High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.61 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities108 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies41 Graduates
Elementary Education36 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services28 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication27 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.70 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.81 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.42 responses
Colleges like Indiana University - South Bend
- B-Purdue University Northwest - North Central
- 4 Year
- Westville, IN
- 390 reviews
- C+Indiana University - Northwest
- 4 Year
- Gary, IN
- 659 reviews
- B-Indiana University-Purdue University - Fort Wayne
- 4 Year
- Fort Wayne, IN
- 1,124 reviews
- BIndiana University - Southeast
- 4 Year
- New Albany, IN
- 650 reviews
Indiana University - South Bend Reviews
My experience with Indiana University South Bend has been wonderful so far. I just finished my freshman year and the student life there treated me very well! I loved the effort my professors put in with teaching not only their classes, but providing extra time outside of class to further cover material.
I am very glad that I chose to go to IUSB. Not only because it is affordable but because the classes are small so the professor gets to know you personally and helps when you have questions about the subject. It is very different than the typical lecture you would get at a bigger University and it helped a lot for someone like me who learns better in smaller groups. I've made so many friends because of the way IUSB is set up! If I had to choose it all over again, I would.
Let me start by expressing how underappreciated this school is.The housing is amazing, the professors (at least for business) are top notch, and the diversity on the campus is unbeatable. I met people from all walks of life and we collaborated so well together. There are tons of clubs, which really make the experience to me! The reason most people complain about the school is because they are not taking advantage of the resources.The professors are always willing to help, the tutors have taken the same courses so they know how to help you ,and any professor or many students are nice enough to assist you tool. I love this place and enjoy being near Notre Dame and the mall. There are 5 colleges in South Bend (not including Ivy Tech) so if you say this school doesn't give you the college experience you're doing it wrong. The SAC is amazing and Free to students! I really do not know what more you could ask for out of a school, at such an affordable rate none the less.