Indiana University - Southeast Reviews

I love that classes are small so you are able to have one on one time with your professor to understand the material better. Also, it is easy to get to each class on time since the campus is all in one area.
Indiana University Southeast is small, friendly campus that caters to both traditional and non-traditional students. Class sizes are small enough that every student has the opportunity to experience one on one time with every professor if necessary. Every building is easily and quickly accessible. Resources for career development, resume building, and really any other need for steps beyond the university can be accessed, or if unavailable on campus can be found and provided through professor or other professionals' resources. Every opportunity is reachable here if the student is prepared to pursue it and work for it. The small campus does sometimes hinder the availability at which certain courses are offered and it is often times hard to find parking due to the majority of the student population commuting.
I enjoyed the environment, academic and social. The school has wonderful student aid programs and is very supportive. The only downside is that for my specific major (nursing, BSN) there are very many Pre Requisite courses required.
Start Your Review of Indiana University - Southeast
IUS and I go way back. I first started there fresh out of high school, not knowing exactly what I wanted to do with my life. After a 3 year hiatus from college, I briefly attended one of the larger local universities, where I was met with faculty who did not make me feel like they cared about me or my education. On top of this, I racked up a lot more debt than I care to say. Remembering my time at IUS, I decided to transfer back. The faculty and staff immediately made it clear that they were available to guide me and assist me in any way possible, and they helped me get on track to finish a degree program I am passionate about.
I am currently an active duty service member serving over seas. I take as many credits as I can in order to obtain a Bachelors degree prior to returning to civilian life. IUS staff has been amazing with working with me and the complications that sometimes occur from being a full time Marine and living over seas. Whenever I need help or I have difficulty meeting a deadline they are more than willing to work with me.
I am grateful for the experience that I have had here at IUS so far! I have made amazing friends and learned from amazing professors. The professors are willing to work and meet with you, something I respect and have not heard many students from other universities mention. Most of students at IUS are commuting, so you have to put more effort into on campus activities than at other universities, but it is welcoming regardless.
I have really enjoyed the campus. I have had positive experiences with all of my professors. The campus has a lot of resources to help all types of students.
IUS offers a great deal of programs, courses, and majors of which strive to help every student from all kinds of backgrounds succeed at their perspective courses.
They are always there to see you succeed. They have supplemental instructors and the professors are always there to answer all your questions. The school is set to to help you succeed.
Indiana University Southeast is an average school. The classes are good, and the quality of education is above average, but I felt like there was something missing from my education there. The campus is not diverse, and sometimes it feels like everyone just tends to stay to themselves. It can be a little depressing. If you're just looking to get through school then this is a good choice, but if you really want the college experience then I would recommend looking elsewhere.
I love the small community at Indiana University Southeast. The small class sizes makes it easier to interact one-on-one with professors and develop connections with fellow students. However, at IUS the campus life is somewhat lacking. IUS is a commuter school and has difficulty promoting school spirit that you may find at a bigger, traditional college. Overall, IUS is an excellent choice for students interested in a small campus and focusing on receiving a great education.
Indiana university Southeast is an amazing college but it has its down falls. I chose IUS because it’s small. The campus is easy to get around and takes very little time to get to each building. Although, since the school is so small living on campus can be very boring. The area the school is located is not bad, it’s only about 15 minutes away from downtown Louisville, but there’s still not a whole lot to do.
I was hesitant at first to attend school here for honestly reasons unknown. When I finally did decide to go though, I made a very smart decision. The staff at IUS are absolutely wonderful, and if you desire to learn, this university truly is worth your while. The campus is serene and flush with green, the professors are interesting in the subjects and the students. Couldn't recommend a better school for anyone in the Kentuckiana region looking for a four year degree that is worth their money and time. A beautiful place to grow the mind.
The faculty is great and treats everyone with respect. As a non-traditional student with a family, I found it easy to find the classes I needed at times that were convenient.
For me, IUS was a childhood dream. My older brother attended this school and I visited it as a child. I fell in love with the campus, the surrounding community was amazing. Everything was so big and surreal. I enjoy the classes now, and the community is great but the childhood wonder isn't here.
IUS has a very open and welcoming environment. I really like the face-to-face interactions with my professors, as well as having the smaller classes, which helps immensely when you are having a difficult time understanding a particular topic.
This school has a very nice atmosphere along with kind people and teachers; my professors seem to really care about me and are willing to work with me. Although I wish there was a bit more of a social scene, it's a nice little school.
Start Your Review of Indiana University - Southeast
This is my home away from home, this campus is beyond beautiful, perfect in size and everyone that works there are super friendly and very helpful. The only downside is that the tuition is expensive.
I like how IUS is very organized along with having a welcome week where you are able to go and learn about different sororities, and how to get more involved with things going on around the campus
IUS is very accommodating. The staff is friendly and helpful. There are also many different options as far as class schedules are concerned. A big bonus is that there is a flat tuition rate for anywhere from 12 to 18 credits a semester. There is not any confusion about what is expected of new students and all the paperwork, such as financial aid, etc., is processed quickly.