experience with Iona has been well and I truly enjoy being at the school. The thing they lack most in is student aid. I know many and have been a victim myself in the lack of help and the difficulty in getting aid. The school itself is overly expensive and many struggle just to pay for it. Once in the school, it is very challenging to get any more help and when you do transfer none of your credits transfer as well. Iona College credits are just recognized as their credits and its hard to find a school that would take these credits
Being a minority can be a little tiresome at points but overall it is easy to deal with. Overall experience depends on the person and who you know. I believe that my experience could have been better if there were more diverse things to do on campus as well as more diverse food and groups to get involved with on campus. Some students do feel and see the difference and if that is improved I can say Iona will be a better school for all of its students.
During orientation every student at Iona College treated the incoming freshman with respect and answer all our questions.
I like that I have met a diverse group of people and that Iona has a lot of activities and chances to meet them. In addition, I like that some activities are either discounted or free for students along with off campus meal options.
It isn't worth the money or education. They really are unorganized, also there math and science department really sucks.
I love the environment. Everyone is so friendly and always ready to help you with anything. The professors are always accessible and want you to do well.
Start Your Review of Iona College
Iona College has granted me a lifetime of opportunity through the education and experience that they have given me. A small campus, but everyone is friendly and open to meeting new people and building lasting friendships. There is almost nothing that I would change about my experience here.
The professors are actually very good, but certain rules the school has imposed such as submitting an eportfolio–a subsmmission of an already completed assignment–is a bit ridiculous. If you like small sized Liberal Arts college in a diverse suburban/urban setting, Iona is the place.
Iona College is a great choice if you want to attend a college where the professors know your name, care about you and your performance in their classes, need any additional help for any of your classes, or just want to attend a pleasant and safe college.