Institute of American Indian Arts Reviews

I am a non-native student. My experience at this school is poor because I have to bring my financial tuition down to 200$ in order to register for classes for the next semester. I am a poor student, having a difficult time paying off my tution.
It was a very well driven experience. Even though I am still a freshman of this school, I think it's insanely outstanding academic wise. If you're an artist, you will feel at home. Here at the Institute of American Indian Arts residential building, we try to make everyone feel welcomed and included with our activities. Everyone is open-minded and amazing people. They will forever bring a smile to your face. You do not have to like everyone, but you must respect one-another.
If you want to dive into Native American cultural diversity you well get your fill and then some! A number of tribes are represented here and you could not believe the art that is made here as well as the art that is stored at IAIA. It is a growing school and many new buildings have been built since I attended along with new guidelines for different majors and minors. Overall, I highly recommend this school for those interested in a carer in Art as well as those Native high school graduates who do not know where they should go. Also, even if you like the school or not, I fully believe you will make lifelong friends, like I have.
Start Your Review of Institute of American Indian Arts
The art education is amazing, but college life is not that great here there are a lot of changes on campus that need to happen including food, housing, and outreach
The community is very welcoming. The only things that I feel that needed to be addressed about the school is the bigger dormitories and wider selection of food. Other than that the school is fantastic. Great to have an experience with the Native American Community as well.
I had a great personal growth and development experience. Learned so much about my heritage and culture.
Well, the experience I have at school is a little different than high school. You meet new people everyday and learn from the other people outside the classroom. This experience is a struggle, but you get use to it. Eventually you get a little wiser and more manageable with budgeting.
It's pretty much fast food unless you have the money to dine out near the plaza.
Everyone comes from different backgrounds and they are very accepting of each other.
I had a pretty easy time getting into my program. The transition from my old college went smoothly too.
It's extremely difficult to get a hold of the financial aid staff here.
Everyone is decently attired and they are pretty friendly too.
The scenery is beautiful. Sometimes the locals can be standoffish
I enjoy going to this school. The teachers are great and I'm always learning something new and different.
I feel pretty safe on campus. The faculty and officials work hard to keep everyone safe.
Athletics at our is okay. We have a cross country club that has about 10 people enrolled in it. Our main focuses are on Archery, and in the gym activities. All students are involved in their workout courses. Whenever we have a cross country event the school in is full support. Our only athletic facility is our on campus gym, which is used very often. I use the gym 2-3 times a weeks.
Near to where i am there is a community college and mostly High schools. Our school does interact a little with the community college but not too much. The larger college are located in Albuquerque and our campus is in Santa Fe, about 55 miles away. The only real attractions in my area, is a couple of nice walking/hiking trails. The scenery is beautiful, especially in the summer time. Our campus is close to a recreational center, and a few time a month a van will take students to go swimming, iceskating, or to play basketball. There are a lot of galleries in town which are free to go to. I have been to many galleries in town and enjoying the art. The local attitude towards students in very encouraging. Actually today I was talking to a woman in a shop and she said that she studied Art of History in college, and she wished me luck at school.
Start Your Review of Institute of American Indian Arts
Some of the first places to eat off campus are mainly fast food places that are open very late or 24/7. If you don't have a car it is very hard to get off campus. We have a local bus service, but that only runs till 5:45pm. Eating out can be expensive if you don't eat at fast food places. There is some choice, but it can get a little boring once you've been there a couple of times.
Admission in pretty straight forward. Their is a non-refundable application fee. Background checks to live in housing, transcripts, and eligibility for funding. I never came across anything abnormal in my application. For me the only difficulty was timing. I had about 1 month to apply and submit all of my forms to the school before the deadline. I was planning on waiting a little longer to start college, because of funding, but I decided that waiting was not an option for me.
I absolutely love being on our Studio Arts program. Once all of the introductory courses, and major requirements have been taken the student is free to choses his or her classes. There is a lot of freedom at our school. Experimenting with different materials is always fun. Faculty and staff are always on hand to answer any question regarding Studio Arts. Most our faculty went to our school, so everyone seems to know everyone, it's a very small community. There are also a lot of student worker jobs here on campus. I'm currently working at facilities. I have learnt a lot worker here; how to take care of the buildings, moving offices around, and delivering packages.