Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB
IUPUI is an above-average public university located in Indianapolis, Indiana. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 17,555 undergraduate students. The IUPUI acceptance rate is 81%. Popular majors include Business, Nursing, and Liberal Arts and Humanities. Graduating 50% of students, IUPUI alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $36,900.
Indiana University-Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI) Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.209 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.249 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.248 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities272 Graduates
Hospitality and Tourism Management212 Graduates
Healthcare Management187 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering172 Graduates
Elementary Education157 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services155 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 154 responses
- Productive, yet social47%
- People are here for school, not to make friends18%
- Welcoming and productive; friendly to work with13%
- Bored and irritable1%
- heavy commuter campus - hard to make friends1%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.273 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.328 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 176 responses
- All of The Above14%
- Diverse, friendly,hardworking, with great programs11%
- A cost effective option in terms of tuition3%
- Great value, diverse, and great programs2%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.149 responses
Colleges like Indiana University-Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- BMarian University Indianapolis
- 4 Year
- Indianapolis, IN
- 438 reviews
- BUniversity of Indianapolis
- 4 Year
- Indianapolis, IN
- 1,023 reviews
- C+Indiana State University
- 4 Year
- Terre Haute, IN
- 2,077 reviews
- BUniversity of Southern Indiana
- 4 Year
- Evansville, IN
- 942 reviews
Indiana University-Purdue University - Indianapolis (IUPUI) Reviews
This is my first semester at IUPUI, I transferred from Ivy Tech Community College, where I obtained an Associate of Science in Human Services. My first connection with the IUPUI staff was insightful, made me want to work harder, and allowed me to feel with the proper steps I too can become a Jaguar! During orientation week I felt a sense of pride and togetherness as "established students" gave us incoming students a tour of the campus, everyone seemed connected in one way or the other- this experience made me eager to embark on my journey at IUPUI. As a first time generation college student having to navigate through the system and figure out how to apply for scholarships, grants, and other gifts for my educational funding was extremely overwhelming and can be slightly confusing. I just want to take what I already know and marry it to the knowledge that's to come, so that I can best serve my surrounding communities.
IUPUI is a perfect urban campus surrounded by top hospitals, a peaceful city, and endless opportunities. I enjoyed IUPUI being a smaller campus because I found that it was easier to make relationships with teachers, stay more focused on my studies, and excel to the best of my ability. One factor I would like to see change is parking on campus. Parking was very difficult to find on campus. If there was a way to provide more parking for students, I think it would be very appreciated for all those commuting to campus!
I love it here at IUPUI! There's a lot of classes offered, and there's so much to do and be involved in. The staff and professors here and geared towards your success, and there are so many resources here on campus to help you go farther with your education. The community that is built here on campus is very welcoming and inviting. My only complaint and the main reason I can't give IUPUI and 5-Star rating is the cost. Many colleges provide a lot of resources to students to help them fund their education, but the prices students have to pay for basic needs like meal plans and parking are a bit much.