Indiana University of Pennsylvania is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.163 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.170 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.170 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management159 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies127 Graduates
Occupational Safety and Health Technician98 Graduates
Human Resources Management78 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 98 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.190 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.227 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.108 responses
Colleges like Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- C+California University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- California, PA
- 1,334 reviews
- BSlippery Rock University
- 4 Year
- Slippery Rock, PA
- 1,347 reviews
- B-Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Clarion, PA
- 937 reviews
- BBloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- 4 Year
- Bloomsburg, PA
- 1,267 reviews
Indiana University of Pennsylvania Reviews
The Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) is a wonderful institution for higher education. IUP has a strong network of professors from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, which allows for a multitude of learning opportunities. The campus is absolutely stunning with its mixture of up-to-date academic buildings, alongside historic buildings that have been standing since the incorporation of the university. The university aims to have a very diverse community of faculty and students, which it successfully accomplishes through its various academic programs and events. The university is nestled in the small city of Indiana, Pennsylvania. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and bars along Philadelphia Street to keep students entertained in the evenings and on the weekends. Overall, I have received a quality education at IUP, and I would certainly recommend the university to others!
I am going into my sophomore year and had experiences with IUP. I feel as though it is more to experience but so far and overall, I enjoy being at IUP. The campus is beautiful and huge. It makes you feel at home. The campus is diverse in some ways but could use improvements. The food could be better but there are many options but of course, it is college and you'll eventually get tired of the food. Academics are very good! Depending on which classes you take, you actually learn something. Online people say that the professors do not care about you and your work but that is false information. You have to be sure you let your professor know who you are. IUP isn't a party school like everyone portrays it as.
This school has decent professors that are sometimes too lenient with students, but the classes you choose determines how rigorous your courses are. There are very many party options available 4-5 days a week, but it is true Greek life sponsors and controls most of them. Going greek is a strong choice if you want to improve your experience here. No one will force you to party if you choose not to but you might find yourself somewhat bored. Overall my first year was a great experience, RUSH KAPPA DELTA RHO!