Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne Reviews

1,135 reviews
I like how the campus is in a very nice town lots of stuff to do if you ever get bored and need stuff to do. Its very close to home so I know I can go visit people when I have free time. The campus is very diverse so that is something I am greatly looking forward to. The dorm rooms are very nice and you feel like you are right at home. The class sizes are perfect size and the professors are very helpful and nice. The campus is beautiful and a perfect place to call home for four years of my life.
I enjoy being close to home and being able to work as well as being a full-time student. Many students are in the same position that I am in so it makes connecting with others a lot easier. Although commuting can be difficult, PFW does a good job having parking that is available and places for people to be. The professors are great here and push me to be the best that I can be while juggling multiple things at the same time.
It's not that big compared to other universities, but it's very easy to get to places. The classroom size is fairly large and the outdoors are welcoming. The staff are really nice and help you find the way. The Mastodon really gives off a great vibe and cultural history of the school. The indoors are fairly nice, and the hallways are easy to get around. The library is connected to another building which makes it nice.
Start Your Review of Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne
I love the value for the money but would like more opportunities for courses and professors. Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne was a really good fit for me because it was close to home, and Fort Wayne offered many job opportunities.
Indiana University - Purdue University - Fort Wayne has just split to Purdue Fort Wayne and Indiana University Fort Wayne. IU is very challanging to get information back, and with it being so new, is not yet organized. With this spilt, IU has just taken control of the health care fields, including Nursing. The nursing program is a set schedule, meaning you can pick a bulk pack, instead of setting your schedule to best fit you. For this round students must be on campus for at least 4 days a week but could also be on campus all 5 days.
The university over all is very good when it comes to teaching its students but when it comes to retaining them they lack a little. With little financial aid I doubt a lot of low income students will stay here.
I have taken now three duel credit classes through IPFW. Overall my experience has been nothing but good. I've never had a problem with admissions or any of my teachers. The classes were kind of hard, but I succeeded through them just fine. The cost of taking the classes were relatively low and defiantly cheaper then a bigger school would have been.
Great class options, flexible scheduling, hands-on and friendly professors. Little to no student life and involvement. Doesn't feel like a college, more like a pit stop to pop into class and then leave. Small campus, so easy to memorize and get to classes on time. But that also contributes to the little student life.
I enjoy the campus and the friendly people. The professors are always willing to help and encourage you.
IPFW has a true connection to their students. The assortment of clubs and extracurriculars that the school offers gives an opportunity for every single student to find others and connect. The professors and staff are not only great teachers, they offer assistance in personal and professional aspects. The campus is beautifully laid out, and I could not be more happy with my choice to attend this university.
I love the layout of the campus. The staff there is very helpful to everyone. The housing there has a lot of space which is perfect for any college student. I cannot wait to start my college career there.
I like the small classes and excellent professors. I attended IPFW as a Freshman in College before transferring to Indiana University Bloomington, and am excited to go back this Fall 2018 as a graduate student.
IPFW, now Purdue Fort Wayne, is an amazing school for those who don't enjoy the thought of living in the typical "college town" or a big city. The professors are truly amazing and will do anything to help their students who show that they are willing to put in effort to succeed.
It's got a wonderful campus, not too big but not too small. Dorms are apartment style, meaning everyone has their own room. It can be pricey but if you seek out everything the school has to offer it's worth it. There are several wonderful opportunities for enriching yourself. You can travel abroad, without having to pay more than current tuition. Several communities focused on helping out students with tutoring or daily needs. There are spacious updated gyms and weight rooms. Staff are mostly pleasant and some go out of their way to make you feel welcomed.
Professors were willing to provide help/answer questions between classes, beautiful campus, and plenty of student-run activities to take part in. My only complaint is that, in the afternoons when everyone schedules their classes, the campus can get claustrophobic.
I like the lower cost of being able to attend school while living at home. I wish some of the professors didn't have hard to understand accents. Some classes were very difficult because of the language barrier.
IPFW is very affordable for the education provided. My department (Theatre) is small so I receive much individualized attention and guidance from professors and other faculty. In classes I’ve taken with other departments, it is not always the same, but overall I have had very good experiences with professors who really seem to care about my success. Other services provided by the school, such as the tutoring center or career services, have not always been helpful to me, and I often feel like I have to figure things out on my own. I don’t live in housing, so I cannot speak for that, but the environment on campus feels safe and there are countless convenient and comfortable places to study and hang out. I feel very welcomed and at home at this university overall, and I feel as if I am reaching my full potential.
Start Your Review of Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne
Faculty and staff work very closely with students, enhancing the learning experience. Many extracurricular activities, giving the opportunities to interact with others students and faculty out of the classroom.
It seems to be run like a community college. The education is great, but on campus events are very little. Most buildings interiors are old. But most of the teachers seem to really care about the students, and that's hard to come by.
The professors really care about their students and make sure they succeed. There is always someone there to help in anyway possible, as well as some kind of event for students to get free food and stuff.