Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.72 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.77 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.76 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.94 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.108 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.55 responses
Colleges like Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- BUniversity of Saint Francis - Indiana
- 4 Year
- Fort Wayne, IN
- 404 reviews
- BPurdue University Northwest - Calumet
- 4 Year
- Hammond, IN
- 979 reviews
- NGIvy Tech Community College - Northeast
- 2 Year
- Fort Wayne, IN
- 505 reviews
- BHuntington University
- 4 Year
- Huntington, IN
- 363 reviews
Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne Reviews
I honestly love attending school here. It's local so I am able to commute and save money on rent, but while on campus I have access to the full college experience. The food on campus is overpriced and mostly nasty but I think that is normal for college cafeterias. They used to cater in local chain restaurants such as chik-fil-a and Panda Express, and that was worth it and delicious. If I could change one thing about IPFW that would be it. Bring back the Panda!
IPFW is very affordable for the education provided. My department (Theatre) is small so I receive much individualized attention and guidance from professors and other faculty. In classes I’ve taken with other departments, it is not always the same, but overall I have had very good experiences with professors who really seem to care about my success. Other services provided by the school, such as the tutoring center or career services, have not always been helpful to me, and I often feel like I have to figure things out on my own. I don’t live in housing, so I cannot speak for that, but the environment on campus feels safe and there are countless convenient and comfortable places to study and hang out. I feel very welcomed and at home at this university overall, and I feel as if I am reaching my full potential.
It's got a wonderful campus, not too big but not too small. Dorms are apartment style, meaning everyone has their own room. It can be pricey but if you seek out everything the school has to offer it's worth it. There are several wonderful opportunities for enriching yourself. You can travel abroad, without having to pay more than current tuition. Several communities focused on helping out students with tutoring or daily needs. There are spacious updated gyms and weight rooms. Staff are mostly pleasant and some go out of their way to make you feel welcomed.