IUSB is a public university located in South Bend, Indiana. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 3,767 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the IUSB acceptance rate is 78%. Popular majors include Business, Liberal Arts and Humanities, and Nursing. Graduating 29% of students, IUSB alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $28,000.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.62 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.62 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities99 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services45 Graduates
Elementary Education39 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies36 Graduates
Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia30 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.71 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.82 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.42 responses
Colleges like Indiana University - South Bend
- C+Purdue University Northwest - Westville Campus
- 4 Year
- Westville, IN
- 395 reviews
- NGIvy Tech Community College - Northcentral
- 2 Year
- South Bend, IN
- 441 reviews
- B-Bethel College - Indiana
- 4 Year
- Mishawaka, IN
- 511 reviews
- B+Goshen College
- 4 Year
- Goshen, IN
- 133 reviews
Indiana University - South Bend Reviews
The dorms were very nice. I love that I had my own bedroom. I loved my job at the WERC. Some of the professors were awesome and helpful, but most of the professors I had, did not care. The food at the grill pretty good. I loved working out the SAC! They’ve come a long way with the buildings. The dorms are close to campus. It’s a pretty small environment, this wasn’t my dream school but I did enjoy my time while I was there.
The school is nice! The fact that most students are commuters hinders the experience! The campus is very nice, there are a lot of events, but the turn out is always so low because most students are at home. The food on campus tastes excellent. The sewer is right in front of the restaurant though, which always releases a foul odor.
My experience with Indiana University South Bend has been wonderful so far. I just finished my freshman year and the student life there treated me very well! I loved the effort my professors put in with teaching not only their classes, but providing extra time outside of class to further cover material.