Indiana University - South Bend Reviews

What I really like about Indiana University South Bend are the opportunities for students to learn. IUSB has plenty of programs and courses for students to take that will challenge people, and help them learn.
If there is one thing that could change for the better, it is the food. It would be awesome if the campus could offer better quality food for its students and staff.
With Indiana University - South Bend being a local college to me I was not expecting it to be as diverse as it is. The professors and advisors are also very helpful.
I love that it is a small campus and personable. My professors try really hard to help everyone and they are the bet teachers I’ve ever had. Everyone at the school is willing to help the students in anyway and it’s fantastic to see everyone succeeding because of them.
Start Your Review of Indiana University - South Bend
I am very glad that I chose to go to IUSB. Not only because it is affordable but because the classes are small so the professor gets to know you personally and helps when you have questions about the subject. It is very different than the typical lecture you would get at a bigger University and it helped a lot for someone like me who learns better in smaller groups. I've made so many friends because of the way IUSB is set up! If I had to choose it all over again, I would.
I really liked the modern impression that the school gave out. The staff was nice and welcoming. Definitely one of top college choices.
I just did not feel like I fitted in well at IUSB. And I also found that it wasn't too student friendly I guess.
I am currently in my first semester and I feel at home their professor want to interact with you and for you to do your best
Indiana University South Bend is a great place to be when you want the college experiences close to home. I was always that person who wanted to be close to home when choosing my future school. While it is abundant in what it has to offer, it is not a big school. If you are looking for decent class sizes and professors who will notice when you are gone from class... This is the place to be. This school has a lot of student life and some of the friendliest people I have ever met.
I've had a great time while attending. The professors I've had have all been professional , helpful and kind.
Close to home, good curriculum, low cost.
allows me to work part time and still achieve my education.
IUSB is a beautiful campus with highly sophisticated professors, and great students! I always enjoy walking through campus, or sitting in the library to study or in The Grille which is the campus cafeteria. The environment is refreshing and judgement free.
I just transferred. The transfer process was confusing, but overall, I have been enjoying my first semester.
Commuter campus. Not much to do on campus. Some of the teachers know what they are doing while others need some more practice.
I love the diversity and how they allow people to be themselves. I wish more students would get involved in the activities around campus.
As a freshman that has just finished my first semester, I have to say that I love this campus and overall teaching. The campus is just big enough to where there is always something new to find out about and the teachers here as so nice and accepting. The academics provide students to push themselves to succeed and come out learning new things every day.
Let me start by expressing how underappreciated this school is.The housing is amazing, the professors (at least for business) are top notch, and the diversity on the campus is unbeatable. I met people from all walks of life and we collaborated so well together. There are tons of clubs, which really make the experience to me! The reason most people complain about the school is because they are not taking advantage of the resources.The professors are always willing to help, the tutors have taken the same courses so they know how to help you ,and any professor or many students are nice enough to assist you tool. I love this place and enjoy being near Notre Dame and the mall. There are 5 colleges in South Bend (not including Ivy Tech) so if you say this school doesn't give you the college experience you're doing it wrong. The SAC is amazing and Free to students! I really do not know what more you could ask for out of a school, at such an affordable rate none the less.
IU South Bend is great! It is a small sized university, but you are still achieving the same degree as if you were at IU Bloomington. The connection and one on one time with professors is something I cherish because that may be more difficult to do at a larger university. The people here are really nice, the courses actually help you learn, and the clubs/athletics are very fun. I would highly recommend IU South Bend to anyone!
Start Your Review of Indiana University - South Bend
Overall IUSB is a really good school. I know I will receive a top notch IU education here without the being far from home. Housing is amazing, the apartment style makes me feel like I have actually moved out of my parents home and like a 'real' adult. The size of IUSB allows you to have a personal relationship with all of your professors. At a larger university this wouldn't be possible. Even in my 100 person chemistry lecture I don't feel lost in the crowd because my professor actually knows my name. I feel this allows my education to be more successful. I am so happy I chose to attend IUSB. :)
I'm a freshman at IUSB and so far I enjoy the college. It's a little smaller than what I'd like to eventually attend but decided to take my first year of college locally.
The professors are all great to work with. Class sizes are small and personal. They were accommodating of my disability and service dog.